Is Rand Paul the new Sarah Palin?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by rightwinger, May 24, 2010.

1. rightwinger

rightwinger Paid Messageboard Poster Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +45,264
    Is Rand Paul the new Sarah Palin? - The Week

After his rocky debut on the national stage, Rand Paul canceled an appearance on NBC's "Meet the Press," citing "fatigue." Sarah Palin, on Fox News, was sympathetic, saying the Kentucky GOP Senate candidate is learning, as she did in 2008, that "prejudiced" reporters and media personalities are mostly "looking for the gotcha moment" with certain conservatives. Palin's not the first person to compare Paul and herself — Bill Maher on Friday said of Paul, "It's as if Sarah Palin somehow made it through medical school" — but are the two candidates really similar?

2. paperview

paperview Life is Good

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,139
    Rand Paul is an Eye Doctor.

Sarah Palin is an "I" doctor.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 6
  3. Dr.House

Dr.House Lives on in syndication!

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,488
    Judging by the number of threads started by you libs here recently, I'd have to say "yes"...

• Thank You! Thank You! x 5
  4. mascale

mascale VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +453
    The Obama Administration got about $900,000.00 of oil company contributions to the presidential campaign. McCain-Palin, of "Drill, Baby, Drill!" got $2.8 mil. for the race of the losers in the same campaign.

McCain-Palin would go on to prove the point(?)!

The GovernatorNess would then go on to Lie-Along-With-FoxTV-On-Sunday Morning(?), suggesting that it was the Obama Administration that was actually in bed with Big Oil(?). Notice that liberal reporting is a lot more fun!

So it does take a medical school to wonder just what they will think of next. Vatican City, now of the Holy Father's own Christian Hitler Youth, has even announced that it too is paying attention to the creation of the new cells, reported in the news.

No doubt it is being reviewed in the context of a Good Housekeeping matter.

"Crow, James Crow: Shaken, Not Stirred!"
    (Tie woman to totem, to do holy thing, like Joan of Arc, of White Eyes fame!)

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
    Last edited: May 24, 2010
  5. rightwinger

rightwinger Paid Messageboard Poster Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +45,264
    How Rand Paul is the New Sarah Palin

Both emerged from nowhere, became darlings of the right and proceeded to go on devastating media tours which revealed exactly how extreme their views were, and how unprepared they both seemed for national office. But the similarities don't stop there.

Kentucky Senate candidate Rand Paul canceled an appearance on Meet the Press tomorrow, after a week filled with gaffes that revealed unorthodox positions on civil rights (anti) and BP (pro). It's a move straight out of Sarah Palin's playbook. Or Rand Paul's playbook. Because they're the same playbook really, and the same figure.

They both have bizarre and culty associations:

Palin was associated with an extremist Christian church, the Wasilla Assembly of God, where a Kenyan pastor, Thomas Muthee, cast evil spirits from her

Paul, meanwhile, is being held to account for his strange belief in absolutely discredited conspiracy theories — among them his view that Canada and Mexico are plotting a single North American currency, the Amero, and a superhighway that will make the continent into a superstate and remove American sovereignty.

6. Tom Clancy

Tom Clancy Clancy for Ron Paul

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +585
    2 Different people, Rand is by far more Libertarian than Palin..

But I have to highly disagree with his stance on the Civil Rights Act..

Isn't it stated "That All Men Are Created Equal" in the Deceleration of Independence? We have to live up to that, saying that Government can't interfere with Companies discriminating against Blacks, Hispanics or Whites is probably the most idiotic statement I've probably ever heard..

• Thank You! Thank You! x 2
  7. MaggieMae

MaggieMae Reality bits

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,601
    The TransTexas highway also took flight as a conspiracy theory, propelled by Rand's daddy, Ron.

8. NYcarbineer

NYcarbineer Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +30,060
    I'm astounded at how many people have emerged in the last week who agree with that idiotic statement. And five years worth of wasting time on political msg boards had me convinced that nothing should astound me.

9. ElmerMudd

ElmerMudd Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +860
    I do not agree with Rand Paul's politics but he has enough brains to have done critical thinking to come up with his philosophies.

Sarah Palin is an air head.

10. Big Black Dog

Big Black Dog Gold Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,702
    Is Rand Paul the new Sarah Palin? I doubt that he would look as good in a dress.