Is the republican ideology driven by a lack of empathy?

We Conservatives believe in something called Personal Responsibility. It means.... you take care of yourself and I'll take care of me. That may seem harsh and cruel to many people but in reality it takes you folks off the hook for having to deal with helping everyone else. You can help others if you choose but I dont have to. That's just common sense and good investing so far as I'm concerned.

Have you noticed republicans only support political issues that affect them directly? It's easy to harp on issues like income tax and job growth because it's something affects their own lives. Now the leftwing (democrats) cares for these issues too, but the ideology of the left encompasses a broader range of issues like women's issues, gay rights, racial dynamics, poverty, and the middle class.

Many republicans are racist, homophobic and do not care about women's issues or those of the poor. It's all about looking out for number 1.

The truth is, progressivism in this country is inevitable. It's only a matter of time before republicanism becomes a thing of the past.
Good grief. Democrats use people for their own gain making up divided issues, putting people in categories.

Oh the poor, oh the children, oh the women, oh the blacks, please.

and don't forget how they USE the DEAD before they are even cold for their nasty agenda, like stepping on our Second Amendment rights. some of these Democrat cult member and all the elected asses in that party look down their nose at everyone who isn't bowing to their politics.

So if Republicans want to limit abortion on demand they are meddling with women's rights but they only think about themselves? If they want everyone to get a tax break they only think for themselves? Yes we know liberals are very generous with other people's money, but that isn't compassion because it takes from people who earned it.

Do you even think any of this through?
Abortion is the only example you can think of and this issue still violates the right of the woman carrying the child.

We Conservatives believe in something called Personal Responsibility. It means.... you take care of yourself and I'll take care of me. That may seem harsh and cruel to many people but in reality it takes you folks off the hook for having to deal with helping everyone else. You can help others if you choose but I dont have to. That's just common sense and good investing so far as I'm concerned.
Sometimes legislation keeps certain people from helping themselves. That's the point. I'm all for raising the minimum wage so that anyone on food stamps can get a job that makes them self sufficient. Right now, wages are too low for that.

Have you noticed republicans only support political issues that affect them directly? It's easy to harp on issues like income tax and job growth because it's something affects their own lives. Now the leftwing (democrats) cares for these issues too, but the ideology of the left encompasses a broader range of issues like women's issues, gay rights, racial dynamics, poverty, and the middle class.

Many republicans are racist, homophobic and do not care about women's issues or those of the poor. It's all about looking out for number 1.

The truth is, progressivism in this country is inevitable. It's only a matter of time before republicanism becomes a thing of the past.

That's right! Job growth and income tax only affects Republicans!

Billy dumbass is one bright idiot.

Yes and if it didn't help republicans, they wouldn't give a shit.

Sometimes legislation keeps certain people from helping themselves. That's the point. I'm all for raising the minimum wage so that anyone on food stamps can get a job that makes them self sufficient. Right now, wages are too low for that.

I'm all for getting rid of food stamps and the minimum wage so anyone without a job starves.

Do you even listen to yourself? What political party doesn't try to help themselves and those that elected them?

Social issues do not even belong in politics but that's what you idiot democrats focus on. Trillions have been spent on the war on poverty and yet, we have more people dependent on welfare than ever before. So how is throwing money at the poor working?

Looking out for number one, how many democrats can you name that doesn't look out for themselves?

It would be a slight against retards if I called you retarded, so I'll refrain myself.

So if Republicans want to limit abortion on demand they are meddling with women's rights but they only think about themselves? If they want everyone to get a tax break they only think for themselves? Yes we know liberals are very generous with other people's money, but that isn't compassion because it takes from people who earned it.

Do you even think any of this through?
Why do you want to limit "abortion on demand?" Many right wingers on here are calling for 20 week banks, hey, many birth defects aren't found until that far into the pregnancy, do we make exceptions? Oh please, republicans want lower taxes for the rich, they screamed like incoherent children when it was to be raised by 2%.

I'm all for getting rid of food stamps and the minimum wage so anyone without a job starves.
Oh yeah great idea. Let's make millions of people work for $4 an hour.

Do you even listen to yourself? What political party doesn't try to help themselves and those that elected them?

Social issues do not even belong in politics but that's what you idiot democrats focus on. Trillions have been spent on the war on poverty and yet, we have more people dependent on welfare than ever before. So how is throwing money at the poor working?

Looking out for number one, how many democrats can you name that doesn't look out for themselves?

It would be a slight against retards if I called you retarded, so I'll refrain myself.
No one ever claimed food stamps or public housing would fix poverty. They are an emergency safety net for the most vulnerable. The ONLY way to fix poverty is to either raise the minimum wage or expand the income tax credit for the poor. The private sector has ONLY given income gains to the top 1% of earners for decades. Doesn't that bother you?

Not only lack of empathy but a general hatred of working together as a civilization. They don't like roads, don't value science institutions and don't think they should have to pay to educate all of our children. Well, it does go hand and hand with what you said about empathy...Kind of destructive to our country.

This is something that comes kind of shocking to me.

Mathew,

Do you consider Universal Healthcare as higher level of Civilization? Personally I do. I have seen it in a lot of places close up. While I would baulk at the complete version (i.e. UK), I like the french version which allows for a small private insurance as well. I believe Italians have Healthcare do the best, hugh preventive all the way down to the food they eat. Sit in Rome and only Obese are American Tourists.

Education is key, the RW are so concerned about not paying for it, They don't see that they gain from an educated society.

No one ever claimed food stamps or public housing would fix poverty. They are an emergency safety net for the most vulnerable. The ONLY way to fix poverty is to either raise the minimum wage or expand the income tax credit for the poor. The private sector has ONLY given income gains to the top 1% of earners for decades. Doesn't that bother you?

That was the claim by the democrats when they instituted such programs. They declared "war on poverty".

Raising the wages would simply increase prices on products which would hurt the poor the most.

No it doesn't bother me because you do not know of which you speak. Stop believing leftist talking points and think for yourself.

The poor by and large do not pay any federal income tax.

Knowledge is power. Read a book or two.

That was the claim by the democrats when they instituted such programs. They declared "war on poverty".

Raising the wages would simply increase prices on products which would hurt the poor the most.

No it doesn't bother me because you do not know of which you speak. Stop believing leftist talking points and think for yourself.

It's interesting you tell me to "read a book or two" when I give you FACTS about income gains only going to the top 1% of earners. Enough of this "liberal talking points bullshit". It's true whether you want to accept it or not. You people entertain this fantasy that the private sector will boost wages on its own and that will never happen. Wages have remained flat in the middle and poor class for decades while the middle class continues to shrink. Again I am talking FACTS. I know you people struggle with associating facts with your Redneck bullshit ideology, but at some point you will have to accept them.

The negative impact on the market would depend on how high you raised the min wage and over what timeline. History has shown us that the previous raises did not hurt the market. 600 economists signed a letter to congress in support of raising to minimum wage to 10.10 per hour. Any price increase would be offset by a huge boost to consumer spending by bigger paychecks. That will help keep prices low AND create jobs.

It's interesting you tell me to "read a book or two" when I give you FACTS about income gains only going to the top 1% of earners. Enough of this "liberal talking points bullshit". It's true whether you want to accept it or not. You people entertain this fantasy that the private sector will boost wages on its own and that will never happen. Wages have remained flat in the middle and poor class for decades while the middle class continues to shrink. Again I am talking FACTS. I know you people struggle with associating facts with your Redneck bullshit ideology, but at some point you will have to accept them.

The negative impact on the market would depend on how high you raised the min wage and over what timeline. History has shown us that the previous raises did not hurt the market. 600 economists signed a letter to congress in support of raising to minimum wage to 10.10 per hour. Any price increase would be offset by a huge boost to consumer spending by bigger paychecks. That will help keep prices low AND create jobs.

Facts? You call spouting nonsense facts? I have income gains every year and I'm not a one percenter. So that in itself shows that your FACT is BULLSHIT.

The government does not create wealth. The government would not get a penny if not for private sector. You got things all fucked up dude. Tell me what product does the government produce?

Link to those 600 economist.

Minimum wage hikes hurt more than help, study says

It is OK that you don't want a safety net, that is what you want. It will turn USA into third world country of have and have nots... Add in the easy access to arms and now you get a real powder keg of poor and hungry and armed. Guess what happens...

I have lived in these types of countries (e.g. South Africa) so I don't need to read the fucking book, I lived it.

Raising Minimum wages is a no brainer... Why should tax payers subsidize Wal Mart's wage bill?

"It's interesting you tell me to "read a book or two" when I give you FACTS about income gains only going to the top 1% of earners. Enough of this "liberal talking points bullshit". It's true whether you want to accept it or not. You people entertain this fantasy that the private sector will boost wages on its own and that will never happen. Wages have remained flat in the middle and poor class for decades while the middle class continues to shrink. Again I am talking FACTS. I know you people struggle with associating facts with your Redneck bullshit ideology, but at some point you will have to accept them.

Facts? You call spouting nonsense facts? I have income gains every year and I'm not a one percenter. So that in itself shows that your FACT is BULLSHIT.

The government does not create wealth. The government would not get a penny if not for private sector. You got things all fucked up dude. Tell me what product does the government produce?

Link to those 600 economist.

Minimum wage hikes hurt more than help, study says
Over 600 Economists Sign Letter In Support of $10.10 Minimum Wage: Economist Statement on the Federal Minimum Wage

7 of these guys are Nobel Prize winners

"July will mark five years since the federal minimum wage was last raised. We urge you to act now and enact a three-step raise of 95 cents a year for three years—which would mean a minimum wage of $10.10 by 2016—and then index it to protect against inflation. Senator Tom Harkin and Representative George Miller have introduced legislation to accomplish this. The increase to $10.10 would mean that minimum-wage workers who work full time, full year would see a raise from their current salary of roughly $15,000 to roughly $21,000. These proposals also usefully raise the tipped minimum wage to 70% of the regular minimum.

This policy would directly provide higher wages for close to 17 million workers by 2016. Furthermore, another 11 million workers whose wages are just above the new minimum would likely see a wage increase through “spillover” effects, as employers adjust their internal wage ladders. The vast majority of employees who would benefit are adults in working families, disproportionately women, who work at least 20 hours a week and depend on these earnings to make ends meet. At a time when persistent high unemployment is putting enormous downward pressure on wages, such a minimum-wage increase would provide a much-needed boost to the earnings of low-wage workers.

In recent years there have been important developments in the academic literature on the effect of increases in the minimum wage on employment, with the weight of evidence now showing that increases in the minimum wage have had little or no negative effect on the employment of minimum-wage workers, even during times of weakness in the labor market. Research suggests that a minimum-wage increase could have a small stimulative effect on the economy as low-wage workers spend their additional earnings, raising demand and job growth, and providing some help on the jobs front."

The government creates capital indirectly by boosting consumer spending

That's funny, I'm no one-per center and consistently have done better almost year in and year out. So, no, it doesn't bother me at all.

Oh yeah great idea. Let's make millions of people work for $4 an hour.

It would definitely send the rats scurrying back to their home countries and make those unwilling or incapable of supporting themselves face the consequences of their mistakes.

It is OK that you don't want a safety net, that is what you want. It will turn USA into third world country of have and have nots... Add in the easy access to arms and now you get a real powder keg of poor and hungry and armed. Guess what happens...

I have lived in these types of countries (e.g. South Africa) so I don't need to read the fucking book, I lived it.

Raising Minimum wages is a no brainer... Why should tax payers subsidize Wal Mart's wage bill?

Of good grief... it always comes down to Wal Mart... you must work there.

:lol::lol::lol:

Forum List

Back