Is it fair to blame junk food companies for people being overweight?

Perhaps the government should put a warning about the addictive nature when issuing social welfare programs to those that couldn't make any more by working based on their skills.

Hell ... It would do wonders for my blood pressure if the government restricted junk food from EBT cards. Sitting in line behind a fat person who uses food stamps and whatnot ... I will admit it really pisses me of when all they have in their basket is junk food and Koolaid and they are fat as hell.

As long as those voting for a living are allowed to use EBT to buy such crap, we'll continue to pay for the healthcare they think they have a right to have. Those of us that work for a living are expected to maintain those that vote for one and plenty of bleeding hearts allow it to happen.

The point that EBT should not be usable for junk/processed artificial food is absolutely valid and worthy.
But that will never happen. Because it would require the same government that tells its citizenry that this crap is perfectly OK ..... to turn around and say 'your EBT card won't buy this because it's crap'. And that would lay the collusion bare for all to see. It would become too obvious even to the unwashed who controls the government, and neither one of them want that.

The point that EBT should not be usable for junk/processed artificial food is absolutely valid and worthy.
But that will never happen. Because it would require the same government that tells its citizenry that this crap is perfectly OK ..... to turn around and say 'your EBT card won't buy this because it's crap'. And that would lay the collusion bare for all to see. It would become too obvious even to the unwashed who controls the government, and neither one of them want that.

It would probably just take more time waiting in line while folks argue about items in their cart being covered.

I sat in line while a customer and cashier fought about the difference between instant oatmeal and 3 minute oat meal. I don't know for sure but I think the WIC program doesn't cover the instant type.

I offered to let the cashier ring up the instant with my stuff if they would just shut up and get back to business ... They looked at me like I was crazy.

It would probably just take more time waiting in line while folks argue about items in their cart being covered.

I sat in line while a customer and cashier fought about the difference between instant oatmeal and 3 minute oat meal. I don't know for sure but I think the WIC program doesn't cover the instant type.

I offered to let the cashier ring up the instant with my stuff if they would just shut up and get back to business ... They looked at me like I was crazy.

Far as I know that's all automatically embedded in the UPC code. They're supposed to ring the whole thing up, present the total, customer swipes EBT and then they get a remaining cash total for whatever EBT doesn't cover. It shouldn't take anywhere near as long as, say, that clown who just has to pay by check... :death:

Using high fructose corn syrup to replace cane sugar is certainly the fault of manufacturers. They do it because it's cheap. They fill low fat foods with it and similar sugars to give it taste.

The government actually created one of the biggest eating problems when it told everyone that low fat diets were healthy and the way to lose weight. Food manufacturers took that information and geared their products toward the lowf at crowd. The problem is that low fat foods are filled with so much other crap that they do more harm than good. Secondly, people moved away from eating protein and replaced much of their diet with carbs. Carbs convert to sugar which if not used for energy in the short term are then converted to fat. When we combine these couple of items with the fact that people do not exercise nearly as much as they used to, we get a bunch of fat asses. This has become most noticeable with our kids, and once they become fat asses, it's difficult to reverse that.

Perhaps the government should put a warning about the addictive nature when issuing social welfare programs to those that couldn't make any more by working based on their skills.

Hell ... It would do wonders for my blood pressure if the government restricted junk food from EBT cards. Sitting in line behind a fat person who uses food stamps and whatnot ... I will admit it really pisses me of when all they have in their basket is junk food and Koolaid and they are fat as hell.

As long as those voting for a living are allowed to use EBT to buy such crap, we'll continue to pay for the healthcare they think they have a right to have. Those of us that work for a living are expected to maintain those that vote for one and plenty of bleeding hearts allow it to happen.

Many in the government already contradict themselves now. You have certain elements within the government that tell you the choice a woman makes with her body should be no one else's business. They support her right to choose whether to have a child or abort it. If she makes a choice she can't afford, those same elements in government will tell you that even though you didn't have a say in her choice, you will be forced to be responsible for paying for it when she can't. What's different with EBT and junk food?

I had to do that last Saturday. Waited in line behind someone that wanted to talk to the manager about something not being covered. When that manager didn't give her the answer she wanted, she asked to speak to another manager. She turned to me and said "sorry". I told her she was the reason I was having to wait and "you're welcome". She had a puzzled look on her face. Guess she didn't get what I meant about me having to pay for her groceries then wait because it apparently was covering enough things.

Many in the government already contradict themselves now. You have certain elements within the government that tell you the choice a woman makes with her body should be no one else's business. They support her right to choose whether to have a child or abort it. If she makes a choice she can't afford, those same elements in government will tell you that even though you didn't have a say in her choice, you will be forced to be responsible for paying for it when she can't. What's different with EBT and junk food?

According to government a woman has the right to choose what happens to her body ... As long as it doesn't include a 44 oz. Big Gulp from Circle K.

Edit:
For those who may not understand the regional reference ... A 44 oz. Big Gulp from Circle K ... Is a super-size soft drink sold at a convenience store.

Last edited:
I am responsible for what I put in my body, to know what ingredients are in what I eat and how they will effect me.I am responsible to maintain my health through exercise and clean living. In fact I am scheduled for my daily strength training and aerobic exercise.

I will do so after the completion on my donuts and potato chip lunch and a hefty drag on the chest busters I smoke.

No matter what I do I cannot blame anyone but myself.

According to government a woman has the right to choose what happens to her body ... As long as it doesn't include a 44 oz. Big Gulp from Circle K.

Edit:
For those who may not understand the regional reference ... A 44 oz. Big Gulp from Circle K ... Is a super-size soft drink sold at a convenience store.

According to those who claim to support pro choice, people should have freedom and liberty unless it's something the left doesn't think we should do using that they are looking out for us as the reason. That's why I don't call them pro choice. I call them what they are, pro abortion. When the only choice they support by calling themselves that allows a woman to choose to kill her unborn child, there is no difference despite their attempts to make it appear that way.

Why you asking me? You just agreed with my point.

Forum List

Back