Is The Key To France Youth?

Looks like Corsicans have decided to take matters into their own hands.
Or, maybe they are just bored with their failed 'liberation' efforts? Either way, it seems an anti-Isis militia offshoot has formed.

Corsica stands up to ISIS: Mediterranean islanders forms militia army to defeat terrorists
AN ANTI-ISIS militia group has formed on the French island of Corsica to defend it against terror attacks.
By TOM BATCHELOR
PUBLISHED: 03:00, Sat, Jul 30, 2016 | UPDATED: 10:55, Sat, Jul 30, 2016

corsica-694774.jpg
GETTY

Members of the militant outfit said they would give “a determined response without any qualms”
An offshoot of the established National Liberation Front of Corsica (FLNC) has formed to protect the territory, and promising to "defeat" the terror group.

Calling itself the October 22 group, members of the militant outfit said they would give "a determined response without any qualms".

They added that the French government in Paris would have blood on its hands if an attack did strike on Corsican soil.

Corsica stands up to ISIS: Mediterranean islanders forms militia army to defeat terrorists

From the same article:

...The Mediterranean island, which is a popular holiday destination for British tourists, has avoided an attack by Islamists despite the carnage wrought on France.

However the FLNC say the island has been targeted by ISIS sympathisers in the past.

They claim to have foiled a planned attack despite French police having no record of that.

In a statement sent to the island's newspaper Corse Matin, the group said: "If Islamic State takes actions on our soil, we will manage to defeat them only together.

"If a tragedy were to happen it [the French government] would bear substantial share of responsibility because it knows who the radicals Islamists are in Corsica."...

Interesting.

They said it was "clearly" the policy of ISIS to install Islamist policies on the island.

In April, a Muslim prayer hall in Corsica was burnt to the ground in what police said was likely to be an arson attack.

Corsica was also rocked by anti-Arab riots late last year when demonstrators set fire to books, including copies of the Koran.

However FLNC's October 22 militia have said they do not want Corsica to become a haven for racist or xenophobic members of the public and simply want to tackle the threat they say ISIS now poses....

Well Tilly, here we disagree (with your sworn statement). I recognize that if jihadists get hold of a nuclear weapon (oh...when England and France become Islamic, they will have nuclear weapons), the jihadists will not hesitate to seek a way to smuggle in a nuclear weapon to the US and detonate it. So, I have no reservations about using nukes on an enemy. Islamists do not consider any infidel, regardless of age or gender to be an innocent, so when one says that it is "haram" (un-Islamic) to harm innocents, they are not referring to non-Muslims. Anyone considered to be "not" a true Muslim in the eyes of jihadists is a non-Muslim and therefore, a target, whether the target is 60 or 6 years of age.

I agree with most of this.
But I was never convinced the French were cowardly when it came to war.
Maybe you know more about it than I do but I don't know of the evidence for that.
There is no evidence for that. The French are not cowardly, neither are they suicidal.

Like the Italians the French are lovers not fighters -- until pushed to the wall. Evidence of this is seen in the effectiveness of the French Resistance during WW-II and its opposition to the Vichy influence.

What we are seeing in this movement of French youth to obtain military training is evidence of what I'm saying. They are going to fight these Muslims -- but not stupidly. And American youth should take a lesson from them.

I have always protested suspension of the draft and what we are seeing today is one very good reason for that. While some Americans are calling the French "pussies" the fact is today's American men, compared with American men of my father's generation and generations prior to the past twenty or thirty years, are shameless pussies -- and it has me very worried.

When the draft was active the effect of military training had a very positive influence on the general character and quality of young American men. More important, it created a massive pool of trained soldiers who could be activated in a matter of days if necessary. Today, a significant percentage of young American men know nothing about guns, are afraid of them, and the thought of engaging in lethally violent confrontations is apart from their essential nature.

It is more important today than at any time in our recent past that the draft be reinstated and we start training our young citizens in the use of lethal weapons and the importance of organized discipline. Because it is more than likely they soon will be confronted by those very realities.

We are drone killing ISIS. What is Britain doing? Oh, right, nothing. Useless twits.
It's going to take a lot more than random drone strikes to deal effectively with the ISIS threat. We need to focus on and prepare for the internal attacks which are soon to come.

Forum List

Back