Is IT acceptable to pray for another without first asking them?

You can pray for me... I wouldn't take offense. :cool:

If you just grab me with out warning though, don't be offended if I tactfully tell you I'm in a hurry and I'll have to take a rain-check, leaving you standing there looking like your either on a blue tooth or crazy.

Can't speak for everyone here though. :rolleyes:

-Joe

You can pray for me... I wouldn't take offense. :cool:

If you just grab me with out warning though, don't be offended if I tactfully tell you I'm in a hurry and I'll have to take a rain-check, leaving you standing there looking like your either on a blue tooth or crazy.

Can't speak for everyone here though. :rolleyes:

-Joe

blue tooth is soooo ghetto.

Devnell if you do not believe in God,why would it matter if someone you think is crazy prays to a non existent being? If you do believe why would it bother you that someone would pray to God for you?

Ignorant question.

Now if they insist on praying WITH you or pray for you in public near you, ya that is a bit much.

Is IT obnoxious to tell acquaintances and strangers (unsolicited) that you will pray for them.

Not obnoxious but just kinda dumb though most will understand you mean well.

This reminds me of the controversy of a few years ago when some rabbi got all bent out of shape because some Mormons, doing their usual kooky Mormon thing of baptizing people posthumously into their faith, had been going through lists of Holocaust victims and baptizing them in order to save their souls (or something like that, I guess). This rabbi was so angry about this that he made a big stink about it and made them promise to stop. I couldn't wondering at the time who was the more LooneyTunes, the Mormons for thinking they could convert dead people or the rabbi who thought they could actually do that.

"Now if they insist on praying WITH you or pray for you in public near you, ya that is a bit much" --- lol

Devnell if you do not believe in God,why would it matter if someone you think is crazy prays to a non existent being? If you do believe why would it bother you that someone would pray to God for you?

Ignorant question.

Now if they insist on praying WITH you or pray for you in public near you, ya that is a bit much.

When people I know well who happen to be religious say they will be praying to me...it's okay---sorta.

strangers and acquaintances...
Why would it matter? It wouldn't if I didn't know about it. What matters is that they feel the need to let me know. Why can't they just stfu about it?

What they do is intrusive, annoying and obnoxious.

"Now if they insist on praying WITH you or pray for you in public near you, ya that is a bit much" --- lol

Ignorant question.

When people I know well who happen to be religious say they will be praying to me...it's okay---sorta.

Why would it matter? It wouldn't if I didn't know about it. What matters is that they feel the need to let me know. Why can't they just stfu about it?

Really? HOW? Are your beliefs so weak that someone telling you they will pray to what you claim to believe is a fictitious character you fell annoyed? If they are not trying to get you to pray with them and are not praying openly in your presence how exactly is it obnoxious? How exactly does it effect you at all?

If some one told you they were gonna ask Micky Mouse to help you, would you feel it was obnoxious? Would it be intrusive on their part to ask a fictitious character for help for you?

I fail completely to understand how praying for you to a God you do not believe even exists is intrusive? I can sorta understand the annoyance since you do not believe he exists but not the supposed intrusion or exactly how it can be obnoxious.

If someone told me they were gonna pray for me, I'd beat the fucking crap outta them.

It might be obnoxious to some if one tells another you'll be praying for them.

It really depends on the person and the reason that the other person says they'll be praying for them, doesn't it?

If someone told me they were gonna pray for me, I'd beat the fucking crap outta them.

Do tell. Say we're all very impressed by what a tough guy you are (in ascii).

When people wish you a Merry Christmas do you take offense at that, too, tough guy?

When people wish you a Merry Christmas do you take offense at that, too, tough guy?

I punched out a carload of jehovah's once, they never came back.
I just spit on people who wish me MC.

Have to agree. Strangers or acquaintances announcing they will pray for you or asking you to join in a prayer could be irritating and rude. Next time suggest they make a monetary contribution to your favorite charity (Globe Santa) instead. They will certainly accomplish more good if they do.

How do you feel when people say, "Bless you" after you sneeze?

I punched out a carload of jehovah's once, they never came back.
I just spit on people who wish me MC.
What about Happy Kwanzaa?

Is IT obnoxious to tell acquaintances and strangers (unsolicited) that you will pray for them.

Well...No...and Yes. If ya tell me you are gonna pray for me...you probably should have kept your mouth shut... If I didn't think you were stupid already ..you have confirmed it.

It also depends on how busy I am. I will stop and listen to anyone if not absorbed in something important. I talk to homeless babbling morons every day. They walk by the machine shop constantly. I don't mind ...but the ones that beg for cigarettes and say "bless you , I'll pray for you"....they creep me out. :eek:

Clearly, Devnell could use our prayers.

So please, could you all join me in a moment of silent prayer and ask God to look kindly on our troubled friend. :eusa_pray:

Forum List

Back