is it time to root out Hamas completely?

No, Israel will not govern Gaza, but it will have to keep a military and intelligence presence there to prevent the terrorist from regrouping after Hamas has been destroyed, just as it has done since the second intifada was ended in Judea and Samaria.
So who will govern? West bank Palestinians chose Fatah, what happens if Gaza Palestinians re-elect Hamas?

So who will govern? West bank Palestinians chose Fatah, what happens if Gaza Palestinians re-elect Hamas?
Many years ago all the Palestinians chose Fatah, but for many years now Hamas has had more support than Fatah among all Palestinians. Israel's only interest is to prevent the Gazans from reorganizing terror groups to attack Isael, and that is why an IDF presence in Gaza will remain necessary.

Many years ago all the Palestinians chose Fatah, but for many years now Hamas has had more support than Fatah among all Palestinians. Israel's only interest is to prevent the Gazans from reorganizing terror groups to attack Isael, and that is why an IDF presence in Gaza will remain necessary.
And it will fail this time too.

Is there a permanent peace there or will it explode again?
For the foreseeable future there no possibility of a permanent peace. For there to be a permanent peace, the Palestinian government would have to be able to credibly offer peace to Israel and there is no Palestinian leader who can do that and there is not likely to be for the foreseeable future.

For the foreseeable future there no possibility of a permanent peace. For there to be a permanent peace, the Palestinian government would have to be able to credibly offer peace to Israel and there is no Palestinian leader who can do that and there is not likely to be for the foreseeable future.
While true, I think there will be no peace because both sides demand victory and not compromise.

While true, I think there will be no peace because both sides demand victory and not compromise.
No, that's not true. During negotiations, Israel mad deep compromises but the PA never compromised on any issue. Israel wanted peace, not victory, but the Palestinians wanted all of Israel; Hamas s forthright about it and the PA demands a right of return of all Palestinians, which would give Israel an Arab majority.

No, that's not true. During negotiations, Israel mad deep compromises but the PA never compromised on any issue. Israel wanted peace, not victory, but the Palestinians wanted all of Israel; Hamas s forthright about it and the PA demands a right of return of all Palestinians, which would give Israel an Arab majority.
I suspect Palestinians would differ on what is "deep" and what is "never".

I get it. You have to be a jew to bomb civilians with impunity.
Poroshenko bombed, Zelensky bombed, Israel bombed.
And there are no sanctions or punishments. Only support and assistance from the "world gendarme".

Forum List

Back