Is religious liberty an absolute right?

are women who use birth control 'sluts'?

as far as i'm concerned, women who think someone else should pay for it are. If she pays for it herself, then it's her own private business, and i have no need to form any opinions about her at all.

she is paying for it when she pays her insurance premium

Sure, sweetie. Your premium is ALL that's paying for your health insurance. Your employer isn't putting in ANY money for that. :eusa_liar:

Are you actually stupid enough to believe that, or are you just hoping the rest of us are stupid enough to believe you?

Seems to be what the politically motivated Rightwing believes, on this contraceptive issue.

Anyone?

Their right to use or not use contraception is 100% protected by the First Amendment. My right to use or not use contraception depending on my own beliefs is 100% protected by the constitution. The court has already dealt with that issue in Griswold v Connecticut.

However, religious freedom isn't limitless. There are cases where kids are taken away from their parents if certain religious practices are followed. (like santaria cutting crosses into their kids to "cure" them). There have been cases brought against people who let their kids stay sick and/or die by refusing to treat them. These decisions are usually based on an infant's inability to consent and a parent's obligation to protect.

What is guaranteed is that the religious extremists have zero right to impose their belif system on the rest of us....

But Obama can FORCE religion to break their beliefs that are not a threat to anyone? That is what he tried and is still doing.
False. Turn off FOXNEWS and learn the facts.

Politically motivated, religiously motivated or morally motivated?
Politically motivated.

None of this is about upholding the moral code of the Catholic Church.

If it was, the GOP would be out there trying to end capital punishment.

Regardless of the reason, does the parent of a minor child have the right to enforce or restrict contraception for their minor child? I damn sure know the government shouldn't be granted that authority over minor children much less adults.
The issue isn't contraceptives for minors.
I think it is hard to claim that issues about contraception are strictly political. For many it also encompasses their morals and/or religious beliefs.

This issue is about contraception, which includes contraception for minors as a subset.

For the GOP, it is political.

It's not about minors. Minors aren't getting health care benefits in their minimum wage jobs.

I give your deflection attempt an F.

Their right to use or not use contraception is 100% protected by the First Amendment. My right to use or not use contraception depending on my own beliefs is 100% protected by the constitution. The court has already dealt with that issue in Griswold v Connecticut.

However, religious freedom isn't limitless. There are cases where kids are taken away from their parents if certain religious practices are followed. (like santaria cutting crosses into their kids to "cure" them). There have been cases brought against people who let their kids stay sick and/or die by refusing to treat them. These decisions are usually based on an infant's inability to consent and a parent's obligation to protect.

What is guaranteed is that the religious extremists have zero right to impose their belif system on the rest of us....

But Obama can FORCE religion to break their beliefs that are not a threat to anyone? That is what he tried and is still doing.
False. Turn off FOXNEWS and learn the facts.

You don't recognize facts.

You make shit up. You praise bogus "reports." You are a clown.

Clowns suck.

Politically motivated.

None of this is about upholding the moral code of the Catholic Church.

If it was, the GOP would be out there trying to end capital punishment.

The issue isn't contraceptives for minors.
I think it is hard to claim that issues about contraception are strictly political. For many it also encompasses their morals and/or religious beliefs.

This issue is about contraception, which includes contraception for minors as a subset.

For the GOP, it is political.

It's not about minors. Minors aren't getting health care benefits in their minimum wage jobs.

I give your deflection attempt an F.

You somehow seem to think the GOP is of one mind. They are not.

Minors are getting health care benefits from their parents.
The only deflection is you trying to implicate that I indicated it had anything to to with the minors employment (I didn't).

Seems to be what the politically motivated Rightwing believes, on this contraceptive issue.

Anyone?

churches were exempt from the law. it was businesses owned by the church and not part of the church that weren't.

i think the fauxrage runs deep given he always said there were compromises that could be reached. i think the way it turned out was ok. but really, the hysteria was a bit much.

We all know that there ARE some things which a person cannot do -- even for true reasons of religious faith. Like, if your religious belief says you must kill a Jew, fuck yourself. You are properly and validly denied that "right" by the government.

Murder is against the law. Try again. This time with an example that is legal.

No kidding idiot. But it's still a RESTRICTION. And where there exists a restriction, then the "right" cannot be said to be absolute.

No.

I'll stick with the correct answer, your bellyaching and whining notwithstanding, stupid.
Doubling down on being wrong is a Neo-Con trademark!

We all know that there ARE some things which a person cannot do -- even for true reasons of religious faith. Like, if your religious belief says you must kill a Jew, fuck yourself. You are properly and validly denied that "right" by the government.

Yes, and we're talking about occasions when the government can make laws restricting religious freedom, so YOU try again. How can someone give you an example of times when the government can make religious exercise illegal with "an example that is legal", moron?

I didn't ask for an example of times when the government can make religious exercise illegal, moron.

Post #1 - even you can find it!

No kidding idiot. But it's still a RESTRICTION. And where there exists a restriction, then the "right" cannot be said to be absolute.

No.

I'll stick with the correct answer, your bellyaching and whining notwithstanding, stupid.
Doubling down on being wrong is a Neo-Con trademark!

It's amusing to see you babble about topics on which you know effectively nothing.

Of course, that's a mighty large set of topics.

In any event, I didn't double down on wrong since I wasn't wrong in the first place. You were and you are. You are just too plodding and dim witted to notice it.

Yes, and we're talking about occasions when the government can make laws restricting religious freedom, so YOU try again. How can someone give you an example of times when the government can make religious exercise illegal with "an example that is legal", moron?

I didn't ask for an example of times when the government can make religious exercise illegal, moron.

Post #1 - even you can find it!

See? Even when you've exposed yourself as the utterly mindless hack you always are, you can't help but seek some pity by begging others to "look again." It doesn't improve with age, ya dim bulb.

I realize you are tragically and almost terminally stupid, but still, even a complete moron such as YOU ought to be able to recognize that if a thing may be prohibited for ANY reason, then there is no absolute right to do it.

Your fail is nearly complete. Hell, it might BE complete. But seek closure. Post more fail.

Many of us will enjoy laughing at you all the more.

Why? Because if I don't buy the slut her birth control, she's incapable of getting it at all? Christ, the bitch has a job, or she wouldn't have health insurance. So you can't tell me she doesn't have any income with which to buy her own damned birth control!

Are women who use birth control 'sluts'?

As far as I'm concerned, women who think someone else should pay for it are. If she pays for it herself, then it's her own private business, and I have no need to form any opinions about her at all.
Isn't she already paying for it, in the form of the money taken out of each paycheck?

He's a Newt Gingrich clown by the looks!

It's his notion of ridiculing those he cannot even aspire to being as good as.

But still: a clown is still a clown.

I don't know of one sane person who aspires to be Gingrich...not-a one!

more than one newtie??? what a terrifying thought!!

tumblr_lmsdxf1ni71qlujeko1_500.png

Forum List

Back