Is it fair that Asians make their children ...

It has nothing to do with fairness. any caring parent would want the best for their children. this includes excelling in school or anything else that would help to mold them to be independent, successful adults. the proof is in the pudding. asians in general, not only chinese, have the highest college enrollments compared to any other ethnic group, less pre-teen pregnancies and asians commit the least crime in this country. so they must be doing something right.

:lol:

You know very little about Chinese gangs..and that's how they like it. Teen Pregnancies? Gosh, look around you. Look at the make up of the world. How many chinese people are in it?

Generally, however, this sort of parenting yields offspring which are able to excell at some things are do poor at others. Like being good at math..but terrible at innovation and interpersonal relationships.

Asians are more introverted by nature, which may be interpreted by brash Americans to be poor interpersonal skills, but its really just a difference in personality style. Studies show Asians to rank lowest on the scale of extroversion among the races. Asians like orderliness, continuity, similitude. They generally don't like thinking outside the box or breaking the mold, which is why they are not driven to innovate. Nothing to do with parenting really.

You know this how?

Ever been to a Chinese Banquet? Tokyo at the end of a work week?

This is really the problem I have with Americans making these sorts of sweeping generalizations without really knowing what they are talking about.

Some of the wildest parties I have been to were attended mostly by Asians.

That's what made America/America.Not to be confused with murka--The Nation formerly known as the US of A.
That's why China is moving forward and you are moving backward.Your little fat brats get free run everywhere they go. Out of control in the streets, in school and there's not a thing you can do about it.
Why ? You voted for it.

I remember getting my ass kicked by everyone from coaches to principles and a repeat at home. I cut grass, split wood, painted, weeded the garden,cleaned the garage (every weekend) changed the oil in the car and what was my allowance ?
I was allowed to go do my paper route and EARN money and allowed to stay up late and do my homework.

OMG- I never thought I'd agree with you!

You know very little about Chinese gangs..and that's how they like it. Teen Pregnancies? Gosh, look around you. Look at the make up of the world. How many chinese people are in it?

Generally, however, this sort of parenting yields offspring which are able to excell at some things are do poor at others. Like being good at math..but terrible at innovation and interpersonal relationships.

Asians are more introverted by nature, which may be interpreted by brash Americans to be poor interpersonal skills, but its really just a difference in personality style. Studies show Asians to rank lowest on the scale of extroversion among the races. Asians like orderliness, continuity, similitude. They generally don't like thinking outside the box or breaking the mold, which is why they are not driven to innovate. Nothing to do with parenting really.

You know this how?

This is really the problem I have with Americans making these sorts of sweeping generalizations without really knowing what they are talking about.

Absolutely, some of the best night clubs are in Japan, I have a few friends stationed there in the Military and they absolutely love it.

You know this how?

That's ancecdotal. It's well known and science based that Asians are mellower.

CulturePlaces: Temperamental differences by race

This is only a generalization, Im sure there are a good number of Asian extroverts. But as a population they are less agressive, less assertive than whites and blacks. These traits are noticeable from a very early age, so its unlikely to be cultural.

Hey, I think I found a clue:

raceIQ.png

there have been a few articles lately about Chinese moms who force their kids to do well at school, practise musical intruments, work in the family business, bring honour to the family, etc. is this a good thing or a bad thing? is it just cultural? does it work? is it fair to other children who dont get the same treatment from their parents?

Life is not fair.

so most here think it is ok that ne asians expect more from their children and dont have a problem that those children overperform. so why do so many consider it racist that whites expect and get more out of their children than blacks and latinos? why is it considered racist that white parents make the sacrifices necessary to give their children a good start? why should whites do less for their children just because NAMs dont put the same resources into their children. why is it fair for ne asians but unfair when whites do it?

so most here think it is ok that ne asians expect more from their children and dont have a problem that those children overperform. so why do so many consider it racist that whites expect and get more out of their children than blacks and latinos? why is it considered racist that white parents make the sacrifices necessary to give their children a good start? why should whites do less for their children just because NAMs dont put the same resources into their children. why is it fair for ne asians but unfair when whites do it?

Who said it was not ok for whites to do it?

[ QUOTE=High_Gravity;3331539]

Who said it was not ok for whites to do it?[/QUOTE]

are you implying that no one says that whites give their children unfair advantages? and then by progression that black children are unfairly held back because black parents do not provide the same advantages? the Ogbu study on Shaker Heights is a stark example of B-W cultural differences that lead to large disparities even in well-to-do communities.

are you implying that no one says that whites give their children unfair advantages? and then by progression that black children are unfairly held back because black parents do not provide the same advantages? the Ogbu study on Shaker Heights is a stark example of B-W cultural differences that lead to large disparities even in well-to-do communities.[/QUOTE]

These advantages are economic not racial, a black man with money can give more to his son than a poor white man, and vice versa.

are you implying that no one says that whites give their children unfair advantages? and then by progression that black children are unfairly held back because black parents do not provide the same advantages? the Ogbu study on Shaker Heights is a stark example of B-W cultural differences that lead to large disparities even in well-to-do communities.

These advantages are economic not racial, a black man with money can give more to his son than a poor white man, and vice versa.[/QUOTE]

unfortunately it is only a possibility that blacks will put as much of their available resources into their children. the reality is they dont. at any given level of SES white children get more nurture and perform at a higher level.

Oh, wow. Who would have guessed that this thread would turn out to be nothing more than IanC battling a strawman?

Do people become dumb because their poor,

or

do people become poor because their dumb?

These advantages are economic not racial, a black man with money can give more to his son than a poor white man, and vice versa.

how many people here think intelligence and committment to learning are defined by how much money your family had? or would that actually mean how much money was spent on the child? or would it mean how effectively the money was spent?

I wouldnt be a bit surprised if there weren't studies showing that the amount of interactive talking a child hears as a baby-to-preschooler isnt highly correlated to how well that child does in school. does anyone really think the words of outsiders can overcome the millions of words a child hears from its family?

how many people here think intelligence and committment to learning are defined by how much money your family had? or would that actually mean how much money was spent on the child? or would it mean how effectively the money was spent?

I wouldnt be a bit surprised if there weren't studies showing that the amount of interactive talking a child hears as a baby-to-preschooler isnt highly correlated to how well that child does in school. does anyone really think the words of outsiders can overcome the millions of words a child hears from its family?

I don't believe that cultural influences have much at all to do with differences in intelligence between the races. If you are born with genes for higher intelligence, there isn't really much holding you back from achieving your potential. From what I understand, environmental deprivation has to be pretty extreme to restrict IQ.

Intelligent individuals will seek out an environment that stimulates them intellectually, provided such an environment is available. If you are a member of a nomadic tribe in Eastern Siberia your opporunities would be limited, but here in America just about any student, even those with impoverished parents, can find activities to stimulate their cognitive development. At least I would hope so considering all the money we spend on education.

I don't believe that cultural influences have much at all to do with differences in intelligence between the races. If you are born with genes for higher intelligence, there isn't really much holding you back from achieving your potential. From what I understand, environmental deprivation has to be pretty extreme to restrict IQ.

Intelligent individuals will seek out an environment that stimulates them intellectually, provided such an environment is available. If you are a member of a nomadic tribe in Eastern Siberia your opporunities would be limited, but here in America just about any student, even those with impoverished parents, can find activities to stimulate their cognitive development. At least I would hope so considering all the money we spend on education.

I agree that culture doesnt affect the actual intelligence but it certainly can affect behaviour. and your point about individuals seeking out environments that suit their character is one that many people dont understand, and dont realize how powerful it is. it is a major factor in why racial cultures are different.

The left destroyed family cohesion. They outlawed family discipline , school discipline and society discipline. When I grew up if a child did something bad or wrong, Mom did not have to be there. The neighbors were more then willing to punish you for it and Mom was thankful.

When I grew up if you did something wrong in school a paddling was an option.

Since the 60's the left has steadily destroyed the US family. The worst sufferers are the blacks. Once one of the strongest family groups now young black men refuse to be fathers to the children they create.
Are you trying to say that black men should be beaten?

If black men would have been beaten when they were children they would have learned to submit to authority whether that's their mother and father or the police. If black men would have been beaten when they were children they wouldn't be out raping and killing everything they come across. Black men knew how to act when they had the fear of the masters whip in their head!

The left destroyed family cohesion. They outlawed family discipline , school discipline and society discipline. When I grew up if a child did something bad or wrong, Mom did not have to be there. The neighbors were more then willing to punish you for it and Mom was thankful.

Since the 60's the left has steadily destroyed the US family. The worst sufferers are the blacks. Once one of the strongest family groups now young black men refuse to be fathers to the children they create.
Are you trying to say that black men should be beaten?

If black men would have been beaten when they were children they would have learned to submit to authority whether that's their mother and father or the police. If black men would have been beaten when they were children they wouldn't be out raping and killing everything they come across. Black men knew how to act when they had the fear of the masters whip in their head!

Looks like we got us another board racist. Aren't we the lucky ones? We even have a special board set aside just for you

so you think it is fair that asian families demand higher standards for their children? perhaps even a good thing?

Personally I think it is not Your or My business. ;)

Forum List

Back