Is it more embarrassing when RWers deny evolution or LWs deny that sex is about making babbies?

Sex is mostly about making babies? Damn! My wife and I have been wasting our time ever since 1983!
In the sense of its biological purpose, yes. Everything about the process is designed to promote fertilization of an egg by a spermatozoa, including the pleasurable feeling you're using it for. I'll be explaining the hows and whys in a coming thread. I'm currently almost done laying out the origins of sex and how it works for humans on a biological level now. I really shouldn't need to do this for a married man who apparently occasionally engages in it but, well, c'est la vie.

Last edited:
Sex is mostly about making babies? Damn! My wife and I have been wasting our time ever since 1983!
In the sense of its biological purpose, yes. Everything about the process is designed to promote fertilization of an egg by a spermatozoa, including the pleasurable feeling you're using it for. I'll be explaining the hows and whys in a coming thread. I'm currently almost done laying out the origins of sex and how it works for humans on a biological level now. I really shouldn't need to do this for a married man who apparently occasionally engages in it but, well, c'est la vie.

We don't need you to explain the "hows" or the "why's."

The biological function of sex is reproduction, the biological function of eating is survival. I guess eating for pleasure must be against nature.
Maybe I'm giving the sheer amount of butthurt here too much attention. The biological function of the reproductive act is reproduction. It is true that it's also fun and can be done with no the intention of reproducing without being "against nature" or "Evil" or whatever other misinterpreted bullshit. However, that is entirely irrelevant to the reason the behavior evolved, which was to facilitate reproduction and genetic variation in offspring*. Ten year olds understand this. As copiously demonstrated here, many liberals do not. But they still feel more than entitled to be anti-science while bashing other anti-science factions for their asinine, reactionary, and counter-factual beliefs.

*This part might be hard to explain at a USMB level but it ties into that neat little natural selection thing you may have heard of.
With your thread you've built a strawman. The only person you've convinced is yourself.

I have to admit, it's still a little disappointing I had to write a FAQ to explain what are literally some of the most basic concepts of life which most people learn and understand around the age of seven for the benefit of high school educated Western adults.

You began this thread with a fallacious poster bashing premise.

But the only poster you have managed to embarrass is yourself.

Great job! :thup:

Next time try harder not to make a fool of yourself, 'mkay?

:lol:

With your thread you've built a strawman. The only person you've convinced is yourself.
You do understand that it's only a strawman if you haven't spent the past five pages saying exactly that, right? The follow-up thread I mentioned is here: The Talk or A Basic Explanation of the Birds and the Bees for Liberals US Message Board - Political Discussion Forum

You can't start threads explaining the birds and the bees, and at the same time start threads titled...

"Why exactly would a man risk his manhood for oral sex?"

Doofus

To you as an American I mean.

Sex is about bonding if it's about anything. Many other animals have sex for cementing social bonds instead of reproduction. Bonobos, dolphins, and of course humans.
You should read the thread I posted explaining it. I touched on this there. Animals can and obviously have found ways to use it for reasons other than what it's actually for. The original purpose of something isn't necessarily the only thing it's good for, whether that thing is a behavior like sex or eating or a tool like guns or drums. Being used in an alternative way doesn't erase the actual purpose of it any more than using it for that purpose erases any alternative use. I've been saying that here as well in between the butthurt reactions.

Please tell me what in the explanatory thread you believe to be incorrect. It's entirely factual to my knowledge, even if it does skip on a lot of detail mostly provided in the linked resources.

Concerning your second comment, I don't see how being mindful of a potentially maiming risk and taking precaution to avoid it constitutes a serious problem. I also take pains to avoid STDs and other serious threats to my safety and well being. I would hope that you don't consider that indicative of mental illness as well.

Last edited:
To you as an American I mean.

Sex is about bonding if it's about anything. Many other animals have sex for cementing social bonds instead of reproduction. Bonobos, dolphins, and of course humans.
You should read the thread I posted explaining it. I touched on this there. Animals can and obviously have found ways to use it for reasons other than what it's actually for. The original purpose of something isn't necessarily the only thing it's good for, whether that thing is a behavior like sex or eating or a tool like guns or drums. Being used in an alternative way doesn't erase the actual purpose of it any more than using it for that purpose erases any alternative use. I've been saying that here as well in between the butthurt reactions.

More to sex than sex that can result in reproduction. Can achieve orgasms and climaxes alll by your lonesome, or in the mouth or anus in whichc ase no baby results. Can withdraw the penis prior to climax and avoid reproduction as well. The act of sex isn't about making babies. It can be about that, but it isn't solely about that. The act of sex is about bonding animals into close-knit social groups because the more animals cooperate socially, the better they thrive. So sex acts as an attractant to get animals to live in groups instead of by themselves where they can be predated upon more easily and not thrive to the extent smart more social animals do.

Please tell me what in the that thread you believe to be incorrect. It's all factual to my knowledge.

Concerning your second comment, I don't see how being mindful of a potentially maiming risk and taking precaution to avoid it constitutes a serious problem. I also take pains to avoid STDs and other serious threats to my safety and well being. I would hope that you don't consider that indicative of mental illness as well.

You've demonstrated your ignorance on this subject starting with this opening thread. You have obvious trust issues with women, or you wouldn't be worried about one biting off your penis. I certainly haven't heard about this being an ongoing problem in our society.

I'm all for safe sex. Quit trying to create a straw man.

Sex is about physical passion and attraction......babies are a result

I had a vasectomy 15 years ago........I still have sex

You've demonstrated your ignorance on this subject starting with this opening thread.
Please tell me the specific points of the explanatory thread you believe to be incorrect. It touched on a lot (technically the history of life itself) and with a bare minimum of detail to conserve time and space. It's possible that something was wrong or misleading in it. I don't believe there to be, but it would be more constructive to discuss any problems you might see rather than repeat vague charges that it's all wrong forever because the reproductive act is fun and so clearly reproduction itself is a secondary effect of it if it's at all related.

You have obvious trust issues with women, or you wouldn't be worried about one biting off your penis. I certainly haven't heard about this being an ongoing problem in our society.
I'm aware that that sort of thing is something that happens occasionally. It's avoidable and so I avoid it. It's exactly my attitude towards STDs, unintentional pregnancy, and every other preventable health risk, which is why I said so. The easiest and most effective way to prevent things like that is to maintain a healthy mindfulness of the intentions of other people and err on the side of caution. Simply put, of course I wouldn't trust you that way for the same reasons you would be wise not to trust me. It really does go both ways. The people you trust to that level with something as important as your continued health should have earned it. This tangent is going pretty far off topic though.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back