• Other

Votes: 2 11.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

tigerbob

Increasingly jaded.
Oct 27, 2007
Michigan
...if you damaged a parked car in a parking lot, but there was no damage to your vehicle and nobody saw the incident?

Odd you should ask.

Somebody dinged my truck int he parking lot yesterday.

Apparently their note blew off my windshield when they rushed out of the parking lot because I was approaching my car.

I'm sure they must be expecting me to call, but since their note must have blown away, they're going to be disappointed.

I would. My car got hit one night by a kid who was backing out of a driveway across the street. She didnt' live there and I wouldn't have ever known but her and her mom asked the neighbors where I work and came down to see me.

They paid for the damages so we didn't have to get the insurance company involved.

It restored my faith in humanity, really. I would leave a note.

Odd you should ask.

Apparently their note blew off my windshield when they rushed out of the parking lot because I was approaching my car.

I'm sure they must be expecting me to call, but since their note must have blown away, they're going to be disappointed.

Happened to me last week. I backed my Dodge RAM into a PT Cruiser (I think I deserve a medal for hitting one of those). Left a 6 inch dent in his bodywork (my truck was fine). It was pouring with rain so I left my cell number at the lobby of the hotel it was parked in. Guy called me about 2 hours later, we exchanged details and it's all being sorted out. He was surprised and delighted that a note had been left.

2 days later, my son left his wallet in the lobby of a hotel with about $100 in it. We went back 15 minutes later and someone was just in the process of handing it in.

I like to think that what goes around comes around. That said, I took a couple photos of the dent, just in case...

My husband is the most honest ace that ever existed...and he has been rewarded when it came around, many times over...

My husband had taken a spin down to massachusetts on business and on his way back home he stopped at the New Hampshire State liquor store on the way back home to pick up some things....he found a $100 dollar bill on the floor....he called me and told me what just happened and said he was going to tell the manager in the store that he found some money, not telling him the amount or how many bills, and that if anyone called or came in saying they lost some money to give them his phone number...and if this person told matt they lost a hundred dollar bill he was going to send it to them...

we get a call a day later from a gentleman that described the lost money as being a one hundred dollar bill, and matthew asked for his address to send it back to him and the gentleman was so surprised that matthew was so honest with the whole incident that he told matthew to keep the money.

My husband is the most honest ace that ever existed...and he has been rewarded when it came around, many times over...

My husband had taken a spin down to massachusetts on business and on his way back home he stopped at the New Hampshire State liquor store on the way back home to pick up some things....he found a $100 dollar bill on the floor....he called me and told me what just happened and said he was going to tell the manager in the store that he found some money, not telling him the amount or how many bills, and that if anyone called or came in saying they lost some money to give them his phone number...and if this person told matt they lost a hundred dollar bill he was going to send it to them...

we get a call a day later from a gentleman that described the lost money as being a one hundred dollar bill, and matthew asked for his address to send it back to him and the gentleman was so surprised that matthew was so honest with the whole incident that he told matthew to keep the money.

An honest man would have either sent it back or donated the money to charity.

Along the same lines...

My wife (girlfriend at the time) is somewhat clumsy and forgetful at times. When we were in college, she was visiting her parents at home in Queens. She left her wallet on the roof of her car and took off. Of course she lost the wallet.

A short time later, two women showed up at her parents house to return the found wallet, intact without anything missing. We were impressed that there would be such good samaritans in Queens NY.

They proceeded to give their speil on becoming a Jehovah's Witness...but that's beside the point.

sighing....i leave a note or call....that is why i pay for insurance..fuck it...might as well use it....

i was in parking lot just parking ....when a guy hits this chicks brand frigging new huge ass suv...glass flies....from broken trails lights etc...he just rammed into the side of her..trying to park by her.....i watch him drive away.... then come back....i am memorizing his tag number as fast as i can....he stares at me..and goes...you have a problem....i replied...i forgot an item in the store...he walks in one side of the airlock, into the store...then out the other door...i ask the cashier if he reported hitting a car....i said a brand new black suv...the woman checking out was the owner of hit car....i had enough of a license plate that the police found him....his comment....she didnt have time to memorize it....well yea i did...within the last number which was either a 3 or an 8....i wasnt sure...but i hate fucks like that..he had insurance he just didnt wanna admit he hit the suv....i wished my hubby wasnt so honest when he banged up the old man's custom redone...vintage mustang....lol....ouchie the repairs for that dent....but no you should do the right thing.....

I was in a bar one Friday night and a friend came in to tell me that someone hit my car and took off - he got the plate number. The guy apparently picked up a pizza from a pizzeria nearby and backed into my car, got out and inspected the damage and then got back in the car and took off. The damage was relatively minor - less than $100, but because the cowardly fuckwad took off, I called the police who then contacted him telling him he better settle with me. I got an estimate of $700 and he paid it. That's what the dipshit gets for being an asshole. Had he left a note, I would have blown it off and said forget it.

Yes.

A friend of mine sideswiped a car late one night (she took her eyes off the road to fiddle w/the radio) and never stopped. I called her a coward and yelled at her. What an ass.

Put yourself in the other guy's shoes ... if someone sideswiped you, wouldn't you want them to leave a note?

I absentmindedly left my purse in the shopping cart of the grocery store one night. I was probably pregnant at the time and the brain was not functioning properly. Someone turned it in to the desk at the grocery store and when I got home they had already called. I turned around and went back to get it.

Going home from the shore a few years back we spotted a wallet on the side of the road at the gas station. Picked it up and when we got home, called the guy. He was a young guy and had just enlisted in the army. Not only did he have money and credit cards in his wallet, he also had his SS card in there. :eek: Dumb, dumb, dumb. Anyway, we mailed it back. Never did hear from him but that's ok . . . our conscience was clear.

Karma - what goes around, comes around.

It depends on who car it is and whether it was intentional or not....

Seriously, I backed into a car in an underground parking garage one morning before work when I was 18 and a waitress. I had no clue what to do, it was my sister's Caprice (a monster)..didn't leave a mark on my car.

So I'm serving breakfast and some guy is sitting there all pasty-faced and said he was bummed because his rental car was damaged in the parking garage. WHOOPS! I told him it was me, I just didn't know what I was supposed to do (I really didn't).

So I gave him my information and my sister had a huge hike in her insurance for the next few years.

Only other fender bender was in Eugene and some idiot biker (I shudder to use that word...he was about 22 and looked like a computer nerd with a Japanese fiberglass bike) rear ended my best friend and I in her orange and white Pinto. He shattered his (fiberglass) saddlebags, they were all over the intersection. I mean, it was a red light, we were just stopped and he came cruising up behind us and apparently didn't see our ORANGE AND WHITE pinto sitting there.

Anyway, we didn't have insurance, but I didn't tell him that. I told him if he reported it his insurance would go sky high and he'd still have to pay the deductible, so it would probably be best just to buy new saddlebags (the Pinto, sadly, was unharmed).

Odd you should ask.

Ed, you drive a truck? Wouldn't have guessed that.
Don't think of it as a ding, think of it as custom body work. ;)

Odd you should ask.

Happened to me last week. I backed my Dodge RAM into a PT Cruiser (I think I deserve a medal for hitting one of those). Left a 6 inch dent in his bodywork (my truck was fine). It was pouring with rain so I left my cell number at the lobby of the hotel it was parked in. Guy called me about 2 hours later, we exchanged details and it's all being sorted out. He was surprised and delighted that a note had been left.

2 days later, my son left his wallet in the lobby of a hotel with about $100 in it. We went back 15 minutes later and someone was just in the process of handing it in.

I like to think that what goes around comes around. That said, I took a couple photos of the dent, just in case...

The other night while at the bar I saw a guy drop his wallet on the ground behind his bar stool. I picked it up and handed it right back to him. Do you think he said thank you? No, he is just gave me a dirty look like I was trying to steal it. One of his friends said thank you but it still pissed me off. I could have stolen all his money or someone else could of and this guy was too much of an asshole to say thank you.

Now a couple of weeks ago I left my coin change at one of those self check outs, I think it was probably only 50 cents but this older guy caught up to me in the parking lot and handed it back to me. That restored my faith in humanity, he spent the time to find me in the parking lot when it would have just been easier to pocket the 50 cents.

Odd you should ask.

The other night while at the bar I saw a guy drop his wallet on the ground behind his bar stool. I picked it up and handed it right back to him. Do you think he said thank you? No, he is just gave me a dirty look like I was trying to steal it. One of his friends said thank you but it still pissed me off. I could have stolen all his money or someone else could of and this guy was too much of an asshole to say thank you.

Now a couple of weeks ago I left my coin change at one of those self check outs, I think it was probably only 50 cents but this older guy caught up to me in the parking lot and handed it back to me. That restored my faith in humanity, he spent the time to find me in the parking lot when it would have just been easier to pocket the 50 cents.

One of my kids found a wallet and keys on the ground and called the police station to tell them they were bringing in.

Our wonderful pigs told them they could be charged with theft.

Forum List

Back