Is Love A Feeling?

Road Runner

Take Back America In 2024 Vote Trump!
Jun 16, 2021
USA
If you say that you have feelings for somebody it means that you love them. Yet other feelings like anger and sadness come and go. If love is true it's often permanent. Why is that? Just some random thoughts.

If you say that you have feelings for somebody it means that you love them. Yet other feelings like anger and sadness come and go. If love is true it's often permanent. Why is that? Just some random thoughts.
Anger and sadness are just as permanent as love. Love is just as fleeting as anger. Not as permanent as hate. Hate can last generations.

Getting into the long term attachment phase of a relationship can take years or it may not happen at all. It is nothing like like a fleeting emotion. It is the lavish reward for learning how to coexist with someone.

The Bible speaks of 4 different distinct loves.

Eros, sexual, passionate love...

Storge, family love, love for your child, your parent.

Philia, brotherly love, love for friends, neighbors

Agape, God's divine Love.
----------------------------------------------------

If you are talking about love for one's husband, I think with me and Matt it was with no doubt, Eros....in the beginning.... but it grew over the past 34 years in to a little bit of all the other Biblical love as well....I think only then, is when you know it is true love, forever love, Godly love... When you truly are separate, but also one....you just can't imagine going through all the ups and downs in life, without them...they are you, you are them... It's weird, hard to describe....

Otherwise, love can be solely Eros love, and is Just as fleeting as anger, it comes and goes....

Anger and sadness are just as permanent as love. Love is just as fleeting as anger. Not as permanent as hate. Hate can last generations.
I have to agree. There are things concerning certain people who have been in my life that I will never have the ability to forget about and so even though I may have it in me to forgive those people, I do not have it in me to trust them again and in my opinion, if the trust is gone, what's the point in a person continuing to have anything more to do with whoever it is that they no longer trust?

God bless you always!!!

Holly

Forum List

Back