Is it fair to blame junk food companies for people being overweight?

Uh, no. It's not fair to blame junk food companies for people being overweight. Who writes this stuff ??
People that know the food companies put addictive ingredients in your food.

The New Hidden Soda Sweetener Pt 1 - The Addictive New Ingredient Hiding in Your Food The Dr. Oz Show

How do you know?
Got lucky enough to see an article and investigated it.

I mean, how can you tell which companies are doing this?

Pretty much all of them do. They all use the same ingredients with a couple thrown in to produce a patent.

Uh, no. It's not fair to blame junk food companies for people being overweight. Who writes this stuff ??
People that know the food companies put addictive ingredients in your food.

The New Hidden Soda Sweetener Pt 1 - The Addictive New Ingredient Hiding in Your Food The Dr. Oz Show

How do you know?

Pretty much all of them do. They all use the same ingredients with a couple thrown in to produce a patent.

Ahh.. so it's not like they're being deceptive or anything? Then what's the issue?

Ahh.. so it's not like they're being deceptive or anything? Then what's the issue?
I think I mentioned they are being deceptive. Have you ever seen a food label that mentioned any of the ingredients in their food products are addictive? France makes it mandatory now.

Processed Foods and Addiction - 3 Things That Are Making You Fat

"Scientists have known for years that sugar is highly addictive. Sugar may be the most addictive substance, similar to a drug because of the effect it has on pleasure centers of the brain. Did you know there are fifty different names for sugars used in processed foods?"

Last edited:
It is almost as though Coke and Pepsi and McDonald's were founded in the mid 90s. No, many junk food products have been around for over 100 years.

The main cause for kids becoming more obese (other than their personal choices) is the amount of time being spent on the Internet and playing video games. Just sitting for a pro longed period of time can have devastating effects on the body long term.

Sedentary behavior is the bigger cause for obesity "epidemic."

Of course this has more to do with personal responsibility and being accountable. Two big things liberals despise about freedom. Hence their wishes for the nanny state.

It is almost as though Coke and Pepsi and McDonald's were founded in the mid 90s. No, many junk food products have been around for over 100 years.

The main cause for kids becoming more obese (other than their personal choices) is the amount of time being spent on the Internet and playing video games. Just sitting for a pro longed period of time can have devastating effects on the body long term.

Of course this has more to do with personal responsibility and being accountable. Two big things liberals despise about freedom. Hence their wishes for the nanny state.

People across all lines have been sedentary and not become obese. Secretaries, office workers, etc. The reason they're getting obese now is clearly revealed in countries who didn't have western style foods until recently, and their explosion in obesity afterwords. It's the food. It's specially formulated to be addictive and in the process is also unhealthy. While personal choices play their part, it's not the primary reason, nor is our sedentary lifestyle. It's the food. China didn't have an obesity problem until they got western style foods via McDonald's and the like.

How do you know?

I think I mentioned they are being deceptive. Have you ever seen a food label that mentioned any of the ingredients in their food products are addictive? France makes it mandatory now.

"Scientists have known for years that sugar is highly addictive. Sugar may be the most addictive substance, similar to a drug because of the effect it has on pleasure centers of the brain. Did you know there are fifty different names for sugars used in processed foods?"

Yep.The point is, it's easy enough to avoid those foods if you want to. The obesity problem isn't caused by deceptive food vendors.

People across all lines have been sedentary and not become obese. Secretaries, office workers, etc. The reason they're getting obese now is clearly revealed in countries who didn't have western style foods until recently, and their explosion in obesity afterwords. It's the food. It's specially formulated to be addictive and in the process is also unhealthy. While personal choices play their part, it's not the primary reason, nor is our sedentary lifestyle. It's the food. China didn't have an obesity problem until they got western style foods via McDonald's and the like.

If you are human ... You were born addicted to sugars and fats. If you eat too many sugars and fats you will get fat. Go ahead and blame food companies for stuffing your face with Moon Pies and washing them down with RC Cola ... It will probably help you lose weight.

Last edited:

Yep.The point is, it's easy enough to avoid those foods if you want to. The obesity problem isn't caused by deceptive food vendors.

Exactly. Not one bit of food that is bad for you can cause you harm if you don't eat it. Those who choose to do so on a regular basis want to blame what's in it as if what's in it could get in their system without THEM sticking it in their mouth.

When you are fat and go to the doctor ... They tell you to get more exercise and eat better ... Not to blame McDonalds.

Not one bit of that type of food can make you obese unless the PERSON sticks it in his/her mouth. It can't become additive unless the PERSON sticks it in his/her mouth. That being the case, it boils down to what the person does. I'm not addicted to illegal drugs because I CHOOSE not to use them. The existence of something doesn't cause the addition. The USE of it does.

Obesity in China isn't because of the food. It's because the Chinese people EAT it.

How do you know?

Perhaps the government should put a warning about the addictive nature when issuing social welfare programs to those that couldn't make any more by working based on their skills.

China did not have an obesity problem until they embraced capitalism, and got to eat three meals a day.

If you are human ... You were born addicted to sugars and fats. If you eat too many sugars and fats you will get fat. Go ahead and blame food companies for stuffing your face with Moon Pies and washing them down with RC Cola ... It with probably help you lose weight.

If you eat more than you utilize and burn off you'll get fat. Eat 3000 cals a day but only burn off 1000, 2000's going to storage in the body, usually as fat. But fat, protein, and carbs burn at different rates. Think it's protein, carbs, then fat will be burned off in order.

Food today has so many calories, so much fat, salt, and sugar that's it's literally impossible to burn it off unless a competetive athlete of some kind. Single McDonald's milkshake has I think 800 cals. That's an entire meal. And yet it's only the beverage part of a McDonald's meal. And since it's almost entirely sugar, which'll turn into fat inside the body, if you're drinking that every day plus all the other crap it isn't difficult to see how you're gonna get fat. As illustrated well in "Supersize Me."

Eating in the US has become a recreational activity and stress mangement activity. We're under so much stress in our society from any number of factors than managing that stress via pleasure is what many do. Some exercise, some drink, some eat, some have lots of sex. But when a society overvalues the wrong things, and undervalues the right things, as we do in the US, imbalances are created. Instead of encouraging bodily pleasure and intimacy we demonize it. Bereft of such a basic human need as touch and intimate contact we turn to alternatives not demonized, like eating and subtance abuse.

Perhaps the government should put a warning about the addictive nature when issuing social welfare programs to those that couldn't make any more by working based on their skills.

Hell ... It would do wonders for my blood pressure if the government restricted junk food from EBT cards. Sitting in line behind a fat person who uses food stamps and whatnot ... I will admit it really pisses me of when all they have in their basket is junk food and Koolaid and they are fat as hell.

If you eat more than you utilize and burn off you'll get fat. Eat 3000 cals a day but only burn off 1000, 2000's going to storage in the body, usually as fat. But fat, protein, and carbs burn at different rates. Think it's protein, carbs, then fat will be burned off in order.

Food today has so many calories, so much fat, salt, and sugar that's it's literally impossible to burn it off unless a competetive athlete of some kind. Single McDonald's milkshake has I think 800 cals. That's an entire meal. And yet it's only the beverage part of a McDonald's meal. And since it's almost entirely sugar, which'll turn into fat inside the body, if you're drinking that every day plus all the other crap it isn't difficult to see how you're gonna get fat. As illustrated well in "Supersize Me."

Eating in the US has become a recreational activity and stress mangement activity. We're under so much stress in our society from any number of factors than managing that stress via pleasure is what many do. Some exercise, some drink, some eat, some have lots of sex. But when a society overvalues the wrong things, and undervalues the right things, as we do in the US, imbalances are created. Instead of encouraging bodily pleasure and intimacy we demonize it. Bereft of such a basic human need as touch and intimate contact we turn to alternatives not demonized, like eating and subtance abuse.

That is an example of how civilization is killing you.

I often wonder whether or not you just need to move out of the city and start living more than you sit around and think. A rural lifestyle can sure help you burn far more than 3500 calories in a day ... The food from your garden is better for you ... And at the end of the day, people are more interested in their own sex-life than anyone else's.

Last edited:

If you are human ... You were born addicted to sugars and fats. If you eat too many sugars and fats you will get fat. Go ahead and blame food companies for stuffing your face with Moon Pies and washing them down with RC Cola ... It with probably help you lose weight.

If the PERSON doesn't choose to drink that milkshake, it doesn't matter how many calories it has. The choice comes first. Without the choice of the PERSON, caloric intake doesn't happen.

If the PERSON doesn't choose to drink that milkshake, it doesn't matter how many calories it has. The choice comes first. Without the choice of the PERSON, caloric intake doesn't happen.

Again, this is one of those topics where the democrats use their stupid voting base as the moronic pawns they are.

They disguise it as though they actually care about the kids. They use the tired ole narrative that it is evil white corporate right wing America. They use that narrative to push for more control over the lives of the people. Taking choices away where ever and whenever they can. All under the guise of caring.

The hopelessly brainwashed hacks on the left fall right in line and respond to their marching orders.

That doesnt even make sense. How can you avoid the foods if you are unaware they are addictive?

When you are fat and go to the doctor ... They tell you to get more exercise and eat better ... Not to blame McDonalds.

Why would they tell you to blame McDonalds? What good would that do?

The choice is not made in a vacuum. Its impossible to make a choice without considering prior knowledge..Thats why they call it a decision. All decisions are shaped by what you know.

Forum List

Back