Is There A Superior Race?

Charter Member
May 8, 2004
Podunk, WI
Race differences in IQ...

IQ.jpg

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Race_and_intelligence

I think there are superior cultures, which are often very closely correlated--but not caused by--race. ie, people with asian ancestry tend to have absorbed the asian ethic and culture, blacks tend to be influenced by the "urban" culture, etc. I wonder if anyone's ever done a study of kids raised in a different than usual culture.

BaronVonBigmeat said:
I think there are superior cultures, which are often very closely correlated--but not caused by--race. ie, people with asian ancestry tend to have absorbed the asian ethic and culture, blacks tend to be influenced by the "urban" culture, etc. I wonder if anyone's ever done a study of kids raised in a different than usual culture.
That would be interesting.

First off, the factual information and neutrality is being debated there.

Second, the notion is crazy and it only promotes psychotic beliefs like that of Hitler and the southern gentry in the 19th century.

Finally, cultures: yeah, we have superior cultures. The ones with the money, best education, and all that jazz are the superior ones.

I also think it's culture that defines IQ more than race. Skin pigment has nothing to do with your neurons, but someone growing up in the Middle East or in one of America's inner city "ghettos" is at a severe disadvantage due to the prevailing cultures.

What do you mean is there a superior race? One superior to human? Possible, but we have yet to meet them on any real basis other than conspiracy websites....

As for humans there is only one 'Race', the human race....

no1tovote4 said:
What do you mean is there a superior race? One superior to human? Possible, but we have yet to meet them on any real basis other than conspiracy websites....

As for humans there is only one 'Race', the human race....
Okay, now somebody needs to rep YOU for ME! :)

It seems logical that one "people group" could have a higher incidence of a certain talent. Ethnic qualities are the result of limited breeding groups. Therefore, if a higher percentage of a population had a quality such as mathematical ability or athletic skill, it could be linked to genetics. However, there really aren't many, if any, "pure" people groups left in this increasingly global culture. Also, the idea of "intelligence" is somewhat nebulous. In basic Psych, we studied several different types of intelligence, including, but not limited to: verbal, mathematical, interpersonal, intrapersonal, kinesthetic, etc.

Kagom said:
First off, the factual information and neutrality is being debated there.

Well kag, the debate is on the "why" of the matter, not the findings.

Notes
↑ Researchers contributing to this area of inquiry mostly include psychologists, psychometricians, geneticists, sociologists, and anthropologists.
↑ Reynolds et al. 1987; Roth et al. 2001; Rushton 2000; Shuey 1958; Herrnstein and Murray 1994; Lynn 1991a. For samples of individual studies showing similar results, see the National Collaborative Perinatal Project, reported by Broman et al. 1987; the Minnesota Transracial Adoption Study reported by Weinberg et al. 1992; also Lynn 1977a, Lynn 1977b, Lynn 1982, Lynn 1987, Lynn 1991a; Lynn et al. 1991; Lynn and Hampson 1986a Lynn and Hampson 1986b; Lynn et al. 1987a, Lynn et al. 1987b; Lynn et al. 1988; Lynn and Holmshaw 1990; Lynn and Shigehasa 1991; Montie and Fagan 1988; Rushton 1997; Rushton and Jensen 2003; Rushton et al. 2003; Notcutt 1950; Jensen 1993; Jensen and Reynolds 1982; Peoples et al. 1995. For scientific consensus statements see Gottfredson 1997a and Neisser et al. 1996.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Race_and_intelligence#_note-IQdistribution

kag said:
Second, the notion is crazy and it only promotes psychotic beliefs like that of Hitler and the southern gentry in the 19th century.

So the notion that one race may be inherently more intelligent than another is psychotic, but being a faggot is normal? Your rational is less than sincere. You're ranting.

kag said:
Finally, cultures: yeah, we have superior cultures. The ones with the money, best education, and all that jazz are the superior ones.

I'm not here to make any assertions as to "why", but I do think there is a distinct and measurable difference in intelligence between races.

Pale Rider said:
Well kag, the debate is on the "why" of the matter, not the findings.

So the notion that one race may be inherently more intelligent than another is psychotic, but being a faggot is normal? Your rational is less than sincere. You're ranting.

I'm not here to make any assertions as to "why", but I do think there is a distinct and measurable difference in intelligence between races.
It's actually over the entry itself. I've seen plenty of Wikipedia articles to know this sort of thing.

So you just have to find a way to bring up my being gay in a topic that has absolutely NOTHING to do with it. No, there is nothing wrong with believing that there is no more intelligent race. Culture and education plays a heavy role in how we think, react, etc. and definitely our intellect. It seems to me your rationale is itself being skewered by a bunch of bull. I'm not ranting, I'm simply stating my beliefs here.

Of course there's going to seem like there's a difference because of culture. I'm not the only one saying this, Pale. mom4 and not1tovote4 have even said that.

Most people think that the F1 circuit at Silverstone (England) is superior but I am partial to the Italian Grand Prix at Monza (since I've been to several of the races there).

So, in my humble opinion, the Italian Grand Prix is the superior race.

Ohhhhh......

Everybody starts with a clean slate. As people grow, there is a tendency for them to take to certain things quicker than others would. There are people of every race who has advanced beyond the "normal" growth in intelligence. You see 5 year old kids in different countries playing sophisticated classical music bt can't read above a "normal" level.

Why? Heredity? Upbringing? Income level? Opportunity?

All of the above and none of the above.

Why do parents who are 5'6" each have a 6'4" child? And vice versa? Someone in their family before was tall perhaps?

Hitler thought he had the right idea. Obviously wrong.

If someone could figure out the answer, don't you think there would be thousands of little intellectual, artistically advanced people running around?

Kag said:
It's actually over the entry itself. I've seen plenty of Wikipedia articles to know this sort of thing.

As I said, the debate is over the "why"... OK? The entry was based on actual findings from testing. No one is debating that. Experts and scientists are debating as to "why" this difference occurs.

Kag said:
So you just have to find a way to bring up my being gay in a topic that has absolutely NOTHING to do with it.

Sorry. I thought you were proud to be homosexual. Maybe I'm wrong.

Kag said:
No, there is nothing wrong with believing that there is no more intelligent race. Culture and education plays a heavy role in how we think, react, etc. and definitely our intellect. It seems to me your rationale is itself being skewered by a bunch of bull. I'm not ranting, I'm simply stating my beliefs here.

I'm not quite sure how culture can make a person "more intelligent". You only have what you're born with, and that's it. Don't mistake education with intelligence.

Kag said:
Of course there's going to seem like there's a difference because of culture. I'm not the only one saying this, Pale. mom4 and not1tovote4 have even said that.

Everone's free to say what they please. That's what we're here for.

GotZoom said:
Most people think that the F1 circuit at Silverstone (England) is superior but I am partial to the Italian Grand Prix at Monza (since I've been to several of the races there).

So, in my humble opinion, the Italian Grand Prix is the superior race.

Ohhhhh......

Everybody starts with a clean slate. As people grow, there is a tendency for them to take to certain things quicker than others would. There are people of every race who has advanced beyond the "normal" growth in intelligence. You see 5 year old kids in different countries playing sophisticated classical music bt can't read above a "normal" level.

Why? Heredity? Upbringing? Income level? Opportunity?

All of the above and none of the above.

Why do parents who are 5'6" each have a 6'4" child? And vice versa? Someone in their family before was tall perhaps?

Hitler thought he had the right idea. Obviously wrong.

If someone could figure out the answer, don't you think there would be thousands of little intellectual, artistically advanced people running around?

You get it. That's pretty much what I've been saying.

Pale Rider said:
As I said, the debate is over the "why"... OK? The entry was based on actual findings from testing. No one is debating that. Experts and scientists are debating as to "why" this difference occurs.

Sorry. I thought you were proud to be homosexual. Maybe I'm wrong.

I'm not quite sure how culture can make a person "more intelligent". You only have what you're born with, and that's it. Don't mistake education with intelligence.

Everone's free to say what they please. That's what we're here for.
No, they're debating the factual accuracy of the article itself. That has NOTHING to do with the why.

I'm proud to be gay, Pale, but when the subject has nothing to do with my being gay, you shouldn't bring it up because otherwise it seems like you're just trying to dodge what I have to say.

I'm not entirely sure either, but it DOES seem to be that way. People from Africa dont' do quite as well as people from America on an IQ test, etc. The cultures are drastically different and probably do have an influence somewhere.

Kagom said:
No, they're debating the factual accuracy of the article itself. That has NOTHING to do with the why.

Wrong. They're debating as to what may or may not effect the outcome of the testing, NOT the results.

Kagom said:
I'm proud to be gay, Pale, but when the subject has nothing to do with my being gay, you shouldn't bring it up because otherwise it seems like you're just trying to dodge what I have to say.

You ain't bad enough for me to dodge anything you've got son. Don't flatter yourself. I brought it up because it seemed like the old kettle calling the pot black thing.

Kagom said:
I'm not entirely sure either, but it DOES seem to be that way. People from Africa dont' do quite as well as people from America on an IQ test, etc. The cultures are drastically different and probably do have an influence somewhere.

No one is sure, that's the point. But, we are sure that certain "races" ALWAYS score higher on IQ tests than others.

Pale Rider said:
Wrong. They're debating as to what may or may not effect the outcome of the testing, NOT the results.

You ain't bad enough for me to dodge anything you've got son. Don't flatter yourself. I brought it up because it seemed like the old kettle calling the pot black thing.

No one is sure, that's the point. But, we are sure that certain "races" ALWAYS score higher on IQ tests than others.
Stick to your beliefs, then. I'm telling you they are debating the factual accuracy of the article itself. If you want to be hard-headed and think you have to have it your way and that your belief is superior and that you're right, then go on. I don't particularly care to debate something so minute and pointless.

My mistake, you weren't dodging. But you do have no reason to bring up a subject matter that is completely off-topic to the relevant subject at hand.

I believe that the information is probably messed up somewhere, not because I want it to, but because information like this can be toyed with easily and the samples from the population were probably hand picked so the results would come out the way they did. I just believe simply there's a motive behind it.

Forum List

Back