Is it time to take from the rich to give to the poor?

Raise everyone's taxes (even mine). Even the poor should pay some taxes.

I reported income of over $100,000 last year, yet my effective tax rate was only 14 percent, and I file as a single person. Instead of 'taxing the rich' the government has to pass laws that deal with the hemorrhage of money out of the country, namely the trade deficit, remittances, and drug money.

All those losses are backfilled with government debt.
Poverty is a make work project for the rest of us and should be abolished.

No representation without taxation, to me, should be forcing the U.S. government to insure that even the poorest can afford to pay some minimum tax, otherwise they cannot actually recognize them as citizens.

We already pay most of the taxes you mooching sponges. The problem with your 'just a bit more' crap is the mooching sponges say, oh they can afford it 1,000 times over. Get a job losers, earn your own damn wealth and pay your own damn fair share.
Did you note how little change is actually needed to get rid of those few little poverty blocks?

They were on the left, should you actually have a look at it, Einstein.

The entire system needs revamped. Call it level the playing field. First, all income is treated equally, there is no distinction between unearned and earned income, it is all income and it is taxed the same.

And in keeping it equal, well we eliminate the cap on income subject to Social Security taxes, and include investment income in those totals.

Like in most of the modern era, especially after the crash of 29, ban stock buybacks, it is clearly market manipulation, hell, it is its whole purpose. Implement a transaction tax on all trades, including crypto currency.
Yeah it should be taxed at 0% since government just prints money and is 34 trillion in debt.

The hockey stick graph introduced to the climate issue startled enough to start the trend to deal with it.

That shape showed the gross indecency and immorality of our collective focus.

That same immoral shape is what most countries now suffer in their socio-economic demographic pyramids, with a relatively small poor sector when compared to the whole; and especially when compared to the rich.

Statistically and in the long run, the rich have done a good job of improving our collective good.

Going from good to excellent would, cost the rich so little. I have to wonder why their demographers are not recommending that the rich take just a wee bit off the shank of the stick and fix the tip.

It is loose change (a bit of butt tape to our hockey stick), and if the rich will not fix the economy on their own, perhaps we should take their loose change, fix things, --- and raise their grade to excellent.

I understand that there are already several billionaires eager to start such a fund.

Get together, rich benevolent bunch, and set things right.

That will show the world why the rich rule the world.

My rich friends. Boost the trickle down with a one time trickle up and end poverty.

Please hurry, before I must answer yes to my own question.

9 out of 10 Americans are completely wrong about this mind-blowing fact. - Upworthy
Thievery is wrong, even when the filthy government does it.

As we have seen all over the world when the government is used for thievery it destroys countries.

Thanks for the old news and issues. Care to speak to the new and possible?
Why don't you give your money? Seems to me you fools love to believe that you are doing something righteous for demanding other people give their money through force. Just not you.

Ohhhhh riiiiiiight, you're not "rich." Well, I bet to the poor, you are.

Woke for thee not for me. That's the banner that should be waving at every demoncrap rally.

All of you cry about the poor like some deranged some trained useful idiotic monkey, but you never actually do it yourself. Going to pot rallies and sitting around a room getting high isn't DOING ANYTHING.

Like climate weirdos. Woke for thee but not for me. What are you doing to get rid of your fossil fuels? Ohhhhh do you "recycle."

Oh never mind. You are brainwashed in all serious you need to get away from the sources you get for information from.

$2.2 Trillion
Revenues received by the federal government in 2023 $2.2 Trillion Receipts from individual income taxes, the largest source of revenues, in 2023 16.5% of GDP

X*0.165=$2.2T, therefore X= 2.2/0.165 = $13.33T
How much of $13.33T "Declared income" do you want the FEDERAL GOVT to confiscate?

Allow me to re-think this. As usual it is not clear to the Citizen. they are skewing around with GDP percentage? What was the GDP in 2023? ARG!!! $27.36 trillion = 2023 GDP.

This google censorship BS really makes it difficult to find the truth....or the bottom line.

Last edited:
The rich are just smarter about money than most. Getting rich in America is easy once you understand that you can't have your cake (money) and eat (spend) it too. It's one or the other, not both. You can spend all of your money and make someone else rich (been there, done that), or you can keep it and make yourself rich (done that too).

Edit. Not rich but pretty well off.
You can either BE rich….or look rich.

Since Reagan or a couple years before the rich waged class warfare on the middle class.

1. Tax breaks to the rich. Reagan Bush and Trump did it.
2. Hiring illegals. We have an illegal employer problem that rips the middle class off.
3. Shifting the tax burden more on to us.
4. Breaking unions
5. Sending good paying manufacturing jobs overseas. Even Trump wants to tariff but too much. He will start a trade war with China we don't need.
6. Outsourcing phone jobs to India
7. Our pay has gone up 18% since Reagan the rich went up 1322%

Well quit going to wally world and amazon, sealy.

Since Reagan or a couple years before the rich waged class warfare on the middle class.

1. Tax breaks to the rich. Reagan Bush and Trump did it.
2. Hiring illegals. We have an illegal employer problem that rips the middle class off.
3. Shifting the tax burden more on to us.
4. Breaking unions
5. Sending good paying manufacturing jobs overseas. Even Trump wants to tariff but too much. He will start a trade war with China we don't need.
6. Outsourcing phone jobs to India
7. Our pay has gone up 18% since Reagan the rich went up 1322%
Clinton lowered Capital Gains Tax from 28% to 20%, Obama didn’t repeal the GOP tax cuts until later on while increasing spending, bad idea.

The hockey stick graph introduced to the climate issue startled enough to start the trend to deal with it.

That shape showed the gross indecency and immorality of our collective focus.

That same immoral shape is what most countries now suffer in their socio-economic demographic pyramids, with a relatively small poor sector when compared to the whole; and especially when compared to the rich.

Statistically and in the long run, the rich have done a good job of improving our collective good.

Going from good to excellent would, cost the rich so little. I have to wonder why their demographers are not recommending that the rich take just a wee bit off the shank of the stick and fix the tip.

It is loose change (a bit of butt tape to our hockey stick), and if the rich will not fix the economy on their own, perhaps we should take their loose change, fix things, --- and raise their grade to excellent.

I understand that there are already several billionaires eager to start such a fund.

Get together, rich benevolent bunch, and set things right.

That will show the world why the rich rule the world.

My rich friends. Boost the trickle down with a one time trickle up and end poverty.

Please hurry, before I must answer yes to my own question.

9 out of 10 Americans are completely wrong about this mind-blowing fact. - Upworthy
I think there should be a financial transactions tax on every traded share on Wall Street. Charge .003% tax on every traded share and increase the capital gains tax to 25%.

1709755489458.png

So total collection 2023 was 16.5% of GDP = $4.4T. 50% of that came from income TAXES. At least that much is clear. But how much total income is out there in the USA?

They spend ~25% of GDP but they collect 16.5%....sounds about right. sigh....

Assume 90 % of income tax total was paid by the top two brackets. 0.9*$2.2T = $2T paid by top 5 %.

They pay roughly a 20% rate or so therefore, $2T/0.20 = $10T dollars available (in the rich income). If FEDS try to take 50% (thats' $5T sealy) I bet the total available ($10T) will begin to drop and they won't get $5T.

The rich will quit making "income" and find another way to get rich. They don't draw income paychecks every 2 weeks like joesixpack. The GDP will drop as they "sit it out".

Last edited:
I think there should be a financial transactions tax on every traded share on Wall Street. Charge .003% tax on every traded share and increase the capital gains tax to 25%.

How much revenue will that generate? Remember you need ~$3T to break even. Always a lot of BS spewed but never any concrete answers. This was tried long ago with 90% tax rate. The FED revenue still settled out at 20%*GDP. If they try to take too much......it drops. Country stalls out. FED spending does not create weatlh, it is a drain on wealth. (AKA no value-added spending). right....5% on infastructre. LOL! at 10X the cost compared to private construction.

Another thread with "tax the rich" BS outa lackeys' mouths. But no one has a clue HOW? If it was easy I suspect Obiden and his communists would have already put it in motion over 12 dreadful Stagnation years of nothing but dead-cat bounces off crisis (they created).

Last edited:
How much revenue will that generate? Remember you need ~$3T to break even. Always a lot of BS spewed but never any concrete answers. This was tried long ago with 90% tax rate. The FED revenue still settled out at 20%*GDP. If they try to take too much......it drops. Country stalls out. FED spending does not create weatlh, it is a drain on wealth. (AKA no value-added spending). right....5% on infastructre. LOL! at 10X the cost compared to private construction.

Another thread with "tax the rich" BS outa lackeys' mouths. But no one has a clue HOW? If it was easy I suspect Obiden and his communists would have already put it in motion over 12 dreadful Stagnation years of nothing but dead-cat bounces off crisis (they created).
A Franchise Transactions Tax would generate enough income to pay off the deficit and provide universal Healthcare for every American.

Forum List

Back