Is NK on the verge of destroying the US?

Airborne nukes aren't detonated miles high. You need to read more on this subject. You are way out of your depth.

OK, shit for brains! I served my first three years in the Navy as a nuclear weapons officer. You are clueless!

You also apparently have reading comprehension problems.

In the red text above you said:

"This thread is based on an article that mentions exactly ZERO nuclear weapons."

From the link you provided:

"Congress was warned Thursday that North Korea is capable of attacking the U.S. today with a nuclear EMP bomb that could indefinitely shut down the electric power grid and kill 90 percent of "all Americans" within a year."

Now, do you want to retract your idiocy or let it stand for all the world to see?
You are either lying about your job (which appears likely), or you are just stupid. What would be the point of detonating these expensive nukes in the air if it isnt going to kill people? You are way out of your depth, liar.
:lol:

You are so far over your head in this topic it is fucking hilarious. :lol:
Popular Science thinks this claim is bullshit . Take it up with them and let me know how that goes. :laugh:

No, North Korea Can't Kill 90 Percent of Americans

I never said the claim wasn't bullshit. You just had no clue as to what you were talking about. Now, do you admit talking out of your ass on the topic and apologize for questioning my integrity?
Are you kidding me? You've provided no facts backed up with links. I don't care what you say, NK cant shut down all power for 10s of mikes (or more) with a single nuke.

Last edited:
OK, shit for brains! I served my first three years in the Navy as a nuclear weapons officer. You are clueless!

You also apparently have reading comprehension problems.

In the red text above you said:

"This thread is based on an article that mentions exactly ZERO nuclear weapons."

From the link you provided:

"Congress was warned Thursday that North Korea is capable of attacking the U.S. today with a nuclear EMP bomb that could indefinitely shut down the electric power grid and kill 90 percent of "all Americans" within a year."

Now, do you want to retract your idiocy or let it stand for all the world to see?
You are either lying about your job (which appears likely), or you are just stupid. What would be the point of detonating these expensive nukes in the air if it isnt going to kill people? You are way out of your depth, liar.

Popular Science thinks this claim is bullshit . Take it up with them and let me know how that goes. :laugh:

I never said the claim wasn't bullshit. You just had no clue as to what you were talking about. Now, do you admit talking out of your ass on the topic and apologize for questioning my integrity?
Are you kidding me? You've provided no facts backed up with links. I don't care what you say, NK cant shut down all power for 10s of mikes (or more) with a single nuke.

You did not read the link moron!

I read it before he posted it. It didn't knock out the power in Hawaii. All it did was pop some fucking light bulbs! Nice try. :laugh:

So, I still haven't heard any real numbers on how far away an EMP will shut down electricrical grids. Popping a light bulb isn't going to cut it. Popped light bulbs won't kill 90% of the US.

I read it before he posted it. It didn't knock out the power in Hawaii. All it did was pop some fucking light bulbs! Nice try. :laugh:

It was a 1.4 megaton nuclear weapon over 800 miles away!

You are so confused, you don't realize the absolute falsehoods you posted. I showed where you didn't read your own link. Then I provided a link that disproved all of the other crap you were putting out.

Do I think NK can pull this off? No way! But to claim that these weapons do exists doesn't excuse your ignorance on the topic.

So, I still haven't heard any real numbers on how far away an EMP will shut down electricrical grids. Popping a light bulb isn't going to cut it. Popped light bulbs won't kill 90% of the US.

What about the satellites it knocked out?

BTW, that weapon was over 800 miles away from Hawaii.
Did it shut down Hawaii's power? If not, what does that have to do with this debate?

You are so confused, you don't realize the absolute falsehoods you posted. I showed where you didn't read your own link. Then I provided a link that disproved all of the other crap you were putting out.

Do I think NK can pull this off? No way! But to claim that these weapons do exists doesn't excuse your ignorance on the topic.
What link have you provided that supports your claim? Let's get right to the point... how far can an EMP shut down all electrical compenents and power grids?

What link have you provided that supports your claim? Let's get right to the point... how far can an EMP shut down all electrical compenents and power grids?

That wasn't the question you asked.

There are numerous factors that go into how much damage it can case.

Try this page:

Nuclear electromagnetic pulse - Wikipedia

What about the satellites it knocked out?

BTW, that weapon was over 800 miles away from Hawaii.
Did it shut down Hawaii's power? If not, what does that have to do with this debate?

It damaged some electrical components and that was in 1962 before the widespread use of transistors and integrated circuits, i.e. no "chips" to be damaged.

There are numerous factors that go into how much damage it can case.

Try this page:

What happened to the pompous expert? Why cant you give me an answer? How many miles will an EMP shut down all power?

There are numerous factors that go into how much damage it can cause.

Try this page:

What happened to the pompous expert? Why cant you give me an answer? How many miles will an EMP shut down all power?

Can you read? I put in huge red text so you can read it. It was in the post you quoted.

Here, I'll post it again!
If you read the web page, you would now know the answer.

I am beginning to believe you are intentionally being obtuse. You don't strike me as someone who could be that stupid naturally.

Try this page:

Can you read? I put in huge red text so you can read it. It was in the post you quoted.

I am beginning to believe you are intentionally being obtuse. You don't strike me as someone who could be that stupid naturally.
Just ballpark the maximum distance then. Youre the expert. Is it 3 miles, is it 30 miles, is it 300 miles, is it 3,000 miles? How far can an EMP knock out all power? I gave the figure of 3 miles earlier, when i was talking about non nuclear EMPs. You got all pompous about it, so lets hear YOUR number for NUCLEAR EMPs.

Try this page:

Just ballpark the maximum distance then. Youre the expert. Is it 3 miles, is it 30 miles, is it 300 miles, is it 3,000 miles? How far can an EMP knock out all power? I gave the figure of 3 miles earlier, when i was talking about non nuclear EMPs. You got all pompous about it, so lets hear YOUR number for NUCLEAR EMPs.

What part of the red text did you not understand? It depends on the size of the weapon (energy yield) , how high it was detonated (altitude) , the gamma ray output, interaction with the earth's magnetic field, and any electromagnetic shielding of the targeted systems.

Of course that information is in the second paragraph of the link I gave you. I'm sorry you gave up before reading it.

Try this page:

What part of the red text did you not understand? It depends on the size of the weapon (energy yield) , how high it was detonated (altitude) , the gamma ray output, interaction with the earth's magnetic field, and any electromagnetic shielding of the targeted systems.

Of course that information is in the second paragraph of the link I gave you. I'm sorry you gave up before reading it.
Why do you keep typing all those words, when all you have to type is a number? You talk a big game, but you have no fucking clue what youre talking about.

Try this page:

Why do you keep typing all those words, when all you have to type is a number? You talk a big game, but you have no fucking clue what youre talking about.

Listen shit for brains, there is no number!

Pick a weapon yield, pick and altitude you can detonate it at, determine the gamma ray yield of the weapon, and then determine the strength of the earth's magnetic field relative to the point of detonation. Then pick a point on the ground and what system you are targeting and how well it is shielded. Only then we can determine what level of damage will occur.

I am sorry that you apparently have such a limited education that you cannot fathom the complexities of these systems.

Forum List

Back