Is Muellers Invstigation Even Legal?

Vastator

Platinum Member
Oct 14, 2014
Given the scopeless bounds this man was given; and the indeterminate point of conclusion; this man has been granted the "authority", to investigate, anyone, or any thing; as deeply as he desires, and for as long as he chooses.
These Russian indictments had to be done. Not so much for the "crimes" committed, but in order to justify the continuance of his "investigation". Prior to the Russian indictments, he had nothing to report regarding the impetus of the investigation.
As it stands now he can hire whomever he wants, who can charge whatever they like, for as long as they desire. These people can literally stay on the bankroll the rest of their lives, investigating anyone, for any thing. Including you, and me. This also means he can continue this investigation on through every upcoming election, investigate every candidate, and their affiliates at his desire. Not to mention he can leak any of the savory bits he likes, as has already been demonstrated. The longer this goes on the more I doubt the legality of this investigation from the outset...

Given the scopeless bounds this man was given; and the indeterminate point of conclusion; this man has been granted the "authority", to investigate, anyone, or any thing; as deeply as he desires, and for as long as he chooses.
These Russian indictments had to be done. Not so much for the "crimes" committed, but in order to justify the continuance of his "investigation". Prior to the Russian indictments, he had nothing to report regarding the impetus of the investigation.
As it stands now he can hire whomever he wants, who can charge whatever they like, for as long as they desire. These people can literally stay on the bankroll the rest of their lives, investigating anyone, for any thing. Including you, and me. This also means he can continue this investigation on through every upcoming election, investigate every candidate, and their affiliates at his desire. Not to mention he can leak any of the savory bits he likes, as has already been demonstrated. The longer this goes on the more I doubt the legality of this investigation from the outset...
What a bunch of desperate pap. These entities are all under indictment for exactly what his investigation was tasked with uncovering. I dont get these desperate mental gymnastics that you footsoldiers perform for Teflon Don. For one, he doesnt need it, as he is untouchable. Second, he wouldnt piss on any of you, if you were on fire.

Ken Start doesn't approve your post.

Ken Start doesn't approve your post.
Starr, dumbass.

I do think he has to limit it to the Russia investigation. Unless you work for Russians, I think you're good.

I do think he has to limit it to the Russia investigation. Unless you work for Russians, I think you're good.
But that isn’t the case. He is his own overseer, and has literally no limitations placed upon him in either scope, duration, or conclusion.

I've never seen an FBI investigation that resembles a fishing expedition until now. Since when do you begin an investigation with a supposition and then go on a scavenger hunt to try and support your supposition?

Fishing expedition?
This investigation, is basically about (the hoax claim as Trumped has repeated 100's of time) that Russia/Putin interfered in the 2016 election and how they interfered and did they get help from American citizens.
Your problem with this is, every intelligence agency (including Trump's own people) says there was definite Russian interference, much to the dismay of Trump and his little Trumpsters.
There are currently 13 indictments of Russians (foot soldiers) and Mueller will gather info and move up the chain of command to find the final answers of who, when and why.
Now, as an American citizen, who claims to be a patriot, why the complaining?
Are you OK with Russia interfering with our democratic process, that is guaranteed by the Constitution, that hundreds of thousands of Americans died to protect?
Are you turning your back on your country, because this investigation may tarnish Trump's presidency? If so, well then you really aren't much of a patriot.

I've never seen an FBI investigation that resembles a fishing expedition until now. Since when do you begin an investigation with a supposition and then go on a scavenger hunt to try and support your supposition?

Fishing expedition?
This investigation, is basically about (the hoax claim as Trumped has repeated 100's of time) that Russia/Putin interfered in the 2016 election and how they interfered and did they get help from American citizens.
Your problem with this is, every intelligence agency (including Trump's own people) says there was definite Russian interference, much to the dismay of Trump and his little Trumpsters.
There are currently 13 indictments of Russia (foot soldiers) and Mueller will gather info and move up the chain of command to find the final answers of who, when and why.
Are you OK with Russia interfering with our democratic process, that is guaranteed by the Constitution, that hundreds of thousands of Americans died to protect?
Are you turning your back on your country, because this investigation may tarnish Trump's presidency? If so, well then you really aren't much of a patriot.
Stop right there. At your first paragraph. This started as an investigation into “collusion”. Not Russian interference. So dont try the old slight of hand, mission creep BS.

Fishing expedition?
There are currently 13 indictments of Russia (foot soldiers) and Mueller will gather info and move up the chain of command to find the final answers of who, when and why.
Stop right there. At your first paragraph. This started as an investigation into “collusion”. Not Russian interference. So dont try the old slight of hand, mission creep BS.

Wrong, oh Kool-aid drinker.
Mueller was appointed to investigate (1) any Russian interference in the 2016 election (which, despite Trump's refusal admit there was) and (2) and during the said investigation, to see if there were any connections with the Trump campaign. In other words, he isn't investigating, solely Trump.
=============================================
Since May 2017, a Special Counsel investigation has been led by the current United States Special Counsel, Robert Mueller, the former Director of the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI). The investigation is looking into Russian interference in the 2016 United States elections, including exploring any links or coordination between Donald Trump's 2016 presidential campaign and the Russian government
Special Counsel investigation (2017–present) - Wikipedia
==============================================
However, a fellow prosecutor has noted that Mueller is using the same approach with this investigation, that he used when he brought down the Gambino crime family. So guess I can understand your concern.

The OP's statement that Mueller's power is limitless does not even post his remit from the Asst Attorney General.

Thus OP's premise is merely a disturbed POV without any support.

Fishing expedition?

Mueller was appointed to investigate (1) any Russian interference in the 2016 election (which, despite Trump's refusal admit there was) and (2) and during the said investigation, to see if there were any connections with the Trump campaign. In other words, he isn't investigating, solely Trump.
=============================================
Since May 2017, a Special Counsel investigation has been led by the current United States Special Counsel, Robert Mueller, the former Director of the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI). The investigation is looking into Russian interference in the 2016 United States elections, including exploring any links or coordination between Donald Trump's 2016 presidential campaign and the Russian government
Special Counsel investigation (2017–present) - Wikipedia
==============================================
However, a fellow prosecutor has noted that Mueller is using the same approach with this investigation, that he used when he brought down the Gambino crime family. So guess I can understand your concern.

Concern? Pffft. Here is my concern. We have tied up our intelligence agencies on an open ended scavenger hunt to hopefully find what we know already happens. Super powers mess with each other. BFD. Obama was involved in a half a dozen scandals that didn't even draw a raised eyebrow from our so-called intelligence agencies. This is a total waste of time based on a Liberal pipe dream.

Sorry, but he was appointed to investigate collusion. Literally the main priority as stated on the order is to investigate "any possible links and/or coordination between the Russian govt and individuals associated with the Trump campaign"

Sorry, but he was appointed to investigate collusion
Wrong:

"
APPOINTMENT OF SPECIAL COUNSEL
TO INVESTIGATE RUSSIAN INTERFERENCE WITH THE
2016 PRESIDENTIAL ELECTION AND RELATED MATTERS
By virtue of the authority vested in me as Acting Attorney General, including 28 U.S.C.
§§ 509, 510, and 515, in order to discharge my responsibility to provide supervision and
management of the Department of Justice, and to ensure a full and thorough investigation of the
Russian govemmenfs efforts to interfere in the 2016 presidential election, I hereby order as
follows:

"

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sou...FjABegQIChAB&usg=AOvVaw1SqdnWh8NhHrY-ZKbp_ITi

Sorry, but he was appointed to investigate collusion. Literally the main priority as stated on the order is to investigate "any possible links and/or coordination between the Russian govt and individuals associated with the Trump campaign"
In an order announcing the appointment, Rosenstein explained he had taken the decision “to ensure a full and thorough investigation of the Russian government’s efforts to interfere in the 2016 presidential election”, including “any links and/or coordination between the Russian government and individuals associated with the campaign of President Donald Trump”.

Former FBI head Robert Mueller to oversee Trump-Russia investigation

Wrong:

"
By virtue of the authority vested in me as Acting Attorney General, including 28 U.S.C.
§§ 509, 510, and 515, in order to discharge my responsibility to provide supervision and
management of the Department of Justice, and to ensure a full and thorough investigation of the
Russian govemmenfs efforts to interfere in the 2016 presidential election, I hereby order as
follows:

"

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sou...FjABegQIChAB&usg=AOvVaw1SqdnWh8NhHrY-ZKbp_ITi

111.jpg

Wrong:

"
follows:

"

View attachment 177590
Right, that was ADDED on top of the already existing investigation of Russian interference in the 2016 election --as the order we presented CLEARLY demonstrates -- due to idiot-boy's firing of Comey.

Comey investigated Russian interference. Idiot-boy fired Comey. Special counsel then apppinted to investigate BOTH Russian meddling and possible collusion with members of the idiot-boy campaign.

How are you not getting this?

Forum List

Back