Is McCain in the Early Stages of Dementia?

Discussion in 'Congress' started by rayboyusmc, Sep 19, 2008.

1. rayboyusmc

rayboyusmc Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +338
    Mc Mumbles got the wrong man for the head of Spain. He keeps changing his idea on government regulation. He thinks he can fire the head of SEC as president. He kept repeating the selling the jet on ebay even when told it was wrong, he flip flops on things like tax exemptions for the rich, and he puts winning above picking a qualified second in command.

We know for a fact now that Reagan was already into early stages of Alzheimers during the latter part of his presidency.

What kind of medical evidence has he produced to give US more confidence in his cognitive abilities?

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  2. Care4all

Care4all Warrior Princess Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +11,098
    Honestly, when i saw that clip on the Spain leader thingy....and with him on confusing the Shia with Sunnis and alqaeda where lieberman had to step in etc, it did cross my mind that it is possible that dimentia was setting in....

it could be that he is just tired, after all even obama has made some flub ups like visiting 57 states comment....

it still is something to watch...

3. rayboyusmc

rayboyusmc Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +338
    I didn't see the transcript on the 57 states. It is possible to visit 57 states. It just isn't 57 different states.

4. strollingbones

strollingbones Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +31,971
    i think this mocking of mccain is uncalled for. I may not agree with the man but I do have respect for a man who served and was a pow. I think its full game for things we know...his comment on the economy but to say he is demented goes too far....my two cents. have some damned respect for a man who was a pow for 5 years or more.

5. rayboyusmc

rayboyusmc Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +338
    Mocking, my butt. I think it is a valid question. If we had known that Reagan would have alzheimers while in office on his second term, would we have elected him?

I can respect his previous service, but I do not have to respect his current behavior. That is bullcrap.

6. hjmick

hjmick Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +7,119
    :yawn:

7. Caligirl

Caligirl Oh yes it is too!

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +240

The spain thing sounded all the world to me like he couldn't understand the woman and was pinch hitting with generalities, which were reasonable if not taken as responses to her questions. I think he didn't understand her, maybe a combination of a thick accent and declining hearing, but not dementia. He obviously didn't understand everything she said, and I think this is being blown out of proportion.

Obama's 57 states thing was on Snopes (urban legend debunkers) and that was blown out of proportion too.

If there *is* any sign of dementia, it would be stuff like how he has rolled out several conflicting responses to the financial stuff in as many days.

8. Navy1960

Navy1960 Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,189
    I suppose it must be catching then ray, shall we review a few of Obama more notable ones?

* In front of an Audience in Alabama, he thought he was born in 1965, i.e.
    March across the Bridge., His Birthday is 1961

* He thinks the Americans along with his Uncle liberated Auschwitz, Psst the Russians did.

* He thinks 10,000 people died in Kansas , when the real number was 12.

* He see's fallen Heros in the audience like last memorial day in New Mexico.

* He thinks a good reason to end the war in Iraq is free up Arab speaking Interpreters to
    go to Afghanistan. One problem its a non Arabic speaking country.

* He blamed George Bush for Hugo Chavez comming to power in Venezula . Only problem there is he came to power during the Clinton Administration.

The problem with taking a gaffe and saying that is somehow shows a weakness on a subject,it does tend to make others want to highlight the other guy in the same way.

9. strollingbones

strollingbones Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +31,971
    dementia is something that a person cannot help or control. plus fyi i never voted for reagan. wanted to clear that up real fast...

so please dont use the royal "we" when it comes to my voting for whomever.

10. Baron

Baron Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +925
    Maybe you're right.