Is this belief common among "conservatives"?

Not saying anything about Ravi in particular, but with some on here it's more like a very short step than a jump.

Some conservatives are racists, Jeremy. Some liberals are as well, but it is less common. Spank GHook and let's all get on with our day, okay?

I wouldn't call Ghook's comment "racist" as much as "ill-informed".

Actually, looking into it deeper he may not be as far off as I thought. Seems the guy who started the Black Power BS also started Kwanzaa. And if Black power wasn't racist........

Some sort of Aryan nations rally. It happens every year, I'll see if I can find a link Dive Con.

And no, I don't participate in crap like that, why else do you think I have to research it?
i have no doubt they have such get togethers
but i mean an actual "holiday"

If their little soiree is the same time every year, yeah.......I'd call that a holiday, just not one that is recognized nationally like Columbus day.

But........I'd be willing to wager that they celebrate Hitler's birthday every year.......

But, here's a website that states the Nazi "holy days"......

Nazi Holidays:Days of Importance or Celebration in the Nazi and Traditional Calendar during the Holocaust or Shoah, by the Third Reich.

I didn't think Black Power was racist (it was the rallying cry of the Black Panthers). The only honest-to-God Black racists I have ever met were those creepy men from Nation of Islam. Haven't seen one IRL in like 35 years, but I gather Farrakhan is still around.

You do realize that Kwaanza is the Black equivalent of White Power/White Supermacist Day don't you?
:confused:

At any rate Ravi, Kwanzaa is little more than a made up Holiday because some American Blacks wanted something to call their own. Why? I don't understand and really could care less.

Do I get to celebrate Kwanzaa if I am white? :D Or do I only get to wish people Happy Kwanzaa? :confused:

Some conservatives are racists, Jeremy. Some liberals are as well, but it is less common. Spank GHook and let's all get on with our day, okay?

Actually, looking into it deeper he may not be as far off as I thought. Seems the guy who started the Black Power BS also started Kwanzaa. And if Black power wasn't racist........

The guy who started the Anglican Church was a morbidly obese, wife killer. :doubt:

That may have been how it was started, but not the way it is currently practiced.

Not saying anything about Ravi in particular, but with some on here it's more like a very short step than a jump.

Why do you think it is less common?

Good question. Seems to me that it's been the left playing the race card for many years. Obama and voting this year; use of it for any talk about 'immigration reform'; bash spending opposition by use of card...

You do realize that Kwaanza is the Black equivalent of White Power/White Supermacist Day don't you?
:confused:

I doubt most conversatives think that.
i dont agree with his statement, but knowing the history of Kwanzaa, i can see how he came to that conclusion
lets put it this way, if a white supremacist had tried to create a holiday, you can bet that liberals would call it that

Is this racist?

flava-flav.jpg

Racism comes in all forms, shapes, colors, and sizes. However we have seen a lot more than before coming from a certain group these last 2 years.

Racism comes in all forms, shapes, colors, and sizes. However we have seen a lot more than before coming from a certain group these last 2 years.

and i have also seen certain people get up and stand next to the minority and say they are united with them on their cause......as long as they dont move into the neighborhood... just sayin....

Just frustrated that so many on the left have this unwaivering notion that to be conservative you are, by default, racist.

And yes, it goes both ways with different issues.

No worries... moving on.
:lol: I am frustrated that asking a question means I'm playing the race card to many...it works both ways.

btw, when I put conservative in parenthesis there is a reason.

um, those were quotation marks.

sorry- i can't help myself

:lol::lol::lol:

Forum List

Back