Is this section just a place for disgruntled whites to hate on blacks?

Let me explain a few things to you. First of all, no one living today, enslaved ANYONE! Slavery is DEAD. So is Jim Crow; it's OVER. By that logic, it's perfectly OK for any Native American to hate Whites, and for that matter, it's just as OK for any White Southerner to hate any and all Yankees (I can provide a lengthy and rather nauseating list of war crimes committed against Southern civilians by Union troops). It's fine to remember past wrongs; they're instructive on what NOT to do. On the other hand, using those wrongs as a rationale for hating today is useless; both perpetrators and victims have long since taken the dispute to a Higher Court, so end it, NOW!

Second, there is no entirely virtuous race, there is no entirely villainous race, there is no criminal race, there is no victim race, and there is no bigoted race. All those are characteristics of INDIVIDUALS, not entire racial groups; no race has a monopoly on either vice or virtue, and it is a lie to pretend otherwise.I've seen White posters behave badly here; I've seen Black posters behave badly here. I've seen Jews, and Christians, and Muslims, behave badly here. Not one of them represented an entire race, religion, or ethnicity; for good or ill, they each represented THEMSELVES. An individual says something disgraceful, point it out, but blanket statements and groupthink like you started this thread with only serve to promote hatred, bigotry, and mistrust. "Race" will continue to be a problem in this country, until we stop seeing people as members of a "race", and start seeing them as individual human beings. That starts with each and every one of us, INCLUDING YOU!

P.S Using racial slurs, even those aimed at your own race, is bigotry, too, so before you do too much finger-pointing and acting "holier than thou", take a look in the mirror. Whether you realize it or not, statements like yours come across as pandering and patronizing, which in itself is a form of bigotry, or if you prefer a more loaded word, "racism".

No blacks effected by Jim Crow are alive today? Save the colorblind bullshit for the naive. America was born of and will die from racism.

Want to keep hating over the past, Salt? Do you, really? You still want to be stuck in 1968, pretending nothing has changed, or ever will? A friend who told me years ago that the generations living then would all have to die off, before we could look at each other and see a person, not a color, was right. You, and your counterparts on the other side, keep it up; keep nursing those grudges, real and imagined, and that last sentence of yours may become a self-fulfilling prophecy. What do you want to do, exactly? Wind up killing each other over it? What good will THAT do anyone, of any race? It's either that, or find a way to live together, because neither your race nor mine is going anywhere, and we are not going to accomplish anything by hurling accusations, and pointing fingers, at one another. That gets done every day here; has it changed anyone's heart and mind? That "colorblind bullshit" may be for the naive, but at least it's a start at something better. You got a better idea? Then put it out there.

Colorblind is a waste of time. It ranks right up there with giving out trophies for participation or playing games where no one keeps score. American was born of racism and will die from racism, that's just the facts. I have no problem with it, it's just life.

José;3814486 said:
Nigerians would be mad if Nigeria were flooded with millions of chinese immigrants.

The chinese people would set Beijing on fire if China accepted millions of hispanics from Bolivia, Ecuador and Mexico.

So I don't blame Tank and Joyce for doing exactly what any other people on Earth would do if they witnessed the accelerated destruction of the racial makeup of their nation carried out (believe it or not) by their own schizophrenic government.

Blacks weren't immigrants looking for work... we brought them here for slavery. That is quite a difference. How on earth do you equate your hypotheticals with reality?

Bullshit HG. You've been here long enough to know that the hate flows both ways. I used to think you "got that" but now I know you don't.

Blacks have more of a right to hate and be mad at Whites than vice versa. They are the ones who's ancestors were enslaved by us, and who have been denied, on paper, civil rights until 45 years ago, and who institutionally, still recieve racism from whites. I don't understand how hatred or anger isn't justified, or valid on their part. We are the ones who did all of that to them. What the hell do we have to mad about? We are the ones who brought them over here. They have done literally nothing wrong, yet some of you take the attitude that this whole thing is their fault. I don't understand your logic, or what facts you use to support your logic.
I think you are confusing having a rationale for hatred, with having a "justification" for it. By that logic you are using, some White people look at the amount of Black-on-White crime, look at the incarceration statistics (which are pretty grim) and conclude that Black people are hateful and violent. That furnishes a rationale for hate (so long as you don't look at it too closely) but in no way justifies that hate. What gets left out, naturally, is the disproportionate degree to which a part of Black America is affected by poverty, and the ills associated with it. What gets left out from the Black side of the divide is that a considerable number of White people have tried to help counter the hate and discrimination Blacks have too often experienced; that was a problem MLK addressed back in 1963, and it is with us yet. As I pointed out earlier (read the WHOLE post) the problem comes from generalizing from "Some of the other race behave badly" to "See? ALL of THEM are like that!" Now add in the use of race as a political tool (Not new, it's been going on since the end of slavery, and even before that), and political figures pandering to the absolute worst instincts of BOTH sides, and you have the reason (not an especially good one) for the hate that gets spewed back and forth here regularly. The truth of course, is that neither race is a monolith, socially, economically, or in any other respect. It's not fair or accurate to single out any individual or subgroup, for better or worse, and ascribe their characteristics to an entire race. That is just plain idiotic, and wrong.

I understand , when HG applauds your comment that some here "Blame Blacks (as a group) for everything that is wrong in this country". Some here do that, and I share HG's (and your) frustration with that. However, I think HG also knows that not every White conservative here behaves that way, and I think you should understand that as well.. As a matter of fact, it's usually the same group of posters making the same hateful comments, over and over. The way to handle that, is NOT to tar everyone with the same broad brush; the right thing to do, is to take on those individual comments when they come up. I've seen posters of both races say some pretty hateful stuff on this board, and no matter which side it comes from it's not right, and needs to be called out for what it is. Bigotry is ugly, and it's just as ugly with a Black face, as with a White one.

I understand Salt's pessimism; I just don't happen to share it. It's painfully slow, but we are getting better, and someday (though I won't live to see it) America will get past this. Until then, passing out group blame to people who have had no part in what they are being blamed for, is counter-productive, and wrong. I don't know about you, but I do not appreciate being blamed for activities and comments I have not only had nothing to do with, but in fact have condemned, repeatedly. I feel pretty certain most of the Black contributors here, feel the same way.

Originally posted by newpolitics
Blacks weren't immigrants looking for work... we brought them here for slavery. That is quite a difference. How on earth do you equate your hypotheticals with reality?

The level of alienation from the CURRENT reality displayed by 99% of the posters of this Board is mind-boggling. If the debate weren't being conducted through the Internet I could swear we were in North Carolina, 1930.

I have no doubt that people like tank and William Joyce will never fall in love with blacks or with hispanics. But I also believe that the main source of racial tension in America today has little to do with what I call America's historical racial minorities (10% of blacks and 1%, 2% of hispanics).

Most whites would be quite happy to live in a desegregated US where blacks and hispanics are equal before the law. What really fuels racial tension and white separatist movements (besides AA) is the fact that whites in America are heading towards minority status in a few decades.

The fear of becoming a racial minority in the country they founded and the fear of eventually losing their racial identity are, IMO, the source of most of the racial tension we see in America today.

I have sympathy for those whites even though most of their hatred is directed at Latinos, my own people. I just think they must choose their targets more carefully:

They must direct their anger at the US government who is actively engaged in an attempt to destroy America's white majority and not at the historical racial minorities of the USA that have absolutely nothing to do with the country's immigration policies.

It's not the fault of an american black family whose ancestors arrived in the US in 1650 that the US government allows hundreds of thousands of blacks from Africa, Haiti, Cuba etc... to settle in America today.

It's not the fault of a Tejano family whose ancestors lived in Texas since 1780 that today the US government allows half of Mexico to live illegally in America.

White americans have the right to protest against the insane actions of their own government that are rapidly turning them into a racial minority in their own country but they should be careful not to blame the historical racial minorities of America for recent immigration laws they aren't responsible for.

Last edited:

Bullshit HG. You've been here long enough to know that the hate flows both ways. I used to think you "got that" but now I know you don't.

Blacks have more of a right to hate and be mad at Whites than vice versa. They are the ones who's ancestors were enslaved by us, and who have been denied, on paper, civil rights until 45 years ago, and who institutionally, still recieve racism from whites. I don't understand how hatred or anger isn't justified, or valid on their part. We are the ones who did all of that to them. What the hell do we have to mad about? We are the ones who brought them over here. They have done literally nothing wrong, yet some of you take the attitude that this whole thing is their fault. I don't understand your logic, or what facts you use to support your logic.

Oh really? Then the Jews have every reason in the world to hate blacks. Africa enslave the jews for hundreds of years to build their pissy pyramids. Thanks for letting us know that hatred is OKay.. I love ya for it.

Slavery is over. Jim Crow is over. It is up to the blacks to achieve success for their race. People like you do them no favors by trying to drum up sympathy for their plight. This country has more than paid for sins of its past when it comes to slavery. Right now is the time for blacks to drop the mantle of victim and pick up the banner of success.

They will thrive or die on their own merits now.

If you feel so badly about the history of slavery then send 10% of you pay to Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson. They seem to share your opinion that blacks can not pick themselves up and move forward.

People like you do no good in pretend we still don't have problems. As long as you continue you to deny reality, we will continue to make sure that the playing field stays level.

People like you do no good in pretend we still don't have problems. As long as you continue you to deny reality, we will continue to make sure that the playing field stays level.

I am not denying that there is a problem ( I live in one of the racist states in the union) what I am saying is that playing blacks as victims does not do them one bit of good. Its like letting your kid win at everything you deny him the real sense of victory that comes with making it on your own.

And just how are you making the playing field level? Affirmative action? Hiring quotas? Making certain groups protected?

Its time to make blacks part of the country where you fail or pass on your own merits. And lets not forget that a lot of the "racism" that everybody screams isnt racism its exclusion based on socio-economic status; black, hispanic, eastern or white.

Originally posted by tonystewart1
Its time to make blacks part of the country where you fail or pass on your own merits.

It's time to stop debating metaphysics in the middle of an avalanche.

People like newpolitics must be living in an parallel universe:

Complaining about slavery and Jim Crow laws while America is fastly becoming a hispanic nation. :cuckoo: :cuckoo:

Talk about being a dinosaur from a bygone era.

José;3816763 said:
Originally posted by tonystewart1
Its time to make blacks part of the country where you fail or pass on your own merits.

It's time to stop debating metaphysics in the middle of an avalanche.

People like newpolitics must be living in an parallel universe:

Complaining about slavery and Jim Crow laws while America is fastly becoming a hispanic nation. :cuckoo: :cuckoo:

Talk about being a dinosaur from a bygone era.

Yet another sign that the Apocalypse is upon us: Jose and I actually agree on something! Our nation is being overwhelmed by a tidal wave of illegal immigration, and what do we Americans do? Ignore that, and fight each other over past wrongs. Talk about fighting the last war, instead of the current one!:cuckoo:

Hispanics don't feel sorry for blacks like white liberals do.

We are the ones who did all of that to them. What the hell do we have to mad about? We are the ones who brought them over here. They have done literally nothing wrong, yet some of you take the attitude that this whole thing is their fault. I don't understand your logic, or what facts you use to support your logic.

Whenever the white-bashing starts up, it's typically a white person leading the way.

Does anyone notice that?

You never see black people bashing blacks, or Hispanics bashing Hispanics.

Originally posted by AfroFogey
As long as no one is creating laws to disbar another race from prospering, we are fine.

There are a lot of white folks in America pissed off not only with preferential treatment laws but also with the 52 and 65 immigration acts, fogey, because they were specifically designed to turn whites into a minority group in America.

PARADOXICALLY, they are pissed off with those two laws even when they don't even know they exist!! :eek: :eek:

They may not know them but they surely feel their effects on the streets of America.

Originally posted by AfroFogey
Race relations honestly are darn near perfect in America.

I'm old enough to remember that everything was fine in the Soviet Union and its satellite states (no acute economic crisis, no armed revolts, etc...) right until the moment it began to crumble.

I'm not saying the same will happen in America... just a cautionary reminder that "peace" can sometimes be misleading.

Hispanics don't feel sorry for blacks like white liberals do.

Hispanics didn't enslave blacks in America. White people did.
Hispanics don't enslave blacks, they just kill them.

Whoa, tank!! I guess I forgot to fill my daily murder quota today!!...need to find an african-american to empty my M16.

High Gravity... you better get the fuck away from me, buddy... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Forum List

Back