Is Lebron the greatest?

Billo_Really

Litre of the Band
Aug 14, 2005
Long Beach, Ca
Lebron James has just done something no one has done since Bill Russell. He's gone to 5 straight NBA Finals. And this year, he's done it with a bunch of bit players and one hobbled superstar.

Michael didn't do this. His first 6 years in the NBA, he was 0-6. It wasn't until he got Pippen, did he take off and win 6 championships. Which makes Lebron's feat, all the more impressive.

So the question is, in light of the above, is Lebron the greatest ever?

We have this debate every year. The answer: NO

Blah blah blah youre a jordan hater. Wash rinse repeat

LeBron is great, Kobe is great, Michael is great.

Any of the above would sacrifice the other two to play alongside of Oscar Robertson.

Lebron James has just done something no one has done since Bill Russell. He's gone to 5 straight NBA Finals. And this year, he's done it with a bunch of bit players and one hobbled superstar.

Michael didn't do this. His first 6 years in the NBA, he was 0-6. It wasn't until he got Pippen, did he take off and win 6 championships. Which makes Lebron's feat, all the more impressive.

Mj dominated for 6 years and was competitive with the Celtics pistons and Lakers before that. 3 of the greatest teams and he seemed to retire all of them.

The heat didn't even make the playoffs in the weak east without lebron.

Lebron almost won before he went to Miami. He broke up the 2004 championship pistons when he knocked them out in 06 or 07. I did think it was pussy of lebron to go to Miami but cleveland wasn't going to win and lebron wanted some rings. I think he's dissapointed in Miami he only won 2 with them.

I'm going from a hater to a fan. If lebron went to any NBA team they be in the finals next year. They might not win but Jordan didn't win in washington with rip Hamilton.

Will lebron win 6 championships? I hope not. Curry this year and Durant next.

Or is the NBA lacking talent ..........
I will admit washington? I know paul pierce. Atlanta? I can't name one guy on that team. The clippers? Memphis? I know gasols on that team. Golden state has one guy I know. Lebrons the only stud on his team. Or hof'er. But that just means a young league. We know Durant's good but can his sidekick westbrook be the pippen? Harden is worthy but saddled with loser Dwight. Can Curry's roleplayers step up like Steve Kerr or Bob horry? I'm starting to think curry doesnt have the experience to beat lebron.

Finally lebron is the master. The elder. No dirk or Duncan to teach him a lesson. Lebrons gonna be the teacher.

Or lebron will chock like he has so many other finals.

Lebron's name has to be in the conversation. I think he might be the best playing today, but I think maybe Wilt Chamberlain

Any of the above would sacrifice the other two to play alongside of Oscar Robertson.
Mike, Lebron, and the big O could all look each other in the eye and claim they were the best.

Put a gun to my head, and I'd bet that Mike in his prime beats Lebron at least 51 times out of 100. Oscar was before my time; and I've read up on him and seen the video, but I get no emotion from it the way I do with the true GOAT's like Ruth and Gretzky.

Lebron's name has to be in the conversation. I think he might be the best playing today, but I think maybe Wilt Chamberlain
I bet he at least made the eastern or western conference finals every year. Shaq dominated for several years.

What great teams have their been since Jordan left? Lakers pistons spurs seemed to rule all those years. Then shaq went to Miami and they dominated a couple years. Who am I forgetting? I mean prior to lebron. Before lebron after Kobe and shaq and the spurs. No other teams.

It is what it is. Hard to say if the 03 Kobe shaq Lakers were better than the 2014 spurs for example.
I'll tell you what, I'd bet my fortune that the '03 Lakers beat any of the teams Lebron's been on. And that's not necessarily a dig at Lebron, just a tip of the hat to the Lakers that year.

And I'll be Goddamned if ANY TEAM IN NBA HISTORY takes out the '91 - '98 Bulls with Jordan in ANY number of series. Period.

Mike, Lebron, and the big O could all look each other in the eye and claim they were the best.

Put a gun to my head, and I'd bet that Mike in his prime beats Lebron at least 51 times out of 100. Oscar was before my time; and I've read up on him and seen the video, but I get no emotion from it the way I do with the true GOAT's like Ruth and Gretzky.
You should watch Miguel Cabrera. Its like watching babe Ruth.

Realize you are watching the goat when you watch lebron.

But yet still I agree Jordan would beat lebron. Lebron is the goat physically but mj owned every team for 6 years. Just the way mj did it. He would school lebron with his tongue hanging out. And he was more tenacious D.

It is what it is. Hard to say if the 03 Kobe shaq Lakers were better than the 2014 spurs for example.
I'll tell you what, I'd bet my fortune that the '03 Lakers beat any of the teams Lebron's been on. And that's not necessarily a dig at Lebron, just a tip of the hat to the Lakers that year.

And I'll be Goddamned if ANY TEAM IN NBA HISTORY takes out the '91 - '98 Bulls with Jordan in ANY number of series. Period.
It was such a surprise when the pistons beat the Lakers in 04. Lucky for us Kobe and shaq couldn't get along. Wouldnt that have been 3 in a row for Kobe and shaq? Loved it!

I think people give the bull roleplayers too much credit. From bj Armstrong to Dennis rodman it seems they plugged in lots of different roleplayers and yes they did their jobs but let's not forget just how dominant mj was. Yes it was great to have pippen but everyone else was just along for the ride.

I remember one of the last years the bulls won we got their center and he was pretty good but nothing special. I think someone died out on a boat? I'll have to go look it up but like lebron as long as the roleplayers do their jobs they should be alright.

You aren't being fair to lebron if nothing he does this year or next can change your mind.
I'm just asking the question.

Personally, I think the greatest ever was Wilt Chamberlain.

Then you sound like an old guy talking about rocky marciano.
Don't even go there!

49 fights, 49 wins and 41 knockouts is quite an achievement.

Unless you're Archie Moore, he's the only undefeated heavyweight champion, in the history of the sport.

You should watch Miguel Cabrera. Its like watching babe Ruth.

Realize you are watching the goat when you watch lebron.

But yet still I agree Jordan would beat lebron. Lebron is the goat physically but mj owned every team for 6 years. Just the way mj did it. He would school lebron with his tongue hanging out. And he was more tenacious D.
I love Miggy man, but he's no Ruth. The only person I've seen who can compare to Ruth is Barry Bonds, and he's a shameless cheating bastard. Btw my man Bryce Harper just hit #18. Not that I'm implying anything... :badgrin:

MJ had that attitude that if he didn't win he would just die. I don't get that from Lebron. If he beats the warriors without Love and a hobbled Irving, I might have to reconsider...

Lebron should get together with MJ and learn some tricks from him. If that happened Lebron would be the scariest player EVER. But then again, I don't think MJ's the type who wants to give out his secrets!

Forum List

Back