Thou Shall NOT Kill.

AVG-JOE

American Mutt
Gold Supporting Member
Mar 23, 2008
Your Imagination
Tuesday, February 24, 2009 years after Jesus told his stories...

"...The United States does not torture... "

Thank you Mr. President. Get 'er done.

-Joe

(p.s. In my humble opinion, I believe politics is the best forum for this thread, in spite of the 'Jesus' reference.)

-Joe

(p.s. In my humble opinion, I believe politics is the best forum for this thread, in spite of the 'Jesus' reference.)
of course we dont torture
and we havent

-Joe

and we havent

Dude... If we hadn't been torturing people, the President would not have made such a point of pointing out that we had been. Besides, one must admit that We, The People have been party to a lot of death since our establishment; some more righteous than others.

http://www.usmessageboard.com/law-a...zed-torture-against-guantanamo-detainees.html

-Joe

Last edited:
We... as a country, as a government, and by policy have NOT been torturing...

Have there been individuals that have... yes...

But accusing the US of torturing is like saying all Americans are murderers because of the actions of a few gang bangers

We... as a country, as a government, and by policy have NOT been torturing...

Have there been individuals that have... yes...

But accusing the US of torturing is like saying all Americans are murderers because of the actions of a few gang bangers

Our history proves otherwise, in the humble opinion of this average Joe.

"The Cavalry is coming!" is a phrase that evokes different emotions for different families living in America... It is about time we acknowledged that and set a higher bar more closely aligned with our ideals.

-Joe

So long as the history is clear that the Bush administration acted in a manner that clearly was not in line with the core principles of America we can rest somewhat easy. Fear often makes people do things they would not do in a more rational moment, and the actions of Cheney/Bush were hardly rational. The president who promised to bring morality back to Washington did just the opposite.

".... A lengthy December 18 editorial laid out a solid case that approval for torture had come from top Bush/Cheney administration officials, and then concluded that “A prosecutor should be appointed to consider criminal charges against top officials in the Pentagon and others involved in planning the abuse.” But then the paper’s editors went on after that to give Obama a pass, saying, “Given his other problems—and how far he has moved from the powerful stands he took on these issues early in the campaign—we do not hold out real hope Barack Obama, as president, will take such a politically fraught step.” In the view of Times’ conventional-thinking editors, it would appear that the American government cannot be expected to prosecute criminals and fight a recession at the same time."

Dave Lindorff: Prosecuting Bush and Cheney for Torture

Lawyer says Guantanamo abuse worse since Obama

Lawyer says Guantanamo abuse worse since Obama | Reuters

not obama's fault the animals want to "get their kicks in", as your article says, before gitmo closes.

doncha think?

As you and the article pointed out, of course it's not Obama's fault before he got into office.

That there is still shit stinking up the walls of the White House only a month into Obama's administration is not exactly the point...

For the first time in the history of this god forsaken planet, a major player on the political scene has declared in no uncertain terms that the United States will no longer be a party to torture. This is progress, yes?

-Joe

-Joe

and we havent

Dude... If we hadn't been torturing people, the President would not have made such a point of pointing out that we had been. Besides, one must admit that We, The People have been party to a lot of death since our establishment; some more righteous than others.

http://www.usmessageboard.com/law-a...zed-torture-against-guantanamo-detainees.html

-Joe
sorry, but that headline LIES
Cheney did not admit to what it claims
are you REALLY this fucking STUPID?

Cheney admits authorizing torture.

"When asked by ABC News reporter Jonathan Karl whether he approved of interrogation tactics used against a so-called "high value prisoner" at the controversial Guantanamo Bay prison, Mr. Cheney, in a break from his history of being press-shy, admitted to giving official sanctioning of torture.

"I supported it," he said regarding the practice known as "water-boarding," a form of simulated drowning."

I was aware of the program, certainly, and involved in helping get the process cleared, as the agency in effect came in and wanted to know what they could and couldn't do," Cheney said. "And they talked to me, as well as others, to explain what they wanted to do. And I supported it."
http://rawstory.com/news/2008/Cheney_admits_authorizing_detainees_torture_1215.html

Last edited:
not obama's fault the animals want to "get their kicks in", as your article says, before gitmo closes.

doncha think?

As you and the article pointed out, of course it's not Obama's fault before he got into office.

That there is still shit stinking up the walls of the White House only a month into Obama's administration is not exactly the point...

For the first time in the history of this god forsaken planet, a major player on the political scene has declared in no uncertain terms that the United States will no longer be a party to torture. This is progress, yes?

-Joe

It would be if it were true.

Cheney admits authorizing torture.

"When asked by ABC News reporter Jonathan Karl whether he approved of interrogation tactics used against a so-called "high value prisoner" at the controversial Guantanamo Bay prison, Mr. Cheney, in a break from his history of being press-shy, admitted to giving official sanctioning of torture.

"I supported it," he said regarding the practice known as "water-boarding," a form of simulated drowning."

I was aware of the program, certainly, and involved in helping get the process cleared, as the agency in effect came in and wanted to know what they could and couldn't do," Cheney said. "And they talked to me, as well as others, to explain what they wanted to do. And I supported it."
The Raw Story | Cheney admits authorizing detainee's torture
again no torture happened
he did NOT admit to torture

and we havent

-Joe

It depends on your view of stupid... what's your opinion?

-Joe

Last edited:

-Joe

It depends on your view of stupid... what's your opinion?

-Joe

-Joe
if you believe the story actually supports that title, then you are stupid

-Joe

It would be if it were true.

"Give Tiggrr some time, Eyeore!", Poo laughed. "It's an awfully big fucking mess to clean up. Give him some time."

-Joe

and we havent

-Joe

[YOUTUBE]WkILjPu3KTE[/YOUTUBE]

It's here.

Forum List

Back