Is it wise to hire blacks?

SuperDemocrat

Gold Member
Mar 4, 2015
This is actually a growing trend which is someone says something in the workplace that may be racist. Perhaps he is a part of the civil war reenactment society and decided to wear a shirt that has the confederate flag on it. He didn't intend for this to be racist at all because the flag just happens to be a part of the shirts overall design for his group. SOmeone who is black or hispanic sees that and decides that it is racism. He goes to the HR department and complains. If everything goes right then the man stops wearing his shirt but what if a lawyer decides that he can sue the shit out of this company because maybe the boss is also a member of that same society and he himself wore a similar shirt on the weekend. Now the lawyer can make the case that their is racial discrimination at his workplace and every hiring is not scrutinized. It becomes a paperwork nightmare and if they find one incidence then the company is liable in court for millions. Could a company just have avoided the whole thing by not hiring someone who is black?

This maybe the scenario a lot of companies may start fearing in the future. The other side is if they cease hiring blacks at all then they can be sued for racial discrimination but the company maybe able to make the case that they feared being sued for any minor incidence that occurred after a black person was hired. A sympathetic court may understand their reasons and conclude that the reason they didn't hire any black people wasn't because of racism in their minds but a fear of a potential lawsuit that may have occurred down the road.

No, that race of hate-filled crybabies brings racial melodrama everywhere they go. I go out of my way to avoid these low-I.Q. grievance-mongers because America's black community isn't just a regular train wreck; it's like a circus train derailing and plowing through a Mardi Gras parade and then sorting through the colorful, rather nutty-looking wreckage.

Why not hire blacks? Some of the best people I knew (who were also excellent at their job) were African Americans that I served with in the Navy.

Race shouldn't matter. I know it didn't in the military.

This is actually a growing trend which is someone says something in the workplace that may be racist. Perhaps he is a part of the civil war reenactment society and decided to wear a shirt that has the confederate flag on it. He didn't intend for this to be racist at all because the flag just happens to be a part of the shirts overall design for his group. SOmeone who is black or hispanic sees that and decides that it is racism. He goes to the HR department and complains. If everything goes right then the man stops wearing his shirt but what if a lawyer decides that he can sue the shit out of this company because maybe the boss is also a member of that same society and he himself wore a similar shirt on the weekend. Now the lawyer can make the case that their is racial discrimination at his workplace and every hiring is not scrutinized. It becomes a paperwork nightmare and if they find one incidence then the company is liable in court for millions. Could a company just have avoided the whole thing by not hiring someone who is black?

This maybe the scenario a lot of companies may start fearing in the future. The other side is if they cease hiring blacks at all then they can be sued for racial discrimination but the company maybe able to make the case that they feared being sued for any minor incidence that occurred after a black person was hired. A sympathetic court may understand their reasons and conclude that the reason they didn't hire any black people wasn't because of racism in their minds but a fear of a potential lawsuit that may have occurred down the road.

I just have to ask- you are voting for Trump- right?

Blow the racist dog whistle and look at all the human shit that comes out to play in a thread like this.

You bigots are putrid.

Yes, you always need drug connections in the hood, so you don't have to go there.

Forum List

Back