Any rocket scientists out there?

Mr.Right

Mar 19, 2015
Read about an interesting idea for interstellar space travel. I'm just wondering if it would work, assuming we had the technology to build it.

The concept is pretty simple. The ship taps into a high energy universe to get the required energy to produce a black hole in front of the ship. The gravity from the black hole pulls the ship forward. Since the ship is constantly projecting the black hole at a certain distance from the ship, it maintains its distance while continuing to pull the ship forward. Could this conceivably work?

I'm secretly a rocket scientist. I'd explain why that wouldn't work, but it would go way over your head.

Why do that kind of ultimate NIMBY stunt? We've got four gas giants that can be mined for He3. With focusing mirrors solar powered interstellar flight would be cheap. And if we could tap into the multi-verse we would probably have FTL anyway so I don't understand the point of this idea.

Read about an interesting idea for interstellar space travel. I'm just wondering if it would work, assuming we had the technology to build it.

The concept is pretty simple. The ship taps into a high energy universe to get the required energy to produce a black hole in front of the ship. The gravity from the black hole pulls the ship forward. Since the ship is constantly projecting the black hole at a certain distance from the ship, it maintains its distance while continuing to pull the ship forward. Could this conceivably work?
You will also need someone to rewrite the laws of physics. Other than that, it seems like a great idea.

Will there be McDonald's drive thrus? What age will I be when the order is ready?

Well. Let me put it this way. If you could generate the kind of energy that would be required to generate a black hole you wouldn't need the ship in the first place.

Well. Let me put it this way. If you could generate the kind of energy that would be required to generate a black hole you wouldn't need the ship in the first place.
Not True. If I'm gonna go galavantin around the galaxy, I'm gonna need a sweet looking ride. With a nice flame paint job on it.

Not True. If I'm gonna go galavantin around the galaxy, I'm gonna need a sweet looking ride. With a nice flame paint job on it.

Man, you think small. Just sayin. I would have a asteroid as my ship. It would be nicely decked out with all sorts of party accessories!

Forum List

Back