Is Paul Racist? You Be the Judge

Discussion in 'Race Relations/Racism' started by Gunny, Jan 15, 2008.

1. Gunny

Gunny Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,770
    Yeah, it's blog; which, I am usually not keen on using. However, since the quote is from Paul and apparently Paul acknoledged making the statement, I'm considering the content anyway.

2. Paulie

Paulie Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +15,543
    Gunny, I'm not sure who exactly moved the other Paul/Racism threads out of "Politics" and put them into "Race Relations", but I see that you started your OWN thread about Ron Paul and racism in the "Politics" forum. Shouldn't that be in the Race Relations forum with the others if that's where race discussions are going?

3. onedomino

onedomino SCE to AUX

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +476
    I think it is reasonable to post a blog if it is merely reporting quotes and such can be verified. Regarding Ron Paul, there are lots of reasons why I would never vote for him, and concerning the quote above, the 95 percent crack is racist. If he did not write it, then it should have been immediately disavowed.

Concerning a personal experience and the ethnicity of street crime, I'll mention this: someone tried to rob me at gun point a few years ago in Los Angeles. It was two teenagers and happened as I was leaving a drug store and unlocking my car. I wasn't much older than them. It was broad daylight about 4:30pm. Of course it was Los Angeles and clearly it must have been Latino teenagers, or maybe South Central blacks. In fact it was two white punks, and one had a big hand gun. But before he could point it at me, I fell backward through a hedge and ran. Then they ran away. Later I asked the police if they thought I was crazy to run. They said because they wore no masks, the gunman probably would have murdered me if I had simply handed over my wallet. They were never caught.

4. eots

eots no fly list

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,606
    a Zionist blogger give me a break ...Paul acknowledged making the statement where ,when ,to whom ? and it is ACKNOWLEDGED...DUMB ASS..see Told I you it wouldn't take long....people who live in glass houses Gunner....

5. jillian

jillian Princess Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +22,442
    You do know that calling someone a zionist isn't an insult, right? :cuckoo:

6. eots

eots no fly list

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,606
    it was not intended to insult, it speaks to motivation and bias

7. jillian

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +22,442
    I'd think it's fair to think that someone who is pro Israel would have issues with Ron Paul. That would probably bias them against his views and against his candidacy. But it wouldn't make what they say any less true.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  8. Paulie

Paulie Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +15,543
    Can't you be pro ANYONE, but not have to babysit, fund, aid, fight wars for them, etc?

I'm not anti Israel, but I just disagree with being their keeper and enforcer. Why can't they take care of themselves? There's plenty of countries with far less than what Israel has, that get along fine being their OWN sovereign keepers.

We can't AFFORD it!

9. jillian

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +22,442
    Even if you know its surrounded by oil rich countries that have no problem, historically, attacking it in tandem?

Sorry... it's not my only issue, but I don't agree with Paul on anything besides legalizing drugs.

The company he keeps is just icing on the cake.

10. eots

eots no fly list

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,606
    come on we all know that I'm not anti - Israel is really code for I am anti- Israel unless of course your willing to baby sit,fund and fight their wars for them that is