Is LESS Police LESS Firemen LESS Teachers an effective campaign strategy?

The FED has ZERO business GRANTING SHIT to local governments for ANYTHING. All it does is get thier foot in the door to dictacte terms, and ENSLAVE them.:eusa_hand::eusa_hand::eusa_hand:

Firefighters and Police force are a LOCAL MATTER.

Sorry...YOU FAIL.

So I presume if your home is on fire, and the local fire department is federally subsidized - you'll turn them away and put out the flames yourself, right?

What PART of LOCAL and the Constitution don't YOU understand asshat?:eusa_hand:

FED gives boubles and trinquests just like they do citizens for DEPENDENCY.

YOU know quite well what I am talking about.

The Constitution states very well where the FED doesn't belong. YOU WELCOME thier intrusion for the purpose of CONTROL.

YOU may FUCK OFF NOW...:eusa_hand:

IDIOT.

So I presume if your home is on fire, and the local fire department is federally subsidized - you'll turn them away and put out the flames yourself, right?

Is that a yes or a no?

Tommy the drunk said:
The federal government provides billions of dollars in grants to the states for the hiring and training of teachers, firemen, and cops.

Therefore, cutting those grants would reduce the number of teachers, firemen, and cops.

It is astonishing there are people who do not know this.

Have you people never listened to a State of the Union address?
135891.jpg

nice job, tommy

FUCK OFF Ostrich BOY. YOU are out of your league. :eusa_hand:

Cuts will work til the general public notices what exactly "spending cuts" entails.

They won't like any reduction in services and will just vote in Dems if conservatives get what they want. Americans are spoiled by government, so much so many don't value what they have.

Apparently some on this site fail to understand the distinction between local/state funding and Federal spending. So when you fuck up your state then turn to the government and everyone else to bail your sorry pathetic ass out? The issue is current entitlements, funding existing, and projected liabilities that are already on the books of states and federal government. The fact that Americans don't have the guts nor intelligence to adopt austerity programs speaks volumes as to the financial future of this country.

Last edited:
Apparently some on this site fail to understand the distinction between local/state funding and Federal spending. So when you fuck up your state then turn to the government and everyone else to bail your sorry pathetic ass out? The issue is current entitlements and funding existing and projected liabilities that are already on the books of states and federal government. The fact that Americans don't have the guts nor intelligence to adopt austerity programs speaks volumes as to the financial future of this country.

Indeed. I WANT GOVERNMENT TO FAIL.

We've all seen the now famous video of Mitt Romney saying "Cut Back On Government" and then identifying that government we need to cut back on as "Police, Firemen and Teachers".

Mitt Romney Criticizes President Obama For Wanting To Hire More Police, Firemen and Teachers - YouTube

---------------------------------------------

It seems to me this is not an "effective campaign strategy". Especially with headlines about terrorists shooting up movie theaters and attacking a religious site. I would think Americans want MORE Police.

-------------------------------------------

Romney Challenged on How Much Class Size Matters - ABC News

“And I can’t think of a parent that would say I would like my teacher to be in a room with a lot of kids and only one teacher,” Morris continued. “So I’m wondering where this research comes from.”

That from a Philadelphia teacher. Romney's quick response:

“All the talk about we need smaller classroom size … that’s promoted by the teachers unions to hire more teachers,” he said.

-----------------------------------------------

And worst of all:

Monster wildfire rages in Colorado (+video) - CSMonitor.com

LESS FIREFIGHTERS????

Honestly, I don't know what to say.

------------------------------------------------

So the question is, "Is this really a winning strategy"?

I know USMB Republicans rush to defend Mitt and say his words were taken out of context OR they actually believe we need LESS Police, Firmen and Teachers.

I think the real problem for the right wing is this is the most complex country on earth, technologically and socially, at a time when the world is the most complex, and they want a tiny government that can't do anything. The problem is that such small thinking leaves the country open to attack in ways other than military. Cyber terrorism, trade wars, education, science. Just when we need a complex and flexible government, they want to tear down ours and replace it with "every man for himself". And the ridiculous chant of "you need government to do it for you", when the reality is, "There are some things only government can do", but Republicans simply can't imagine what they are. I'm guessing they are too busy imagining the President is a Kenyan Mau Mau Marxist.

fewer, not less

a good teacher would have taught you that, deanie.

So you are saying you agree with his "message"?

Since when does the federal government hire local and state police, firemen and teachers?

Stop confusing local issues with federal
He knows it. I kind of hope that dean and the rest of the left run with this. A perfect opportunity to showcase just how little they know about how this government is supposed to run.

We've all seen the now famous video of Mitt Romney saying "Cut Back On Government" and then identifying that government we need to cut back on as "Police, Firemen and Teachers".

Mitt Romney Criticizes President Obama For Wanting To Hire More Police, Firemen and Teachers - YouTube

It seems to me this is not an "effective campaign strategy". Especially with headlines about terrorists shooting up movie theaters and attacking a religious site. I would think Americans want MORE Police.

“And I can’t think of a parent that would say I would like my teacher to be in a room with a lot of kids and only one teacher,” Morris continued. “So I’m wondering where this research comes from.”

“All the talk about we need smaller classroom size … that’s promoted by the teachers unions to hire more teachers,” he said.

And worst of all:

LESS FIREFIGHTERS????

I know USMB Republicans rush to defend Mitt and say his words were taken out of context OR they actually believe we need LESS Police, Firmen and Teachers.

I think the real problem for the right wing is this is the most complex country on earth, technologically and socially, at a time when the world is the most complex, and they want a tiny government that can't do anything. The problem is that such small thinking leaves the country open to attack in ways other than military. Cyber terrorism, trade wars, education, science. Just when we need a complex and flexible government, they want to tear down ours and replace it with "every man for himself". And the ridiculous chant of "you need government to do it for you", when the reality is, "There are some things only government can do", but Republicans simply can't imagine what they are. I'm guessing they are too busy imagining the President is a Kenyan Mau Mau Marxist.

fewer, not less

NO YOU can't READ and are blinded by partisanship.

You're a blind, vapid, Shallow partisan Deany. Scads of people have told you this...but yet here you are despensing the same Yaksqueeze.

WHY?

Are YOU this stupid on purpose, or are YOU being PAID for it?

And worst of all:

LESS FIREFIGHTERS????

fewer, not less

No, he is saying that if a person does not know the difference between fewer and less, then they probably don't comprehend what they read anyway. So, its okay to simply disregard it.

Since when does the federal government hire local and state police, firemen and teachers?

This thread just shows how ignorant RDean is; he has no clue about how government services are provided for and by which sources of revenue. This OPmakes a person think he pays no property taxes.

Do you rent or live in a mobile home Dean?

Last edited:
...Firemen...

We've already established that the Federal government has no authority to fund cops, firefighters and teachers, but let's take your argument that we need more firemen.

Why do you think that is the case?

The number of fatalities and injuries caused by fires has declined steadily over the past several decades*. So, why do we need more firefighters?

Hmmm????

Anyone taking odds that Deanie boy will not return to clean up this stinking pile of shit he's left for all of us to enjoy?

*According to the USFA, the number of fires, fire casualties, and economic losses has continued to decline over the last several years. From 1992-2001, fires per million population declined 204 percent, deaths per million declined 30 percent, and dollar loss per capita declined 6 percent. This data is confirmed by comparing it with the National Fire Protection Administration’s (NFPA) data on national fire trends from 1977- 2004. The NFPA data shows that in 1977, there were a total of 3,264,000 fires nationwide, resulting in 7,395 civilian deaths and 31,190 civilian injuries. In 2004, this number dropped to a total of 1,550,500 fires, 3,900 civilian deaths, and 17,785 civilian injuries nationwide

What's the matter Dean, your own stench too much for you?

fewer, not less

No, he is saying that if a person does not know the difference between fewer and less, then they probably don't comprehend what they read anyway. So, its okay to simply disregard it.

Is that all you got? Less is an amount like volume. Fewer means a smaller count. But that's "Old English". Who uses "Old English" when trying to fit as much into as small a space as possible.

Remember, you have to fit words into a very small space.

Fewer fewer fewer

less less less

Fewer letters using "less".

few  [fyoo] Show IPA
Part of Speech: adjective
Definition: hardly any
Synonyms: exiguous, few and far between, imperceptible, inconsequential, inconsiderable, infrequent, insufficient, lean, less, meager, middling, minor, minority, minute, negligible, not many, not too many, occasional, paltry, petty, piddling, rare, scant, scanty, scarce, scarcely any, scattered, scattering, seldom, semioccasional, short, skimpy, slender, slight, slim, some, sparse, sporadic, stingy, straggling, thin, trifling, uncommon, unfrequent, widely spaced

Few Synonyms, Few Antonyms | Thesaurus.com

Nice Try!

NEXT!

The federal government provides billions of dollars in grants to the states for the hiring and training of teachers, firemen, and cops.

Therefore, cutting those grants would reduce the number of teachers, firemen, and cops.

There have been many, many links proving exactly what you just stated and yet, the posts of these right wingers are just plain ignorant denying what anyone with Google can easily find out. It's really sad.

ABSOLUTELY YES!!!!
How stupid that idiots think for example as this illustrates..
I was listening to a duncehead female radio personality in FL when she heard FL may outlaw text while driving..."Well I guess if it became a law, I'd obey the law"!!!

Seriously!! And this totally illustrates the mentality of idiots WITH NO Common SENSE!
The laws of physics TRUMP laws of man every time!
Think folks... this idiot illustrates that the ONLY reason NOT to text is it would be against the law!
NOT that it is stupid .. totally insane to take your eyes off the road when at 30 mph your car's travel 44 feet in one second!

And this is so true of this thread!

Why not spend as much on teaching the Golden Rule.. that laws of physics are superior then laws of man.
Give practical examples show physical laws can't be broke!

Little kids are learning about "global warming" everywhere!
Teach the practical reason for treating others as you would have others treat you would reduce the need for more laws of man!

I have memorized the keyboard on the phone. Text with one hand and drive with the other and never take my eyes off the road.

There have been many, many links proving exactly what you just stated and yet, the posts of these right wingers are just plain ignorant denying what anyone with Google can easily find out. It's really sad.

And OBAMA recruited Google awhile ago,didn't he?

You SAP.

OBAMA recruited SPIES:eusa_hand:

And worst of all:

LESS FIREFIGHTERS????

fewer, not less

deanie, i didn't even read it.

i assume anyone who can't speak english properly doesn't have a lot to offer.

And worst of all:

LESS FIREFIGHTERS????

i would say something Dean......but you will no doubt leave this thread like you do all your others.....so why bother.....besides Franco's threads are getting to be more exciting than yours.....

Harry predicted it again....rdean if you keep making him look so perceptive, he really will start his own religion!

i counted approx. 15 threads that Dean started and ran from when the questions started.....the guy is a fraud.....Dudly doright and Chris are the same way....start a thread.....2 or 3 questions later.....:scared1:

i would say something Dean......but you will no doubt leave this thread like you do all your others.....so why bother.....besides Franco's threads are getting to be more exciting than yours.....

Harry predicted it again....rdean if you keep making him look so perceptive, he really will start his own religion!

i counted approx. 15 threads that Dean started and ran from when the questions started.....the guy is a fraud.....Dudly doright and Chris are the same way....start a thread.....2 or 3 questions later.....:scared1:

15? Come on. You don't know that many numbers. Your fingers and thumbs are only tattooed to 10.

Forum List

Back