is it time to root out Hamas completely?

Yes, they need to disappear. Israel has arrested some based on reports. They will face the courts. The others who are soldiers in war will face the IDF. That is what happens when you start a war.

Hamas did go too far and are paying the price for it. All those poor, poor Palestinians in Gaza currently with no water or power should ask themselves why did we vote for Hamas?

I don't think they "voted" for Hamas. In 2005 after Israel pulled out completely turning over full control of all aspects of Gaza to them, it is my understanding that Hamas moved in from Iran, killed their leaders and took over.

in my opinion, Hamas has gone way too far with this latest round of terror-attacks.

i'd gladly give the Israelis my support to root them out completely, in a years-long military campaign.

how do you people feel about it?
In 2018, the IDF said it would take only several weeks at the most to retake Gaza, and that is probably still true, but the IDF will have to keep a long-term, probably permanent, presence in Gaza to prevent the terrorists from regrouping.

I don't think they "voted" for Hamas. In 2005 after Israel pulled out completely turning over full control of all aspects of Gaza to them, it is my understanding that Hamas moved in from Iran, killed their leaders and took over.
Following the 2021 Israeli-Gaza conflict, an opinion poll conducted by the Palestinian Center for Policy and Survey Research in the West Bank and Gaza Strip showed a dramatic surge in support for Hamas.

In the poll, 53% of the 1,200 Palestinians surveyed said they believed Hamas is "most deserving of representing and leading the Palestinian people." By contrast, just 14% said the same of Fatah.

Hamas did go too far and are paying the price for it. All those poor, poor Palestinians in Gaza currently with no water or power should ask themselves why did we vote for Hamas?
They still don't deserve to die. Innocent casualties is most tragic and history has shown that it can foster even more radical governments as the will exploit the anger among the population. IsraeI is in an extremely difficult situation.

Following the 2021 Israeli-Gaza conflict, an opinion poll conducted by the Palestinian Center for Policy and Survey Research in the West Bank and Gaza Strip showed a dramatic surge in support for Hamas.

Well of course. Does that surprise you? People there think and vote just as California college kids are taught that all things conservative, all things Trump, and all things Jewish are evil.

Why should they think any different when like the Palestinians, they are only told and hear just one side of the story?

Well of course. Does that surprise you? People there think and vote just as California college kids are taught that all things conservative, all things Trump, and all things Jewish are evil.

Why should they think any different when like the Palestinians, they are only told and hear just one side of the story?
But as a practical matter, over half of Palestinians support Hamas, regardless of how they came to that opinion, so I don't think it is clear one can exempt the civilians from responsivity for Hamas' actions.

Btw, Hamas is an offshoot of the Muslim brotherhood, which is Egyptian, not Iranian, and have been in Gaza forever.

in my opinion, Hamas has gone way too far with this latest round of terror-attacks.

i'd gladly give the Israelis my support to root them out completely, in a years-long military campaign.

how do you people feel about it?
Death to Hamas.

No prisoners.

No mercy.

They still don't deserve to die. Innocent casualties is most tragic and history has shown that it can foster even more radical governments as the will exploit the anger among the population. IsraeI is in an extremely difficult situation.
"Better a terrible end than unending terror."
The unending terror option is more costly for the populace. Now is the time to end it.

I still see nothing wrong with the expulsion of the Palestinians from Israel along the same lines that the Germans were expelled from Eastern Europe after WWII.

They lost. Over and over and again and again. Just like the Germans. They’re trouble makers. Just like the Germans were.

And dont tell me the Palestinians don’t have anywhere to go. They’re Arab, they speak Arabic, they’re Sunni Muslim. Same as Jordan. Same as Egypt. Same as the nations of the Arabian peninsula.

Saying a Palestinian is “different” than a Jordanian is like saying a Sudetenland German was different than a German German.

But as a practical matter, over half of Palestinians support Hamas,
Nearly half of all Palestinians are also children and teens.

regardless of how they came to that opinion,
Well, it is significant to know they are being purposefully trained by the Palestinians to hate and kill Jews. Generation after generation, from the time they are old enough to go to school. That makes Palestine a terrorist organization and not a legitimate people or nation. Even the Russians and North Koreans are not this bad. Funny how Russia are such bad guys for invading another country but let Palestine do it is Israel, even to raping and beheading little children, and legions of misinformed leftist goons rally to their defense. But then, we knew the left don't care about women nor children.

so I don't think it is clear one can exempt the civilians from responsivity for Hamas' actions.
I see a very broad, gray line between Hamas Proper and Palestine General. One just enlists the other.

Btw, Hamas is an offshoot of the Muslim brotherhood, which is Egyptian, not Iranian, and have been in Gaza forever.
Interesting. The Egyptians were the ones who first leaked the early intelligence of the attack, and the Muslim Brotherhood were the most frequent if rather secret visitors to the WH during the years of Barry Obumma and one Joseph Robinsass Bidden.

If you produce terror and the aim is to terrify , what ninkonpoop then criticises the perps for being too terrifying ?
Bit like criticising winners for upsetting losers by winning .

Big problem is that the highlighted alleged excesses never happened .
Fake News deliberately manufactured .
DYOR and laugh along with the patently nonsense story about 40 beheaded babies .

I still see nothing wrong with the expulsion of the Palestinians from Israel along the same lines that the Germans were expelled from Eastern Europe after WWII.
Off course you see nothing wrong - just look at the total crap and the false history account you posted.

Hamas didn't come in from Iran - what history nonsense books, or MSN for the dumb, do you read?

Hamas was formed by Palestinian-Arabs - formerly members of the PLO/Fatah upon the PLO acquitting towards the right for Israel to exist as a State. (not the right to keep all the stolen land).
That Hamas funding's are in majority from Iran and e.g. Qatar is known. (Whereby the latter has contributed far more $ then Iran).

The Palestinian-Arabs in Gaza had voted for Hamas in majority - rather then the PLO. Simply due to acquitting towards Hamas policy - to not accept/acknowledge a right for Israel to exist as long as Israel occupies Palestinian-Arab lands. The present Gaza territory doesn't even constitute 20% of the 1947 allocation. They are therefore in majority of the same mindset as those radical Zionists who don't accept, acknowledge a Palestinian-Arab State.

Being radicals they both, Hamas and radical Zionist Israelis acquit towards killing civilians.

Now how many of those 2.3 million Palestinian-Arabs in Gaza are active terrorist members of the Hamas militia? not even 4000. The Hamas could barely field 1000 terrorist militias attacking Israel. And they are so poorly trained and equipped that they lost about the same number, then Jewish civilians and IDF personal they killed. The remaining 3000 are now hiding as usual in the midst of 2.3 million civilians.

The total Hamas militia is estimated to be at around 25,000 - of which 20,000 or so, are basically just uniformed jokers playing police and robbing/blackmailing Palestinian-Arabs in Gaza of their money and business.

How many of those radical Zionists are members in the IDF? or organized in Settler militias killing Palestinian-Arab civilians? if you count in the IDF reserves - you get around 140,000 out of 400,000 regular IDF/IDF reservists and Jewish settler militia - that recruit out of 6 million Israeli Jews.
The vast majority of the IDF and it's active reservist constitute out of Jewish settlers and socioeconomic lowlifes. !!!
And yet they are by far the best equipped and trained force in the Middle-east.

There is absolutely no mental difference between a PLO/Hamas/Hezbollah radical militia member and a radical Zionist. the only difference is that radical Zionists can count onto the IDF to clean and back up their shit policy - go to Israel and talk to the people living there. The vast majority of Israelis despises and hates those radical Zionists.

That is why Nethanyahu and his radical Zionist cronies faced political extinction - you really believe that Nethanyahu and his governmnet were unaware of Hamas doings and plannings? "we were taken by surprise" yeah sure.

let's not go overboard by dumping the Geneva Convention, shall we?..
You mean like Hamas did?

One fights fire with fire.

But, yes, insofar as may be practicable, fighting with clarity and strength and a focal-point, with honor, is always preferable.

That may not be possible against such religious zealots engaged in asymmetrical guerilla warfare, but one can try, yes?

It is just that you should not be surprised in the slightest when that becomes impossible of greatly impedes the path to victory.

This is truly an existential struggle and it is not going to be pretty, but the sooner the Israelis win, the sooner the pain stops.

"Better a terrible end than unending terror."
The unending terror option is more costly for the populace. Now is the time to end it.
Now is the time to obliterate Hamas or, at least, to kill as many of them and destroy as many of their resources as possible.

The Israelis have shown restraint in their punitive expeditions time and again over the years... no more... this will be different.

When it comes to rooting-out and killing Hamas.. no letup... no prisoners... no mercy.

Forum List

Back