Is this feminsim?

shoshi

Platinum Member
Oct 28, 2020
Alaa Salah was a leader in the protests against Sudanese dictator Omar al Bashir. Now she is fighting for equal representation of women in the new government. She says she is not feminist because she is for equal rights for everyone. That is what feminism means to me equal rights and opportunity. What does it mean to you? Would you call her feminist or not?

Feminism is defined differently by everybody.

To me, feminism is women who think they deserve rights over everybody else, because they've been "held down" for so many thousands of years. Much like the blacks think they deserve rights over whites just because their own people sold them as slaves to the world back when.

The new government in Sudan has abolished sharia and outlawed female genital cutting and appointed women governors in some regions. So much progress already. What Alaa wants to see is equal representation of women in government.

The majority of the Sudanese people want Sharia law as the legal system for their country.
I fully expect Sharia law to be reinstated when the current secular government changes hands either by election or armed rebellion.

I thought that feminism was women thinking that they are better than everybody else.

The leadership of today's so called 3rd Wave Feminism is mainly radical lesbians that hate men.
Feminists are all about power and control.
Their goal is to eliminate men from all government and top business positions.

Alaa Salah was a leader in the protests against Sudanese dictator Omar al Bashir. Now she is fighting for equal representation of women in the new government. She says she is not feminist because she is for equal rights for everyone. That is what feminism means to me equal rights and opportunity. What does it mean to you? Would you call her feminist or not?

She is a feminist. Feminism is about equal rights for everyone. In fact, the Second Wave of feminism here in the US was comprised of upper class white women. I heard an African American woman explain that they were unable to participate because they were on the front lines trying to protect African American men. However, there were a lot of Black women, Brown women and lower class women that did not feel that the words coming out of the Second Wave represented them. To be honest, it didn't.

Those same upper class white women then tried to export that feminism to other countries and it was met with a lot of resistance. Those white women looked down on women of color and in poverty. More colonization crap. It has always been about equality. It's just that the actions didn't match the words.

It's pretty simple. You can be a feminist and not be pitted against men because we have fathers, brothers and sons. The division comes from political parties and those that have agendas.

Forum List

Back