Is There Any Honor In Honor Killing Your Own Family?

Stone -

Why are you dodging the issues raised earlier?

Again - if Honor Killings are Islamic, why are they virtually unknown in most Islamic countries?

Nothing honorable about it, at all.

Islime is the religion of honor killing.

Maria's Grotto, A Documentary About Honor Killings In Palestine A gripping portrait of women, whose lives were dictated by a moral code, Maria's Grotto explores honor killings in Palestine through the stories of four women: one is wrongly accused of dishonoring her family and then murdered; the second dies after being forced by her brothers to swallow poison; the third survives repeated stabbings inflicted by her brother; and the fourth is a Hip-hop singer who dares speak out about honor killings, and faces death threats.

LiveLeak.com - Maria's Grotto, A Documentary About Honor Killings In Palestine

Stone -

Would you mind not dodging the question?

Again - if Honor Killings are Islamic, why are they virtually unknown in most Islamic countries?

If you don't know - just say so.

Stone -

You look really cool and impressive when you flat-out refuse to answer questions.

Are there any eleven-year-olds around who you could borrow a set of balls from?

Nothing honorable about it, at all.

Islime is the religion of honor killing.

Maria's Grotto, A Documentary About Honor Killings In Palestine A gripping portrait of women, whose lives were dictated by a moral code, Maria's Grotto explores honor killings in Palestine through the stories of four women: one is wrongly accused of dishonoring her family and then murdered; the second dies after being forced by her brothers to swallow poison; the third survives repeated stabbings inflicted by her brother; and the fourth is a Hip-hop singer who dares speak out about honor killings, and faces death threats.

LiveLeak.com - Maria's Grotto, A Documentary About Honor Killings In Palestine

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iVRvQtGTv-s]Islamic 'Honor' Killings in Jordan - YouTube[/ame]

Stone -

Hey, I'm more than happy to leave the thread for you as a monologue if you prefer.

I had just thought that since you started a thread on honor killing, you might actually be interested in learning and understanding more about it.

Obviously not.

Lipush -

If it is an Islamic crime, why does it not happen in most Islamic countries?

It does. Where have you been?

Where have I been?

Well, I've been in the Middle East, so that makes one of us.

And no it doesn't happen everywhere. Honor killings are very much associated with Kurds and with Jordan, and to a lesser extent with Lebanon and Palestine. Even when cases are reported in other Islamic countries, the perpetrators often turn out to be from these countries originally.

Like FGM, it's something many Muslims from other Islamic countries are completely baffled by, and have no understanding of why it happens or where it comes from.

Stone -

Would you mind not dodging the question?

If you don't know - just say so.

Unknown in Islamic countries? honor killing is done in Iraq and Pakistan when a female "disgraces" her family, they are not "unknown" in Islamic countries.

Lipush -

Where have I been?

And no it doesn't happen everywhere. Honor killings are very much associated with Kurds and with Jordan, and to a lesser extent with Lebanon and Palestine. Even when cases are reported in other Islamic countries, the perpetrators often turn out to be from these countries originally.

Like FGM, it's something many Muslims from other Islamic countries are completely baffled by, and have no understanding of why it happens or where it comes from.

Its done in Iraq and Pakistan too, an Iraqi refugee ran over his down daughter with a car because she was beeing too "Westernized" and had an American boyfriend.

Unknown in Islamic countries? honor killing is done in Iraq and Pakistan when a female "disgraces" her family, they are not "unknown" in Islamic countries.

You missed the word "most". Honor Killings are unknown in most Islamic countries.

I would agree that Iraq is another country where they are reasonbly common, though, along with Jordan and Kurdistan. Keep in mind that Iraq has a massive Kurdish community and that might help explain why.

Keep in mind that on occassions they also happen in Christian countries, and are reasonably common amongst Hindi families in India as well.

Where have I been?

Its done in Iraq and Pakistan too, an Iraqi refugee ran over his down daughter with a car because she was beeing too "Westernized" and had an American boyfriend.

The burqa is an attractive look, no?

Lipush -

Where have I been?

You are assuming that nobody has been to the middle east, dip. Honor killing goes in in all if not most Middle Eastern countries. Jordan, Egypt, Saudi Arabia, Pakistan, Iran, Afganistan, Turkey. I can't think of a Muslim country that they don't occur. Besides a visit doesn't really count. Maybe you should talk to minorities from the middle east, there are plenty of them here in the US. They will tell some very eye opening stories. You are extremely ignorant.

You missed the word "most". Honor Killings are unknown in most Islamic countries.

I would agree that Iraq is another country where they are reasonbly common, though, along with Jordan and Kurdistan. Keep in mind that Iraq has a massive Kurdish community and that might help explain why.

Keep in mind that on occassions they also happen in Christian countries, and are reasonably common amongst Hindi families in India as well.

I am not saying honor killings are being done every 5 minutes in Islamic countries but to say they are "unknown" over there is stretching the truth. In backwards countries like Afghanistan when a woman is raped to avoid being killed by her own family she marries the rape victim, a couple stories have been reported on incidents like that over there.

Where have I been?

The burqa is an attractive look, no?

I prefer less clothes not more.

I am not saying honor killings are being done every 5 minutes in Islamic countries but to say they are "unknown" over there is stretching the truth. In backwards countries like Afghanistan when a woman is raped to avoid being killed by her own family she marries the rape victim, a couple stories have been reported on incidents like that over there.

I can only repeat my original point - honor killings are all but unknown in large swathes of the Islamic world. I honestly don't think that is an exaggeration.

It's something very much associated with Kurds, and to a lesser extent countries like Lebanon, Jordan and Palestine. Away from those areas...you could go a year or two and never hear of one.

I haven't been to Afghanistan, so don't really know what the situation is like, but I can imagine stories like the one you mention could well be right.

It is custom in egypt for a raped female to be honor killed by her family.

It is custom in egypt for a raped female to be honor killed by her family.

Hell in Saudi Arabia the woman is blamed for the rape for putting herself in that situation to begin with.:doubt:

Forum List

Back