Is the movie '300' an allegory of modern day America?

MarathonMike

Diamond Member
Dec 30, 2014
The Southwestern Desert
If we examine where America is in terms of politics today, there is a correlation to the movie 300. You have the Liberal machine that is represented by the Persian Army. Seemingly invincible through sheer numbers alone. And yet you have a small, but determined Army of Spartans that refuses to submit, represented by true Conservatives. The Spartans fail, BUT that inspires a much larger army that ultimately rises and vanquishes the Persians. Is that where we are today?

Are Persians trying to invade America?

shahs-of-sunset-cast-600-500-01-17-12.jpg

If we examine where America is in terms of politics today, there is a correlation to the movie 300. You have the Liberal machine that is represented by the Persian Army. Seemingly invincible through sheer numbers alone. And yet you have a small, but determined Army of Spartans that refuses to submit, represented by true Conservatives. The Spartans fail, BUT that inspires a much larger army that ultimately rises and vanquishes the Persians. Is that where we are today?
I’ll need to watch 300 again. I wasn’t aware they cried about being cancelled and were led to do stupid things by a fat guy who said stupid things.

No. Your leaders have wanted you feel like you are under attack since the civil rights era. It's pretty despicable to tell Americans to be afraid and to see each other as enemies but the conservative movement would not exist otherwise.

I’ll need to watch 300 again. I wasn’t aware they cried about being cancelled and were led to do stupid things by a fat guy who said stupid things.
So you are happy with who is sitting in there now at the WH? And you are also happy with blm/antifa destroying all they can find so they can snag a TV?

The only thing that can bring down America is the internal strife that bigotry, racism and white supremacy brings that the right seems determined not to let go.

So you are happy with who is sitting in there now at the WH? And you are also happy with blm/antifa destroying all they can find so they can snag a TV?
Yes happy. Your second point is a lie. Almost all the extremest deaths over the last 3 years are by right wing killers.

Yes happy. Your second point is a lie. Almost all the extremest deaths over the last 3 years are by right wing killers.
A lie? Ok. You are a dolt. No Time For Dolts.
On iggie you go.

A lie? Ok. You are a dolt. No Time For Dolts.
On iggie you go.
Enjoy your safe space. It’s an ever shrinking world for those of you who can’t socialize outside the bubble.

Forum List

Back