Is Lebron the greatest?

You should watch Miguel Cabrera. Its like watching babe Ruth.

Realize you are watching the goat when you watch lebron.

But yet still I agree Jordan would beat lebron. Lebron is the goat physically but mj owned every team for 6 years. Just the way mj did it. He would school lebron with his tongue hanging out. And he was more tenacious D.
What do you say to the 30% that say Jordan would beat Lebron now? Jordan at 52, would beat Lebron now?
They're batshit crazy. But if Jordan somehow pulled it off, how surprised would we be?

Mike would have shut lebron down. That's what's missing in lebrons game. The tenacious D.

But yet still I agree Jordan would beat lebron. Lebron is the goat physically but mj owned every team for 6 years. Just the way mj did it. He would school lebron with his tongue hanging out. And he was more tenacious D.
What do you say to the 30% that say Jordan would beat Lebron now? Jordan at 52, would beat Lebron now?
They're batshit crazy. But if Jordan somehow pulled it off, how surprised would we be?

Mike would have shut lebron down. That's what's missing in lebrons game. The tenacious D.

MJ would've been so deep in Lebrons head...

Lebron's never faced anything like that.

Funny. Jordan was out of it in washington over ten years ago. In fact Jordan knew when to walk away from the bulls. They werent going to win 4 in a row. He was smart to go out on top. No one faults him for washington. He was old by then and was still pretty good. Almost made the playoffs.
He's a shitty owner.
You know who sucks? Isaiah thomas the former pistons. He sucked running toronto Indiana and new York if I'm not mistaken.

Absolutely. I'm jumping back off the lebron band wagon. Not tenacious enough. But he can be. Just seems everytime lebron came up across a defensive minded team they've been able to shut him down. He's so naturally damn good he doesnt even have to try. Physically lebron is the best athlete but Jordan was way more competitive and he thirsted to win. Lebron gets shut down or worse cramps.

Why is no one as competitive as magic bird and the bad boys. I think mj grew up on some very in your face basketball.

Or is the NBA lacking talent ..........
It is what it is. Hard to say if the 03 Kobe shaq Lakers were better than the 2014 spurs for example.
I'll tell you what, I'd bet my fortune that the '03 Lakers beat any of the teams Lebron's been on. And that's not necessarily a dig at Lebron, just a tip of the hat to the Lakers that year.

And I'll be Goddamned if ANY TEAM IN NBA HISTORY takes out the '91 - '98 Bulls with Jordan in ANY number of series. Period.
Bison Dele aka Brian Williams. He was murdered by his brother. At sea. Body never found. Dont know what happened to his brother.
Bison Dele - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia interesting!

We have this debate every year. The answer: NO
That's probably the quote of the day!
You aren't being fair to lebron if nothing he does this year or next can change your mind. Then you sound like an old guy talking about rocky marciano.

Or it doesn't matter how good Lebron is in this era, he isn't on par with what Jordan was. Besides going to the finals isn't the yardstick measurement for greatness, it's how many rings you actually have. Jordan has 6 and Lebron has 2 as of now.

We have this debate every year. The answer: NO
That's probably the quote of the day!
You aren't being fair to lebron if nothing he does this year or next can change your mind. Then you sound like an old guy talking about rocky marciano.

Or it doesn't matter how good Lebron is in this era, he isn't on par with what Jordan was. Besides going to the finals isn't the yardstick measurement for greatness, it's how many rings you actually have. Jordan has 6 and Lebron has 2 as of now.
Funny most say the opposite. You can't blame James for a bad team effort. Did his roleplayers do their jobs?

Lebron could get any team to the finals. He's that damn good.

But against each other mj eats his lunch. Maybe or probably the competition isnt as good yet. Right now its a young league.

Lebron James has just done something no one has done since Bill Russell. He's gone to 5 straight NBA Finals. And this year, he's done it with a bunch of bit players and one hobbled superstar.

Michael didn't do this. His first 6 years in the NBA, he was 0-6. It wasn't until he got Pippen, did he take off and win 6 championships. Which makes Lebron's feat, all the more impressive.

So the question is, in light of the above, is Lebron the greatest ever?
Lebron won 2 when they should have won 3 or 4. Lebron played how many years in cleveland and didn't win a ring and he hasn't won his 3rd yet. He can't be better than mike until he wins a few more.

Plus one on one mj was better defensively. And if lebron scored 30 mj would have scored 31.

Mj played much tougher teams. Lebron lost to dirk in Dallas. Mj would not have. Then got spanked by Duncan. Lebron is 2 for 4. Let's see what happens against curry.

The reason I have a hard time rating Lebron as GOAT is what does he do better than every other player historically? The closest thing I can think of is finishing in the open floor. For me, that's not enough.

Lebron James has just done something no one has done since Bill Russell. He's gone to 5 straight NBA Finals. And this year, he's done it with a bunch of bit players and one hobbled superstar.

Michael didn't do this. His first 6 years in the NBA, he was 0-6. It wasn't until he got Pippen, did he take off and win 6 championships. Which makes Lebron's feat, all the more impressive.

Lebron won 2 when they should have won 3 or 4. Lebron played how many years in cleveland and didn't win a ring and he hasn't won his 3rd yet. He can't be better than mike until he wins a few more.

Plus one on one mj was better defensively. And if lebron scored 30 mj would have scored 31.

Mj played much tougher teams. Lebron lost to dirk in Dallas. Mj would not have. Then got spanked by Duncan. Lebron is 2 for 4. Let's see what happens against curry.

More like should've won 0 or 1 of 4. Pop gave Miami the back to back in 2013. Stern robbed the Spurs of being there in 2012; and weak ass OKC was in the Finals instead.

And frankly, why was it 4 and now 5? It's cos the East has been historically worse than it's ever been!

I remember him on my Pistons team. He was GOOD! I thought he won a championship with is in 2004 but I guess not.

Before the start of the 1999-00 season, Dele, who was 30 years old and the highest-paid Pistons player, shocked the organization when he announced he was walking from the remaining five years on his contract and $36.45 million.

His brother, who killed him, OD'd and died so he took with him what happened. But we all know he fed him and the others to the sharks.

Lebron is great. One of the greatest. Jordan is just A1 and he's A2. And it's how Jordan won. 3 in a row. Then another 3 in a row. Unbeatable. Did Lebron ever win back to back championships? Maybe with the Heat? And he needed two other great players to get it done. It's like Durant's championship with Golden State. BFD. Look at what Durant did in Oklahoma and New Jersey.

Even Tim Duncan is a better champion than Lebron. If you had to pick one. If they were both in the draft. Would you take Lebron or Tim Duncan? Tim has 5 Lebron now has 4. And Tim did it all on one team, as the leader. He didn't go cherry pick and go to another team that was close and he put them over the hump. Anyways, I don't want to dog Lebron because he's a god. Mad respect. But Jordan is the GOAT.

You have to take everything into account. Have you seen the 7 part documentary on the Bulls? Michael was a dick. Super competitive. Pushed everyone HARD. HARD!!! Lebron is not that kind of leader who INSISTS on excellence or there will be problems. He got in fist fights with guys. He picked on guys if they were slacking. He was able to get Rodman to focus and deliver. Lebron couldn't have controlled Dennis Rodman.

All this is why MJ is the greatest and why his team won 6 championships. 6!

Do you know how hard it is to repeat? He THREEpeated TWICE. I truly hope no one ever dominates like that ever again unless it's the Piston's because those were 6 frustrating years. Lebron hasn't frustrated me with his winning. He's frustrated me with being in the finals every year because his teams dominated the weak East. But then he got whipped in the finals most years. That's his legacy.

Now compare that with 3peating twice. Fuck. MJ, you are the GOAT.

Forum List

Back