Is our Government Doing Unconstitutional Things?

From what I hear the government is doing several Unconstitutional things. What ones do you know of? I don't know all things, Congress has given to much of its responsibility to the executive branch. One example they pretty much gave Bush a blank check and let him declare war when it is their responsibility. Its as if they don't want to be blamed for it so they let the president take the blame, giving him the power to do so. Also all bills for raising Revenue shall originate in the House of Representatives. I also see that isn't how it always seems to be going. Please add to these Unconstitutional things that preferably are currently going on. Solutions to these problems would also be nice. Lets address this as americans not as a political party.

there is no declaration of war and congress vote to go and voted to fund it ... twice.....

i think our current foreign entanglements are a violation

This could be why so many states are working on sovereignty bills. Basically, they are telling the federal government to STOP overstepping its boundaries.

Any One Else Have Any Thoughts??

Without a doubt: House will give a non-state a vote in Congress: "bill still faces another fight from Senate Republicans who contend that the measure is unconstitutional.

They say the Constitution clearly states that House members must be chosen "by the people of the several states" and that the District is not a state. "

Washington Times - Voting rights near for District?

I'm really going to miss America.

We all know what the purpose of giving DC a vote is. The liberals have the numbers to push this issue and make it pass, FINALLY. And, basically, they're just creating another vote for themselves in the Senate. It's sad, and unfortunately, no one seems to care to do anything to stop it. This is why I have a problem with one side controlling all three branches of the government. There is no more system of checks and balances. That veto power that Bush had over a Democratic Congress was the one thing saving this country from complete takeover, and now that veto power rests in the hands of someone who's on the side of those taking over. It's a scary thought, and I hate to see how it's all going to turn out in the end.

The FCC.
Abridging freedom of speech since ... whenever they started to censor profanity (can't find the date).

Last edited:
This could be why so many states are working on sovereignty bills. Basically, they are telling the federal government to STOP overstepping its boundaries.

That's exactly why they are doing it. It will be interesting if any of them succeed. It would be the first tenth amendment case that has a real chance of succeeding in the USSC since Darby.

Any One Else Have Any Thoughts??

Without a doubt: House will give a non-state a vote in Congress: "bill still faces another fight from Senate Republicans who contend that the measure is unconstitutional.

They say the Constitution clearly states that House members must be chosen "by the people of the several states" and that the District is not a state. "

Washington Times - Voting rights near for District?

I'm really going to miss America.

We all know what the purpose of giving DC a vote is. The liberals have the numbers to push this issue and make it pass, FINALLY. And, basically, they're just creating another vote for themselves in the Senate. It's sad, and unfortunately, no one seems to care to do anything to stop it. This is why I have a problem with one side controlling all three branches of the government. There is no more system of checks and balances. That veto power that Bush had over a Democratic Congress was the one thing saving this country from complete takeover, and now that veto power rests in the hands of someone who's on the side of those taking over. It's a scary thought, and I hate to see how it's all going to turn out in the end.

They don't get a senate seat with this. But it is something to watch out for.

That's exactly why they are doing it. It will be interesting if any of them succeed. It would be the first tenth amendment case that has a real chance of succeeding in the USSC since Darby.

And you would think this would be huge news in the media, but not surprisingly there's not a peep about it. Our media has been bought and paid for, and that's where we need to start.

Eleven States Declare Sovereignty Over Obama’s Action - HUMAN EVENTS

Eleven States Declare Sovereignty Over Obama’s Action
by A.W.R. Hawkins

02/23/2009

State governors -- looking down the gun barrel of long-term spending forced on them by the Obama “stimulus” plan -- are saying they will refuse to take the money. This is a Constitutional confrontation between the federal government and the states unlike any in our time.

In the first five weeks of his presidency, Barack Obama has acted so rashly that at least 11 states have decided that his brand of “hope” equates to an intolerable expansion of the federal government’s authority over the states. These states -- "Washington, New Hampshire, Arizona, Montana, Michigan, Missouri, Oklahoma, [Minnesota]...Georgia," South Carolina, and Texas -- "have all introduced bills and resolutions" reminding Obama that the 10th Amendment protects the rights of the states, which are the rights of the people, by limting the power of the federal government. These resolutions call on Obama to “cease and desist” from his reckless government expansion and also indicate that federal laws and regulations implemented in violation of the 10th Amendment can be nullified by the states.

When the Constitution was being ratified during the 1780s, the 10th Amendment was understood to be the linchpin that held the entire Bill of Rights together. The amendment states: “The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the States, are reserved to the States respectively, or to the people."

Remember guys: the Civil War was fought over states' rights, not slavery.

Things will get ugly if the federal government doesn't check itself.

Remember guys: the Civil War was fought over states' rights, not slavery.

Things will get ugly if the federal government doesn't check itself.

Yeah, this time we might free the workers from the shackles of predatory banking.

Hey! It could happen.

I'm not counting on it though.

The constitutionality of the Social Security Act was settled in a set of Supreme Court decisions issued in May 1937. The text of those decisions, with dissents, is presented here. (We also include a brief historical essay to help general readers better understand the context of the decisions.)

Something to read if you can't fall asleep tonight.

Social Security Online

Says the retard 8 years too late.

actually 16......clinton burnt down a religous compound.....did rendition and invaded two countries and tapped phones....

Don't forget the Cuban kid in Miami.:cool:

True on some of those things. Fuck those waco's. Bush just did the same thing. But what are you going to do if you think they are raping kids? Those cults do that shit. You don't have the freedom to rape children.

Did Clinton falsely invade 2 countries? For profit? Was that proven or admitted? It has been admitted by Greenspan and many others. You throw guys like Scott McClellen & Powell under the bus, but you know they are telling the truth.

Yes, I hear they did tap phones. I'll give you that one. That's why I didn't vote for the centrist Hillary.

The cuban kid. Fuck that. He belongs with his father. You are being silly. :lol:

The solution? Require that Congress list the specific authority in the Constitution for every dime they spend. For every regulation they pass. For every Agency they have or create.

Its sad how much our Gov does that it doesn't have the right to.

So write our senators and congress men to pass some kind of law (Amendment?) to make them do that?

Lol....Im sorry...Im not laughing at you...lol

Lets add to the constitution a "You cant violate the constitution Amendment"....Lol

I say...its tea time folks.

That it is...

Nationwide Tax Day Tea Party :: April 15th, 2009

Forum List

Back