Is Sade an icon in your opinion?

Her music has had some influence on me over the years, and I still love her 80's songs, but a little disappointed with her later stuff and then nothing new since 2011.

She could do well on the road, but she won't fill any stadiums by herself in 2021 like she once may have.

I can see what you're saying, because their albums from Diamond Life - Stronger Than Pride is incredible, after the 80s the quality drop in music is insane (with a few exceptions).

The future of Sade's legacy is going to be pretty damn disappointing in a sense that they're going to be seen as a 80s act who were once huge and after that decade, they vanished with very little body of work

I can see what you're saying, because their albums from Diamond Life - Stronger Than Pride is incredible, after the 80s the quality drop in music is insane (with a few exceptions).

The future of Sade's legacy is going to be pretty damn disappointing in a sense that they're going to be seen as a 80s act who were once huge and after that decade, they vanished with very little body of work
Her music will live on in cover songs by Holiday Inn house bands and in grocery stores and at wedding parties.

She embodied sophistication, class, taste in her music and stage performance. The musicians she used on her tours were amazing. The Bass player and Sax player were the best.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back