Is ISIS relocating to North Africa?

Bleipriester

Freedom!
Nov 14, 2012
Doucheland
Yep, look like Pentagon has been saving the terrorists and relocating them. They have spent so much money for financing, training and weaponing them, they just hate to lose them.

BBC:
Abu Fawzi and dozens of other drivers were promised thousands of dollars for the task but it had to remain secret.

The deal to let IS fighters escape from Raqqa – de facto capital of their self-declared caliphate – had been arranged by local officials. It came after four months of fighting that left the city obliterated and almost devoid of people. It would spare lives and bring fighting to an end. The lives of the Arab, Kurdish and other fighters opposing IS would be spared.

But it also enabled many hundreds of IS fighters to escape from the city. At the time, neither the US and British-led coalition, nor the SDF, which it backs, wanted to admit their part.

Another driver says the convoy was six to seven kilometres long. It included almost 50 trucks, 13 buses and more than 100 of the Islamic State group’s own vehicles. IS fighters, their faces covered, sat defiantly on top of some of the vehicles.

Footage secretly filmed and passed to us shows lorries towing trailers crammed with armed men. Despite an agreement to take only personal weapons, IS fighters took everything they could carry. Ten trucks were loaded with weapons and ammunition.

“We didn’t want anyone to leave,” says Col Ryan Dillon, spokesman for Operation Inherent Resolve, the Western coalition against IS.

Raqqa's dirty secret - BBC News

Video enclosed.

ISIS large scale operations could be a matter of weeks, intelligence reports and ISIS social media sources claim. They could begin with raiding military bases to get their hands on heavy equipment and then use it to take over large parts of Africa.

"As early as the 1980s, the jihadist underworld has maintained infrastructures in North Africa to facilitate the movement of militant operatives to and from the region. Today these infrastructures are believed to be stronger than ever before."

Exclusive: ISIS to launch major offensives in Libya and Egypt very soon

ISIS large scale operations could be a matter of weeks, intelligence reports and ISIS social media sources claim. They could begin with raiding military bases to get their hands on heavy equipment and then use it to take over large parts of Africa.

"As early as the 1980s, the jihadist underworld has maintained infrastructures in North Africa to facilitate the movement of militant operatives to and from the region. Today these infrastructures are believed to be stronger than ever before."

If I was a military strategist, I would keep a portion of difficult terrain sympathetic but dormant, to ensure the security of my supply lines. If ISIS is so stupid to expose their Africa operations with a direct conflict, then they are as stupid as hitler.

If I was a military strategist, I would keep a portion of difficult terrain sympathetic but dormant, to ensure the security of my supply lines. If ISIS is so stupid to expose their Africa operations with a direct conflict, then they are as stupid as hitler.
Groups like ISIS need presentable successes to attract new members/fighters. And they need income to pay them.

Groups like ISIS need presentable successes to attract new members/fighters. And they need income to pay them.

So they need to collect protection money, aka taxes. That is difficult, because even the big USA went almost back to being a British colony when after the revolution they quarreled up for taxes. In a world where bank secrecy is abolished and currencies are under central global control, fighting against the flow is hard. Maybe they need to look at more technological aspects of warfare if they want to protect their philosophies. They could attack western appeasement in a back door way, but even the world's best chess player, Putin, is having a slow time advancing that.

Forum List

Back