Is Racism always wrong?

musingsofacac

musingsofacac
Dec 3, 2012
south east Michigan
Is racism always bad?

The question itself would be considered unnecessary by many in our modern society. To some people this would be like asking “is rape always wrong?” Basically our society in general has decided in the past 40 years that racism is and must always be wrong. Anything that would support the notion that any race has any superior attributes to another must be silenced, in fact we are told by many that race is a figment of our imaginations, it does not exist. We simply have different skin colors and there is nothing different beneath the skin – or so we are told.

But I believe the answer to this very important question is NO, racism is NOT always wrong. It depends what someone does with their racist views. I think it is similar to asking the question, “Is anger always bad?” and again the answer to that question would be NO for the same reason. Also full disclosure – I am of white Northern European descent.

Racism simply put is believing that some races are superior to others. It does not mean superior in all ways, it just means one race may be superior in some ways and other races may be superior in others. For instance I believe when it comes to math and science Asians and Whites are the best races in the world. Test scores in various countries and cultures around the world consistently prove that.

But when it comes to athletic ability blacks seem to edge out whites and Asians in many sports. It is a biological fact that blacks as a race tend to be larger, stronger and have more dense bone structure than other races. This does not mean there are not larger people among other races, simply that on average blacks are larger.

When it comes to creativity and innovation, I believe the you can easily show that Europeans Caucasians in recent centuries have become the dominate sub race of Caucasians on the planet. The most patents in the world are filed by the United Kingdom, followed in close second by the United States. As I have stated in previous posts I believe that Middle Eastern Peoples and Europeans are of Caucasian descent, it is not simply a matter of skin color but of bone structure and facial structure and other internal structures.

I do not believe racism in and of itself is wrong, it is what we do with our racist beliefs that makes them good or bad. If I go and call a black person or Asian person derogatory names that would be wrong. If I threaten to physically harm or hurt someone based on their race that would be wrong. If I make a person feel less than human because of their race that would be wrong.

If I take pride in my own race and in the accomplishments of my race that is NOT wrong. If I believe my race has for the most part built the most superior cultures around the world, that would not be wrong. If I want to fight(politically, not physically) to keep the racial majority of my region or country that is not necessarily wrong. It can become wrong if I am violent or mistreat minority races in my region or country.

While Caucasians seem to excel as a race at creativity and innovation does that mean there are no creative or innovative people of other races? Of course NOT! This is a straw man argument that race deniers use all the time to try and deny differences in races. There are creative and innovative, engineers and scientist from almost every race(and sub race) on the planet. The difference is in how often they occur within each racial population, and by far they occur on a much higher level within the Caucasian race and in recent centuries the Northern European Caucasian sub race. This is a fact, check all you want online or else where and you will find it to be true.

Race deniers try to write this off as simply cultural and having nothing to do with race. But how can they deny that across cultural and national boundaries around the world test scores and patent filings reveal consistency among the races? The answer is they cannot explain it without conceding that race does exist and it does play a huge part in our cognitive ability as well as physical(in the case of athletics) ability.

There was a time in our past as White Europeans that we treated other races very poorly and I am not for going back to those types of attitudes. I am however for taking pride in our race and taking pride in one’s race does not mean that one hates all other races. I am for eliminating programs that seek to encourage the false notion that all races are equal in every way. I find it horrible that we in an effort to deny racial differences promote people of inferior intelligence and cognitive ability to positions of power they should not be in simply because of their race.

The test for a job, entrance into a college or university, no matter what it is, should NEVER be changed or rigged to allow more racial(or gender) diversity in a particular place. We should want only the best and if a minority or female can pass the test, fine give them the chance. But if they cannot pass the same test everyone else does without some special help or accommodations, they should not have the job or placement.

So in conclusion, racism is not always wrong. In fact racism is based in scientific and historic truth. I would also argue that we are hard-wired to be racist, in the sense that most people want to be around their own race. Look at neighborhoods throughout America and around the world, most of them are a majority of one type of people with only a sprinkling of other Peoples. Think about the fact that almost every major city in the United States has a “china town”, “Mexican town” or other ethnic parts that a majority of one type of people. There is nothing wrong this, it is normal and natural.

I personally believe that most of those who purposefully integrate with other races in where they live often do so to prove their supposed superiority over their fellow whites or blacks or whatever their ethnic group may be. There are times perhaps because a neighborhood is safer or has better schools that someone will go against their own racial bias and move into the neighborhood knowing they will be a minority.

But no one can honestly tell me(aside from someone who was raised by someone of a different race) that if you walked into a neighborhood, church, or other place where you were one of the only ones your race or ethnic background that you would not feel a bit uncomfortable. You may try to act superior by hiding your discomfort, but you feel it regardless.

So again – I believe if we were all honest – we are all racists to one degree or another. That does not mean we wish ill-will to other races, but we prefer our own.

Is racism always bad? | The Musings Of A Christian American Conservative

If it's institutional?

Absolutely.

If by "institutional" you mean government saying you(as a citizen of the US) can't do this or that if you are this race or you have different rights if you this race or that - then we are in agreement.

I don't however have a problem with racial quotas being set for immigrants coming into the country(non citizens) we used to have that as way of keeping a white majority in the US and I see nothing wrong with that.

I do believe that private institutions have every right to be racist in how they allow members to join(basically clubs, and associations) as freedom of association(whatever that may be) is a basic human right in my opinion.

I believe that people have the right to do with their private property - whether it be their home or business as they will. If someone prefers to hire only white people I believe they should be able to do. I personally would have no problem hiring minorities, but it should be my right to hire as I will with my own business.

The civil rights law of 1964 in my opinion was one of the greatest attacks on the rights of private property that I have ever seen in this country.

If it's institutional?

Absolutely.

If by "institutional" you mean government saying you(as a citizen of the US) can't do this or that if you are this race or you have different rights if you this race or that - then we are in agreement.

I don't however have a problem with racial quotas being set for immigrants coming into the country(non citizens) we used to have that as way of keeping a white majority in the US and I see nothing wrong with that.

I do believe that private institutions have every right to be racist in how they allow members to join(basically clubs, and associations) as freedom of association(whatever that may be) is a basic human right in my opinion.

I believe that people have the right to do with their private property - whether it be their home or business as they will. If someone prefers to hire only white people I believe they should be able to do. I personally would have no problem hiring minorities, but it should be my right to hire as I will with my own business.

The civil rights law of 1964 in my opinion was one of the greatest attacks on the rights of private property that I have ever seen in this country.

yeah, the KKK agrees.

yesterday it was newbie anti America posters, today it's , "let's go back to separate but equal rights for America".

and after we are allowed to discriminate based on color, we can discriminate on gender and by social casts of the same race. Hey just like before 1965.

If it's institutional?

Absolutely.

yeah, the KKK agrees.

Again if someone has racist attitudes then they must all be the same right? so KKK, skin heads other white supremes all think the same? Nothing could be further from the truth. We may agree that the Northern European races established superior cultures and a few other things. But I would never join the KKK or any of these groups because they have and still do advocate violence and hatred. It is not simply preferring or having pride in one's race - they go way beyond that.

However it is any easy scape goat for you and others to try and make against anyone who takes pride their race if they happen to be white.

The strawman has been knocked down, what is next?

Racism simply put is believing that some races are superior to others.

That's an over-simplification and it doesn't explain racial violence.

Actually its not an over simplification check the dictionary.

Racial violence happens when someone takes an idea and instead of fighting for that deal in a civil manner(arguing for it in court or in the court of public opinion, pushing policies and such) he resorts to violence to get his way.

Are all environmentalists terrorists because some environmentalists do terrorist acts(like burning down new home developments)?

Are all Muslims terrorists because some Muslims believe they must act violent toward non-Muslims?

I could go on but you get the point.

Racism simply put is believing that some races are superior to others.

Racial violence happens when someone takes an idea and instead of fighting for that deal in a civil manner(arguing for it in court or in the court of public opinion, pushing policies and such) he resorts to violence to get his way.

Are all environmentalists terrorists because some environmentalists do terrorist acts(like burning down new home developments)?

Are all Muslims terrorists because some Muslims believe they must act violent toward non-Muslims?

I understand what you're saying, but when someone attacks someone because of their race, they may not do it because they feel superior, but it still looks like racism to most.

and after we are allowed to discriminate based on color, we can discriminate on gender and by social casts of the same race. Hey just like before 1965.

Moonglow - do you realize that you "discriminate" every day? You choose where you will buy your gas, where you will buy your food, what stores you like and what stores you don't like.

You discriminate in what television shows you watch and it what car you choose to purchase.

I may not agree with all the things you choose to discriminate about, what do you get to choose for me?

Believe me I understand the arguments about not discriminating based on race and as I said I agree with not discriminating against citizens of the US based on race. Everyone should have an equal chance to vote, and equal access to address grievances with their government. But that is the government, the government has no right to tell private citizens what they can and cannot do with their own private home or business - period.

But I do NOT believe in these phony racial or gender quotas and no special exceptions should be made to get more women in positions of power or more blacks as officers in the military. If they as a woman or black can pass all the same tests a white man can without any special exceptions or help...then ok. But look it up online about studies how the US military in order to be more "inclusive" gives all this special help, and looks the other way when black officer candidates fail.

I want the best officers in charge of the military, not someone who is just their to meet a quota.
Is racial diversity a good thing for America? | The Musings Of A Christian American Conservative

Last edited:

I understand what you're saying, but when someone attacks someone because of their race, they may not do it because they feel superior, but it still looks like racism to most.

SJ,
When someone is assaulted or murdered, it is always in someway based on some sort of hatred, even if just general hatred for life. That's why I totally disagree with hate crime laws, most crimes are based in hatred or greed.

When I do see someone assaulted simply because of their race or religion or whatever I don't like it either, but the crime is assault or murder, not five other things in my opinion.

The time I think the reason for the act of killing or assaulting someone should come into play is if it was for self defense. If it is for any other reason, the reason does not matter, its a crime and it deserves to be punished.

SJ,
When someone is assaulted or murdered, it is always in someway based on some sort of hatred, even if just general hatred for life. That's why I totally disagree with hate crime laws, most crimes are based in hatred or greed.

When I do see someone assaulted simply because of their race or religion or whatever I don't like it either, but the crime is assault or murder, not five other things in my opinion.

The time I think the reason for the act of killing or assaulting someone should come into play is if it was for self defense. If it is for any other reason, the reason does not matter, its a crime and it deserves to be punished.
I'm not talking about hate crime either, all I'm saying is that you don't have to think your race is superior to another to be a racist.

Racism is bad when it conflicts with peoples' rights, being Life, Liberty, and the Pursuit of Happiness.

Forum List

Back