Dems defend Reid as expected.

As stated by many of the Senators supporting him, Reid has a record of trying to help minorities and the poor. He made a stupid comment that does not erase all the good he has done. I must ask, do you think his comments = Lotts comments

RGS

Do you yourself disagree with what Reid said?

As stated by many of the Senators supporting him, Reid has a record of trying to help minorities and the poor. He made a stupid comment that does not erase all the good he has done. I must ask, do you think his comments = Lotts comments
Lott's comments are only relevant in the context of the left's reaction to someone saying something dumb, when they don't happen to carry that (D) by their name, versus the reaction when it's one of their own stepping on his dick.

Moreover, Lott's comments were a shameless butt kiss at at private birthday party for a 100-year old man, while Reid's gaffe was out in front of God and everyone.

He DID NOT make a stupid comment, he stated a political reality of race issues in the US of A.

Lott was and likely still is a "segregationist," just that the law has put him in a place where he cannot openly enforce those beliefs.

RGS

What I agree with or disagree with is irrelevant to the discussion. The left went nuts over Lott making a comment to make a 100 year old guy feel good. And now they want to excuse blatant racism cause the guy votes with them.

For the record, I do not care one bit what color my President is or what color they are when they run for President. I do CARE about them being competent enough to do the job.

RGS

What I agree with or disagree with is irrelevant to the discussion. The left went nuts over Lott making a comment to make a 100 year old guy feel good. And now they want to excuse blatant racism cause the guy votes with them.

For the record, I do not care one bit what color my President is or what color they are when they run for President. I do CARE about them being competent enough to do the job.

Reid was commenting on the electability of a dark skinned black with a strong ethnic dialect. Do you agree that the US would have difficulty electing such a candidate?

RGS

Reid was commenting on the electability of a dark skinned black with a strong ethnic dialect. Do you agree that the US would have difficulty electing such a candidate?

No such person ran so it is a pointless comparison and worthless to speculate on. If a Republican had said what Reid said about Obama you guys would all be howling for their head on a platter.

RGS

Did he say "Blue-Gum" or "dark skinned black?"

You got Bubba Clinton talking about the good old days when Obama would have been his servant!

Dems launch defense to save Reid - Yahoo! News

No democrat is ever held accountable by the democrats themselves. EVER.

Two things, and maybe three.

I don't believe what he said was done in a racist tone, or meant to be racist. He was showing support of Obama, which makes him an idiot, but he was not being racist.

I believe it was just the basic facts. (I am NOT a democrat).

Some people are just thin-skinned.

Obama has done a pretty good job of not outwardly expressing his racism, but he is very racist, IMO.

No such person ran so it is a pointless comparison and worthless to speculate on. If a Republican had said what Reid said about Obama you guys would all be howling for their head on a platter.

Ducking again ? I'm shocked

Did you really expect the Dems to do less? We're talking about one of their crew - not a Republican.

"Negro Dialect?" Uh yea that's not too racist or insulting. The Liberals who are continuing to defend the indefensible really should just quit while they're still ahead. They're sounding dumber and dumber by the minute. Yikes!

I don't think what Harry said was all that bad. He was talking reality check time, and I am always in favor of that. It was the truth, it worked.
It is always fun to watch how the Dems circle the wagons no matter what their side does. From the venial to the bad, it is always the same response when their side gets caught.
ThebestwaytosurvivetheArmy.jpg

Of course, when a Republican is in the crosshairs, then they get really operatic about it, no matter how venial.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back