Is Mexico becoming a failed state?

Well, if Mexico isn't a failed state already, it will be soon if they don't make some drastic changes. I don't see how they're going to accomplish that with how deep the corruption seems to have spread into government where the people can't trust them that their own mayors, etc., won't kill them for just disagreements. What a mess!

As I have repeatedly said, the only way to get rid of the drug cartels is to dry up the market!!!!!

As I have repeatedly said, the only way to get rid of the drug cartels is to dry up the market!!!!!

And how do you propose "we" do that? And why is our responsibility to take care of another nation's problems? The only way we could really "take care of things" there is to send in troops and take over. Is that what you want us to do?

Chris -

It's no your responsibility to fix Mexico, but it is in your own best interests.

I don't think sending in troops is an option, but I do think ensuring that guns can not pass from the US to Mexico - and that drugs can not pass from Mexico to the US might be prioritised. Perhaps more could be done to arrest Mexican mafia types on US soil to avoid the vagueries of the Mexican justice system?

Chris -

It's no your responsibility to fix Mexico, but it is in your own best interests.

I don't think sending in troops is an option, but I do think ensuring that guns can not pass from the US to Mexico - and that drugs can not pass from Mexico to the US might be prioritised. Perhaps more could be done to arrest Mexican mafia types on US soil to avoid the vagueries of the Mexican justice system?

Hmm. That would mean to tighten up on border security, and we all know that the Obama administration is very resistant to even discussing that.

Mexico is not a "state". It is a country that has states.

The United States has killed Mexico's agriculture and manufacturing.

Now that Obama has effectively closed the border, just about the only traffic from there now are the drugs Americans buy.

We need to address that fact.

Forum List

Back