Is the GOP losing Walmart?

Society decides what is or isn't a right. That power was never delegated to the rightwing fringe.
Actually, the Constitution does. Then state and local laws by representation, not democracy. You are bass ackwards as usual though, it's the left that takes it upon themselves to act like they have dictatorial rights.

Where did the Constitution come from? The Sky?

Its a business decision for Walmart. It is a survival decision for the GOP.

"You can't fix Stupid.."

Corporations constantly split campaign dollars. Some tilt left. Some tilt right.

No one has lost Walmart donations. This was a CYA move by the corporation as to address the "perception" that RFRA was a discriminatory bill which it isn't.

This is just another round of left wing lies drumming up hysteria much like Michael Brown. Oh and campaign donations for the Democrats to save America from the evil GOP.

:lol:

this is typical BS. Think about it, which way does Walmart have to go? They could just STFU and say nothing. But what good does that do them? They could come out in support for a law that is just like many other laws, but what good does that do them? Or they could do what they did and tilt against a windmill. Who are they going to alienate by denouncing this bill? Almost no one. Any one who disagrees will be instantly labeled and smeared by the left and is it really worth the effort? What I don't understand is that the sodomites have won why do they need so many damn victory laps? I am thinking they need the undying support of those who do not share their proclivities in order for them to feel good about themselves. Sad really.

Think about the hypocrisy of the left wing. First they say we MUST make gay marriage on the same level as traditional marriage, it is a RIGHT. But there is nothing that defines GAY marriage as a right. Traditional marriage yes, gay marriage, not so much. Then they will talk about things like personal freedom. Free to be gay and free to, what they call, the right of marriage. Yet they have NO room in their ideology for those who believe differently. They don't give a damn about their freedom. To them either believe that sodomy, gay style, is normal or the person believing otherwise is not normal. It is their way or the highway for the liberal left.

I just wish the politicians that passed this law had the guts to just say to those who are crying STFU. I really have to wonder how such a small segment of society wields so much power. I understand the left wings support, the left wing loves telling people how to live and why what they believe is wrong and then accusing everyone else of doing the same because some baker won't bake a cake. Hypocrites.

Society decides what is or isn't a right. That power was never delegated to the rightwing fringe.

And how is that right decided? Through the legislature? Or through the courts? In my state gay marriage is now not illegal because the law defining marriage was shot down by the courts. Sure doesn't sound like Rights are defined by the people.

Are you retarded?

Maybe.

But that does change the BS you posted. How is the Bill of Rights amended in this country? By a vote of the States, was that ever done for the so called right of gay marriage? No it was not. That is why folks like yourself state that gay marriage is already a right, you have to say that in order to force your views on everyone else, retarded or not.

this is typical BS. Think about it, which way does Walmart have to go? They could just STFU and say nothing. But what good does that do them? They could come out in support for a law that is just like many other laws, but what good does that do them? Or they could do what they did and tilt against a windmill. Who are they going to alienate by denouncing this bill? Almost no one. Any one who disagrees will be instantly labeled and smeared by the left and is it really worth the effort? What I don't understand is that the sodomites have won why do they need so many damn victory laps? I am thinking they need the undying support of those who do not share their proclivities in order for them to feel good about themselves. Sad really.

Think about the hypocrisy of the left wing. First they say we MUST make gay marriage on the same level as traditional marriage, it is a RIGHT. But there is nothing that defines GAY marriage as a right. Traditional marriage yes, gay marriage, not so much. Then they will talk about things like personal freedom. Free to be gay and free to, what they call, the right of marriage. Yet they have NO room in their ideology for those who believe differently. They don't give a damn about their freedom. To them either believe that sodomy, gay style, is normal or the person believing otherwise is not normal. It is their way or the highway for the liberal left.

I just wish the politicians that passed this law had the guts to just say to those who are crying STFU. I really have to wonder how such a small segment of society wields so much power. I understand the left wings support, the left wing loves telling people how to live and why what they believe is wrong and then accusing everyone else of doing the same because some baker won't bake a cake. Hypocrites.

of course that's how the biblical cities of Sodom and Gomorrah crashed and burned
Sodom and Gomorrah - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia

Or like how Rome burned when the subjects became the Servants to the government.

Don't ignore history, otherwise history will repeat itself.

Actually, the Constitution does. Then state and local laws by representation, not democracy. You are bass ackwards as usual though, it's the left that takes it upon themselves to act like they have dictatorial rights.
Where did the Constitution come from? The Sky?
It came from representatives hashing it out. It wasn't put up for popular vote.

I just wish the politicians that passed this law had the guts to just say to those who are crying STFU. I really have to wonder how such a small segment of society wields so much power. I

And I have to really wonder about people like you who continue to support a political party where the leadership can make decisions in an echo chamber, then they can't distance themselves from that decision fast enough.

How many times have you been told the ACA would be gone? That the DOMA would be law.

BTW, when you add in the family of gays, the non gay friends of gays and the Americans who don't believe in discriminating against gays, that is not a very small group of society.

Matter of fact, I would say that it is those that believe like you that are the small group. That's why your politicians keep backing down. There aren't enough of your kind to make the fight for the bull shit laws they pass..

You seen that photo of who was at the signing of the law with Pence? All those gay bashers he had surrounding him, whispering in his ear how he was doing Gods work.

Man , those good feeling didn't last long did they?

The law will stand. All the legislators are going to do now is to tweak the bill so that the gullible/stupid/didn't read the bill/ignorant masses would understand that this State version of RFRA does not permit discrimination.

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/religious-freedom-difference-indianas-law/story?id=30019729

1. INDIANA’S LAW APPLIES TO COMPANIES; OTHERS DON’T

“This bill is substantively different,” said Adam Talbot, spokesman for Human Rights Campaign (HRC), the D.C.-based gay rights group. “It is the broadest and most dangerous legislation of its kind.”

The main difference, gay-rights advocates say, is this: Indiana’s law expressly applies to corporations.

Into the weeds we go: The federal law signed by President Bill Clinton, and the similar Religious Freedom Restoration Acts (RFRAs) in 19 other states, do not say they apply to corporations, according to gay-rights advocates. Instead, they apply to people.

The laws say the government has to prove a higher standard of government interest in applying laws that may infringe on a person’s free exercise of their religion. In Indiana, SB 101 also included “corporations” in the list of entities that can sue.

2. IN SOME OTHER STATES, NONDISCRIMINATION LAWS TRUMP ‘RELIGIOUS FREEDOM’ LAWS

"If there is a nondiscrimination law” already on the books, says Lambda Legal National Law and Policy Director Jenny Pizer, “that law should be enforceable and enforced notwithstanding any religious claim.”

Pizer says her organization, a pro-gay-rights advocacy and legal-defense group, has found that nondiscrimination laws typically trump RFRA laws in court.

But Indiana has no statewide law barring discrimination based on sexual orientation, and only a handful of its counties have nondiscrimination laws at the local level. According to Pizer, that means there’s no protection from discrimination by companies—where in some other states, there is.

3. THE POLITICAL CONTEXT IS DIFFERENT, AND SO ARE THE POLICY AIMS

Indiana’s top two Republican legislators denied on Monday that SB 101 was a consolation prize for social conservatives after a failed effort to ban gay marriage in the state. They also said it wasn’t intended to have anything to do with denying services to gays and lesbians.

The other side sees things differently, but it’s clear that the context was different when Bill Clinton signed the federal bill—proposed by then-congressman Chuck Schumer, now a longtime Democratic senator from New York—into law in 1993.

The 1993 law is seen as a response to a 1989 Supreme Court ruling, Employment Division v. Smith, against two Native American drug-rehab counselors who had taken peyote, defending that action by saying it was in keeping with their religion.

4. THE INDIANA LAW APPLIES TO PRIVATE DISPUTES

In declining to sign his state's Religious Freedom Restoration Act, Hutchinson pointed out that the bill differed from federal law in that it applied to private disputes, not just governmental action.

Indiana's law is the same way. While other state's RFRA laws make it more difficult for the government to enforce laws when those laws incidentally infringe on religious beliefs, Indiana's applies to disputes between people, or between people and businesses.

Right is right no matter what society thinks. Wrong is wrong, no matter how much society wants it to change.

Society cannot delegate power it never had.

Wal-mart is a business not a political party and not an appendage of a political party. If the Democrats did something stupid that hurt Wal-mart business wise, the company would make its presence known.

What the company did do was to put the far right cons on notice.

Wal-mart is a business not a political party and not an appendage of a political party. If the Democrats did something stupid that hurt Wal-mart business wise, the company would make its presence known.

Even stepping beyond the LGBT issues, I find it quite confusing that the private enterprise, freedom loving, "out of my face Guvment" republicans on this board find that, in this case, a government can legislate a dispute between two individuals. I am not sure there is a better example of a double standard that I have seen. Just very perplexing....

The social cons hide behind small government rhetoric.

In fact, the social cons are far right wing progressive reactionaries who want Big Government to nationalize social con ideology and take human liberty.

Really? Nearly 83% of the adult population of the United States are Christians. If they decide to band together, will you hold to that statement that society decides what is or isn't right?

Wal-Mart is a Consumer Whore, just like the rest of 'em.

Morality doesn't matter a damn... just the Almighty Dollar... and risks to revenue, when taking a moral stance that the Younglings will piss and moan about.

Really? Nearly 83% of the adult population of the United States are Christians. If they decide to band together, will you hold to that statement that society decides what is or isn't right?

I am a Christian and may not agree with the lifestyle, but I do business with people with alternate lifestyles and eat their meals because they run a great restaurant and they are personable and friendly. I do not want government intervening between me and that person. Government needs to stay out of matters between individuals.

And honestly, if I was part of a gay couple and went to a florist and asked them to provide my wedding with flowers, and they refused, I would just take my business somewhere else. Good Grief! How difficult can that be?

Who Rules America?

A shattering new study by two political science professors has found that ordinary Americans have virtually no impact whatsoever on the making of national policy in our country. The analysts found that rich individuals and business-controlled interest groups largely shape policy outcomes in the United States.[...]

The analysts found that when controlling for the power of economic elites and organized interest groups, the influence of ordinary Americans registers at a "non-significant, near-zero level." The analysts further discovered that rich individuals and business-dominated interest groups dominate the policymaking process. The mass-based interest groups had minimal influence compared to the business-based interest groups.
It's only when Corporate America's ideals line up with those of the American people that the American people get what they want.
So corporations are gay....so corporations are now people.

If they can find the gay gene maybe a fetus can become a person too.

Last edited:
The far social con right is only a small minority of American Christianity, and the great majority abhors it in moments like this.

Morality doesn't matter a damn... just the Almighty Dollar... and risks to revenue, when taking a moral stance that the Younglings will piss and moan about.
You are immoral, Kondor3.

You are immoral, Kondor3.
Your opinion, and $3.50, will buy you a cup of coffee at Starbucks, Shirley, but, as always, thank you for your feedback.

I

Even stepping beyond the LGBT issues, I find it quite confusing that the private enterprise, freedom loving, "out of my face Guvment" republicans on this board find that, in this case, a government can legislate a dispute between two individuals. I am not sure there is a better example of a double standard that I have seen. Just very perplexing....
Isn't that what law is....legislative framework to settle disputes?

Forum List

Back