Is there a way to deactivate .....

SwimExpert

Gold Member
Nov 26, 2013
Avatars? As in, an option that will allow a user to opt out of having avatars displayed at all.

If there is no way, can there be a way?

This would be greatly appreciated by many on the board and would substantially enhance the USMB experience for all current and future users.

Thank you in advance.

Seems like there is a function which opts out of viewing the avies of others.

You would think hat someone seeking to turn off the avatar feature of the board, WOULD NOT BE USING AN AVATAR THEMSELVES...

You would think hat someone seeking to turn off the avatar feature of the board, WOULD NOT BE USING AN AVATAR THEMSELVES...

Note: You have exceeded your daily limit of common sense. Please refrain from making reasonable and thoughtful comments for 24 hours. Thank you. :)

• Banned

What does that have to do with anything? I am not suggesting any kind of prohibition against avatars, or for people to be limited in their use. I am just interested in a setting that will prevent them being displayed for an end user who may wish to avoid them. There are plenty of reasons why a person might want to do so, with the most obvious being the fact that many people choose to use avatars that push the line on sexually provocative material, which may be inappropriate in certain settings, such as when accessing the internet in public libraries, or if browsing the board from a work machine during one's lunch break. Or when in the company of young children who might easily look over one's shoulder.

I know you can mask them individually -- any image you like in fact, including content or siglines -- by right-clicking with AdBlock Plus enabled and then selecting "Block Image". It disappears forever (or until you allow it back in).

What does that have to do with anything? I am not suggesting any kind of prohibition against avatars, or for people to be limited in their use. I am just interested in a setting that will prevent them being displayed for an end user who may wish to avoid them. There are plenty of reasons why a person might want to do so, with the most obvious being the fact that many people choose to use avatars that push the line on sexually provocative material, which may be inappropriate in certain settings, such as when accessing the internet in public libraries, or if browsing the board from a work machine during one's lunch break. Or when in the company of young children who might easily look over one's shoulder.
What about the Avalanche of tit and asses ads that we are bombarded with?

Forum List

Back