Is This Guy Cool Or What?

I remember this. He was all over the news for days and he became a hero. This flag was on a street in Reno that was predominately Hispanic businesses and look like Mexico. Well Ave used to be business operated by American and now all Hispanic. Also a high crime area. There is one resturant call. Asi Es Mi Tierra. PIsses me off every time I see it.

Asi Es Mi Tierra - Reno | Urbanspoon

This is Wells Ave in Reno and "diversity" my ass.
Reno Wells Avenue Pictures - Pictures, Photos of Wells Avenue Neighborhood and Shopping District in Reno, Nevada, NV

Pictures of Reno's Wells Avenue Neighborhood & Shopping District
Diversity Reigns in the Historic Wells Avenue District
By Standley White, About.com Guide

Reno's Wells Avenue neighborhood and shopping district is still how Reno used to be when where you lived and worked weren't far apart. The area is a mix of businesses and homes along Wells Avenue, creating a district where most everything is within walking distance.Wells Avenue is a place where the passage of time and an influx of new people have made diversity a key ingredient to the flavor of the area. The flavor is predominantly Hispanic, but there is much more in the Wells Avenue melting pot. A sampling of what you will encounter walking along Wells Avenue includes Irish pubs, thrift shops, scrapbooking store, Hispanic supermarket, bank, BBQ restaurant, Mexican restaurants, western, wedding, and secondhand clothing stores, tattoo parlors, a seafood restaurant, florist shop, auto repair and parts places, and much more. It's a mixed bag in the residential areas that begin right behind the stores lining Wells Avenue, from aged beaters to beautiful renovations of historic brick homes.

Reno Wells Avenue Pictures - Pictures, Photos of Wells Avenue Neighborhood and Shopping District in Reno, Nevada, NV

Not what is was 10 years ago. Hispanics move in and Blacks and Whites moved out because crime moves in. I have seen this in 5 neighborhoods here in Reno.

Last edited:

He could have used a Cruise Missile to remove it!:lol:

partlybuilt01.jpg

Forum List

Back