Is this what you're talking about???

ScienceRocks

Democrat all the way!
Mar 16, 2010
The Good insane United states of America
How many of you global warming alarmist would be ok with Obama doing something like this.

Coming on t.v and telling us that his number one goal in his second term is to fight global warming.
-Mandating (Possibly a form of martial law)everyone to buy an electric car
-Calling back the military to put up 200 more GW of Solar and wind power to run those cars???
-Cutting all red tape to build mass transit
-Using the military to build levees around all cities below 5 feet of sea level.
-Nationalizing of all oil, coal and natural gas companies...followed by shutting them down by a swoosh of a pen.

Is this what you global warmers are talking about?

Last edited:
I think that most of the true belevers would be willing to go much further than that.

I think that you are full of shit, SSDD.

Cannot mandate EVs, not enough built, no range yet.

We cannot add 200gW of anything without rebuilding our present antiquated grid.

After riding the light rail here in Portland for the last quarter twice a week, I like this form of tranportion very much. But it is costly to put into place.

To be realistic, considering storm surges, that would be levees for cities with portions lower than 20 ft above sea level. Again, extremely costly, maybe more so than moving the cities.

Simply cannot just shut everything down with a swoosh of a pen, let alone nationalize them. UnConstitutional, illegal, and it would be extroidinerly stupid, to boot.

What we have to do is switch to nonpolluting sources of power, ASAP. Like in a generation. Prepare fot the consequences of the changing climate. As in harden our infrastructure, prepare for more major weather related catastrophes, and prepare our agriculture. Realistic goals, but with the very serious caveat of lack of knowledge as to how severe the consequences will be and where they will strike.

I think that you are full of shit, SSDD.

Cannot mandate EVs, not enough built, no range yet.

So range is your only objection? Perhaps you would be willing to see us taxed into oblivion trying to get that range?

We cannot add 200gW of anything without rebuilding our present antiquated grid.

More taxes, but something you wouldn't mind seeing?

After riding the light rail here in Portland for the last quarter twice a week, I like this form of tranportion very much. But it is costly to put into place.

To be realistic, considering storm surges, that would be levees for cities with portions lower than 20 ft above sea level. Again, extremely costly, maybe more so than moving the cities.

More taxes?

Simply cannot just shut everything down with a swoosh of a pen, let alone nationalize them. UnConstitutional, illegal, and it would be extroidinerly stupid, to boot.

Obama had no problem with doing that exact thing to GM and I didn't hear any outcry from the unionized left as he did it.

Forum List

Back