Is this the year of the Libertarian Party?

Is 2018 the year of the Libertarian Party?

• Yes, because the DNC has provided little of an option for independents.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes, because the GOP has provided little to retain the independent vote.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
The SEC's unanimous ruling regarding Tier 1 capital for the top five broker dealers was certainly a contributing factor. I have talked about that countless times on this forum, and linked to the decision many times.That's one of the trees in the CFMA forest.To say that that alone was a cause is as dumb as saying the CRA was the cause, or the GSEs were the cause, or the Democrats were the cause.There were a HOST of causes.The CFMA is what kicked off the entire craze. It was the prime mover which opened the door to what followed.

And all of that didn't cause Bush to cease the enforcement of lending standards for subprime loans beginning in 2004 and extending into 2007. That is specifically what triggered turmoil in the financial markets.

And if we had not allowed those politicians that kind of central power, then the financial institutions would have been stopped dead in their tracks. And no crash.

Kind of central power...so this is a deliberately vague and undefined phrase, meant to paper over the significant rhetorical gaps in your argument. I don't know what "kind of central power" means because you haven't bothered to define it, clearly. It seems to me that you use that phrase specifically to wiggle around the parameters as it suits your argument. Of course the federal government should have the power and authority to regulate Wall Street commerce because the products they produce aren't localized to New York.

You keep blaming the politicians and their power for corporations and special interests using money to "capture" it. If they could no longer use money to "capture it", then how would they capture it?

Pick an issue, any issue, and I'll tell you how the states' rights argument inevitably falls to discrimination.

Legalizing pot on the state level.

Still waiting...

Isn’t pot still illegal on a federal level? I guess Derp would be in favor of the Feds making mass arrests in Colorado and California of people using and selling pot!

If our politicians did not have that power, why would the banks donate to them so they could buy that power?

Well that's stupid, silly, and immature...why? For one, you haven't bothered to specify where the line is that distinguishes a "kind of central power". It's wholly arbitrary and subjective, not to mention childish and unrealistic. In fact, that's why you use that phrase "kind of central power", because you don't know where that line exists for yourself. So you end up just making arbitrary and subjective judgement that apparently have degrees of central power. What those degrees are is unmentioned, mostly because you realize you cannot be an absolutist without looking like a complete jackass.

Oh, wait. If Kansas decided it was okay to drive 100 mph in Kansas, this would be discrimination!

I can't wait for The Derp to tell us how!

Pick an issue, any issue, and I'll tell you how the states' rights argument inevitably falls to discrimination.

You want to treat the symptoms instead of the disease!

Money is the disease. Power cannot be realistically cured. But money can. Remove money from the system, and you remove the incentives for politicians to solicit it. Then politicians have to solicit votes. Which is what we want, right?

The Libertarian Party view on immigration (whoa!)

3.4 Free Trade and Migration

We support the removal of governmental impediments to free trade. Political freedom and escape from tyranny demand that individuals not be unreasonably constrained by government in the crossing of political boundaries. Economic freedom demands the unrestricted movement of human as well as financial capital across national borders. However, we support control over the entry into our country of foreign nationals who pose a credible threat to security, health or property.

If our politicians did not have that power, why would the banks donate to them so they could buy that power?

Well that's stupid, silly, and immature...why? For one, you haven't bothered to specify where the line is that distinguishes a "kind of central power". It's wholly arbitrary and subjective, not to mention childish and unrealistic. In fact, that's why you use that phrase "kind of central power", because you don't know where that line exists for yourself. So you end up just making arbitrary and subjective judgement that apparently have degrees of central power. What those degrees are is unmentioned, mostly because you realize you cannot be an absolutist without looking like a complete jackass.
That's how liberal incrementalism works. A little power grab here, a little power grab there. Before you know it, you can't fart without filling out a form.

I'm sorry you suffer from short term memory deficits and cannot recall that I very specifically mentioned the power of "federal pre-emption".

All caught up now?

I am not avoiding at all.

Yes, you are. You're avoiding the reality of the globalized economy in which we live, and you're avoiding money's influence in our political system.

The 18th century isn't coming back. Time to let it go and join us in the 21st century.

And your bullshit about "the only means" is just that. Bullshit. I have been telling you and telling you and telling you the BEST means to mitigate special interest influence, and YOU are avoiding any attempt to hear me.

What are the other means, then? Or is this going to be another example of you never articulating anything. Money is the only means by which special interests can get politicians to act on their behalf. There are no other means because the only other means is the vote.

How do you influence a politician? Two ways:

1. Money
2. The vote

If you remove #1, that leaves only #2.

I have articulated SEVERAL, willfully blind monkey..

And each one didn't turn out to be a state-only issue. Each one has to do with people in every state. Ergo, they are national issues. Come to think of it, there doesn't seem to be a single issue that is specific to just one state.

STILL WAITING!

Legalizing pot on the state level.

Increasing state speed limits to 100 mph.

In another minute or so, The Derp is going to repeat his lie I have never given him any examples.

Watch.

monkey.jpg

I have articulated SEVERAL, willfully blind monkey..

And each one didn't turn out to be a state-only issue. Each one has to do with people in every state. Ergo, they are national issues. Come to think of it, there doesn't seem to be a single issue that is specific to just one state.
Oh, look. It didn't even take another minute! :lol:

Legalizing pot in Michigan does not affect people in every state. You can't state a lie and pretend it's true. Your little sophomoric non sequiturs are not working.

Now, come on. Tell us how legalizing pot in Michigan is discrimination. We're waaaaaaaaaitiiiiiiinnng!

Your whole discrimination argument is loaded with fallacy.

Stop using words you clearly don't understand.

If a local government has constituents made up of a particular race/ethnic/religious background, wouldn't allowing them to have local control prevent their discrimination

No. Jim Crow is the proof of that.

If Deerborne, Michigan is all Muslim, does it make sense to require a proportional number of Christian churches in the city limits based on a nation-wide percentage?

First of all, that's not a requirement...so interesting how you use a logical fallacy to argue that I'm making a logical fallacy. Was that your intent? Back to the drawing board!

f a town in Mississippi is 85% black, do nation-wide minority discrimination laws appropriately apply to them? Who is the real racial minority in that situation?

Discrimination violates Civil Rights and the 14th Amendment. So try again without using a logical fallacy. Thanks.

According to The Derp, driving a car 100 mph in Kansas somehow affects a driver in Washington, DC.

This must be that quantum physics stuff we hear so much about! :lol:

"Spooky action at a distance!"

Forum List

Back