Is Russell Wilson A CHEAT???

HUGGY

I Post Because I Care
Mar 24, 2009
Seattle at large...Ballard lately
Russel spent a lot of his own money and resources to organize and implement a week in Hawaii for over 25 of the KEY CORE Seahawk players both on offense and defense to bond and run drills and work on strength drills.

No other team or it's leaders have taken it upon themselves to give their teams this added week of training.

Is this fair? Is it right? Should the NFL look into the obvious attempt to skirt NFL preparation mandates?

Disguised as "Fun in the Sun" and a group "vacation" there were clearly professional trainers and assistants at the sites of these exercises.

More later.

No Wilson isn't a cheat but he is too much of a chickenshit coward to stand up to his head coach the fact he did not have the balls to to do what Jim Harbaugh once did to Mike Ditka on a monday night game ignoring the play call he gave him and called his OWN play.

He sure is a chickenshit frady cat the fact he didnt have the balls to say SCREW YOU PETE and call his own play to have Lynch run the ball in which would have assured your Hawks of being one of the all time greats winning back to back superbowls. this is the SUPERBOWL for god sakes.Grow some balls for christ sake Wilson.

I have lost my respect for him now the fact he is afraid of authority.

I certainly hope Russell doesn't read the posts here at USMB. Unfortunately he or his friends probably do. There is very little on the internet save a couple of team websites and this sports forum covering the Seahawks.

9/11's last post would probably crush Wilson's spirit. EXCEPT that the hundred or so previous to that one are crazier than bed bugs.

I'm not saying Russell views my opinions with any influence on his psyche. If he thinks about my offerings at all the fact that I am an atheist negates any good points I might try to make.

Calling him a chicken shit is ridiculous. He has had several thousand wacko monster linemen and linebackers come at him trying to pop his skull like a pimple over his career.

They aren't allowed to use their own money to do what they want?. lol thats pretty bad when extra practice is considered cheating and everything else is swept under the rug.
I barely got into the NFL and quickly became sooo disillusioned with it. Not because the Seahawks so painfully lost...but because teams/players/coaches sell themselves out for anything...or so it seems.
I doubt they care what anyone on a message board says. lol

They aren't allowed to use their own money to do what they want?. lol thats pretty bad when extra practice is considered cheating and everything else is swept under the rug.
I barely got into the NFL and quickly became sooo disillusioned with it. Not because the Seahawks so painfully lost...but because teams/players/coaches sell themselves out for anything...or so it seems.
I doubt they care what anyone on a message board says. lol

Ya...Ya... They are allowed to go to some fun place on their own dime and practice and bond. This last week was the third such a working vacation Wilson has organized.

No doubt the coaches love this kind of taking personal responsibility for improvement.

This type of thinking outside the box is brand new to the NFL players. At first it was just a handful of receivers and Russell Wilson down in San Diego. Now the junket has grown to 26 players about half on Defense and an equal number of Offensive players.

I guess when push comes to shove our precious Russell does put his money and time where his mouth is. I'm surprised that no other teams have followed suit.

The players are encouraged to bring their wives, girlfriends and the kids along which amplifies the bonding aspect and reinforces a sense of togetherness and later in games an "I've got your back" attitude that is very apparent within the team.

The Seahawks frequently make extraordinary plays late in their games to pull out and stay in front of their opponents. I believe that some of the extra effort displayed in the season can be traced back to these "All In" vacations.

The results over the last three seasons speak for themselves with a deep playoff run in Wilson's rookie year, a Superbowl demolishing of the vaunted record breaking Broncos in Russells soph season and one play from the one yard line to miss winning by the narrowest of margins last February.

Most of the offense from the last three years was produced by a third round QB and a few very pedestrian receivers along with some amazing extra effort by Marshawn Lynch who also has completely bought in to the team's propaganda of "Winning Forever", a moniker developed by Pete Carroll while racking up a series of national championships at Southern California.

One could argue that Tom Brady was equally impressive as a 5th round pick except that he didn't even start for two years and Wilson was at the helm from day one.

With a team so focused already an extra week of training seems outrageous and probably cheating although "technically" no NFL edicts have deemed it so..

One could argue that Tom Brady was equally impressive as a 5th round pick except that he didn't even start for two years and Wilson was at the helm from day one.

With a team so focused already an extra week of training seems outrageous and probably cheating although "technically" no NFL edicts have deemed it so..

Except that Brady was picked toward the end of the 6th round (199), not the 5th. Also, he made his way from 4th string to 2nd string during his first year, and took over the team during the 2nd game of his 2nd year in the league, leading them to a championship and becoming the youngest QB to ever win a Super Bowl.

Brady was also competing with Bledsoe, the Patriots franchise quarterback who had just signed a 10 year, $103 million dollar contract, the largest ever for a QB at the time.

Wilson, by comparison, was selected 75th overall and had to compete with Matt Flynn and Tavaris Jackson for the starting role. So who actually had the more impressive road to success?

Except that Brady was picked toward the end of the 6th round (199), not the 5th. Also, he made his way from 4th string to 2nd string during his first year, and took over the team during the 2nd game of his 2nd year in the league, leading them to a championship and becoming the youngest QB to ever win a Super Bowl.

Brady was also competing with Bledsoe, the Patriots franchise quarterback who had just signed a 10 year, $103 million dollar contract, the largest ever for a QB at the time.

Wilson, by comparison, was selected 75th overall and had to compete with Matt Flynn and Tavaris Jackson for the starting role. So who actually had the more impressive road to success?

I think we are splitting hairs. These two QBs represents the best roads to success ever in the NFL from their respective draft positions to the most sought after end game in their first three years. Wilson was given the nod before Brady by a more player competition oriented coach in Pete Carroll. No one will know if Brady could have ascended to the starting position and held it in his rookie season. The Seahawks had just paid Flynn 7 million and took a huge leap of faith in ignoring their investment in Matt to give such a huge responsibility to a completely untried athlete at arguably the most difficult position to master in professional sports.

I don't think one can discount the fact that Wilson took the Hawks to the second round of the playoffs and a field goal from the NFC Championship game with heroic comebacks that no other rookie in the history of the NFL have been a part of.

Brady's success has been without question the most championship performances with his six SB appearances in 13 seasons winning 4 of them.

The 9ers also have 6 SB appearances winning 5 but over around 30 years.

The Seahawks have appeared a meager 3 times at the SB winning just the one.

Forum List

Back