Is Palin a liar or just dumb as a stump?

rightwinger

Award Winning USMB Paid Messageboard Poster
Aug 4, 2009
Steve Schmidt: Sarah Palin has trouble with truth - Jonathan Martin - POLITICO.com

John McCain’s top campaign strategist said in an interview Sunday that Sarah Palin was dishonest as the GOP’s vice-presidential nominee and that her untruths have done long-term damage to her public image.

“There were numerous instances that she said things that were — that were not accurate that ultimately, the campaign had to deal with,” said Steve Schmidt in an interview broadcast on CBS’s “60 Minutes.” “And that opened the door to criticism that she was being untruthful and inaccurate. And I think that is something that continues to this day.”

Schmidt cited an ethics report on the then-Alaska governor from her home state on an investigation into whether she had improperly used her government position.

“She went out and said, you know, ‘This report completely exonerates me,’” Schmidt said. “And in fact, it — it didn’t. You know it’s the equivalent of saying down is up and up is down. It was provably, demonstrably untrue

Heilemann said that even after crash-course tutorials by campaign aides following the convention, Palin was still woefully uninformed about basic policy issues.

“he still didn’t really understand why there was a North Korea and a South Korea,” Heilemann told the program’s Anderson Cooper. “She was still regularly saying that Saddam Hussein had been behind 9/11.”

Doesn't matter, she's still an improvement over the moran we have now.

Honestly, she's brighter than "Slow" Joe Biden and he's next in line.

You don't pick people from states like Alaska to run for the president of the US. It's not that they're stupid, they're just so isolated from the world that I'm sure MOST people from "up that way" think Saddam Hussein attacked us on 9/11, if they know what 9/11 is at all.

I still like her.

I would like an alternative source on the she thought Hussein was behind 9/11, or the Korea line either.

This doesn't much knock Palin so much as it does the McCain people. We can get her true measure over the next three years. But if they knew this and still inflicted her on us, they they are worse than I thought they were.

I really wish I had an alternative in the Primary other than McCain and Ron Paul

I 'm always astounded at Democrats criticizing supposed lies by Republicans. Considering the Hill-Billy's, Obama/Democratic campaign promises broken and the fact they consider lying by Democratic party leaders to be expected.

Yes.

Doesn't matter, she's still an improvement over the moran we have now.

Irony.

Honestly though. none of this shit matters. The Reid comment, Palin's gaffes, the sex lives of the Edwards, all this hype coming out about and from Game Change is of the most insignificant, petty, gossipy celeb news crap that TMZ plies in. It's unfit to be called political discourse and it's a distraction from things like the many foreign wars we're engaged in, the recession, crippling unemployment, health care reform, and the other issues that actually effect Americans.

Last edited:
I 'm always astounded at Democrats criticizing supposed lies by Republicans. Considering the Hill-Billy's, Obama/Democratic campaign promises broken and the fact they consider lying by Democratic party leaders to be expected.

"Supposed" lies? Wake the fuck up, already.

The campaign "staffer" (head of the campaign) said that Palin increased McCain's votes and helped the ticket. So her's not blaming her for the loss, just giving his account of what happened on the trail.

If it was Obama's campaign manager, you'd have reason to be suspect. This guy has no reason to lie and most of his assertions are well-corroborated and independently verifiable.

The campaign "staffer" (head of the campaign) said that Palin increased McCain's votes and helped the ticket. So her's not blaming her for the loss, just giving his account of what happened on the trail.

If it was Obama's campaign manager, you'd have reason to be suspect. This guy has no reason to lie and most of his assertions are well-corroborated and independently verifiable.

Then provide the verification as well as corroborations. So far all I see is his statements, no verification and no corroborations.

Forum List

Back