Is homosexuality a choice, a mental illness or something simply inherent?

FOR SEXUAL PERVERTS TO HAVE CHILDREN IN THEIR HOUSE IS """EXTREAM CHILD ABUSE OF THE WORST KIND"""!!! Stand up for right!!!

But beating children with metal rods isn't? :)

What I always tell my sister, stop yelling at your kids, it serves no purpose other than to abuse them because it doesn't actually work, beat them instead. Use a method that actually works thus you can do less of it. Because doing something that doesn't work means you have to do it more often than you have to do something that does work.

One good beating could reduce the necessity for future beatings because the kid will be to scared to not behave. And that is the point.

I never had to beat my kids. The threat of that being an option was always enough. They never did anything bad enough to deserve corporal punishment.

When I was a kid, corporal punishment was almost a relief, that the issue was done. Then I'd go out and try not to get caught again.

Hehe, if it's a choice then it's also a mental illness. Only someone who's mentally ill would choose to become the planet's most persecuted social demographic. :)

That is the single dumbest argument ever presented. You do understand that people have chosen to live lives that caused them to be persecuted since the beginning of time, don't you? Or do you think people are programmed to chose a religion where Romans would crucify them, throw them to the lions, or skin them alive for the entertainment of the masses? You really need to learn to think before you post something so absurd.
Actually his post was 100% right. Most people don't choose a religion. They have it ingrained in them when they were young and impressionable. You don't find a lot of adults who change religions. You get a lot of people who change within their umbrella of religious affilates ie: from Catholic to Protestant but it is very rare for a someone to change to a completely different religion. ie: Christian to Muslim or Hindu to Jew.

Hehe, if it's a choice then it's also a mental illness. Only someone who's mentally ill would choose to become the planet's most persecuted social demographic. :)

That is the single dumbest argument ever presented. You do understand that people have chosen to live lives that caused them to be persecuted since the beginning of time, don't you? Or do you think people are programmed to chose a religion where Romans would crucify them, throw them to the lions, or skin them alive for the entertainment of the masses? You really need to learn to think before you post something so absurd.
Actually his post was 100% right. Most people don't choose a religion. They have it ingrained in them when they were young and impressionable. You don't find a lot of adults who change religions. You get a lot of people who change within their umbrella of religious affilates ie: from Catholic to Protestant but it is very rare for a someone to change to a completely different religion. ie: Christian to Muslim or Hindu to Jew.

Wow, you actually ignored the examples in my post and pretended that made you smarter than I am. I am not impressed.

Tell me something, how could anyone have had Christianity when they were young and impressionable when it was around less than a couple of years when the first persecution of Christians began? Did people grow up faster back then? Or is remotely possible you are wrong about your assumptions that you have all the answers?

Last edited:

Wow, you actually ignoredd the examples in my post and pretended that made you smarter than I am. I am not impressed.

Tell me something, how could anyone have had Christianity when they were young and impressionable when it was around less than a couple of years when the first persecution of Christians began? Did people grow up faster back then? Or is remotely possible you are wrong about your assumptions that you have all the answers?

Amazing to me how many times you've made a fool of yourself Windbag. You are not nearly as smart as you think you are.

FACE THE TRUTH!!!==THE FIRST STEP WE SINNERS NEED TO WHEN SEEKING FORGIVNESS IS TO CONFESS OUR SIN IS SIN AND REPENT. BUT SEXUAL PERVERTS TRY TO SAY THEIR SIN IS NOT SIN THUS THEY COMPOUND THEIR SIN BY DENYING THE TRUTH OF GOD'S WORD. GPD loves the sinner but GOD hates their sin. and you??

So it's only sexual sinners that are strong enough to draw a thread attention to? Have you read the 10 commandments, have you determined what is the greater sin in Christian terms?

Sinners like to overly attack other peoples sins because in their mind that makes them a perfect person. But it's basic projection and JUDGEMENT.

It will not make you a better person and judging others will make you a less Christian, says so in the book.

Wow, you actually ignoredd the examples in my post and pretended that made you smarter than I am. I am not impressed.

More than a couple years. Persecution started under Nero in the year 64AD Also many scholars believe that it was only a handful of Christians under Nero who were charged with Arson. Not much of a persecution at the beginning.
Although provincial governors in the Roman Empire had a great deal of personal discretion and power to do what they felt was needed in their jurisdiction, and there were local and sporadic incidents of persecution and mob violence against Christians, for most of the first three hundred years of Christian history Christians were able to live in peace, practice professions, and rise to positions of responsibility. Only for approximately ten out of the first three hundred years of the church's history were Christians executed due to orders from a Roman emperor.
-The Myth of Persecution. Moss, HarperCollins, 2013.

Every single religion has been persecuted at some point in time.

Last edited:
Using sex as an insult, why is that? is it because you have aren't comfortable with your own sexuality, or is it because you believe that sex is dirty? Have you noticed that I am unimpressed with tactics like that?
Calling people idiot, seems you aren't interested in tactics our debate at all. Likely because you fail at logic.

Calling people an idiot is a rhetorical technique
No, it's childish and it's stupid. Only a complete moron would attempt to pass off their school yard insults as rhetorical technique.

I have a hard time buying that from such an immature poster.

Wow, you actually ignored the examples in my post and pretended that made you smarter than I am. I am not impressed.

Amazing to me how many times you've made a fool of yourself Windbag. You are not nearly as smart as you think you are.

What is amazing is that you think a guy that deliberately chose the user name I did in any way cares about making a fool of himself.

That said, how was anything I said in the post you quoted wrong? The first Christian martyr was named Stephen, and he was killed less than a year after the birth of Christianity. Thereafter the persecution of Christians spread among the Jews, and continued even after the conversion of Paul on the road to Damascus. In order for the claim that they were raised to be Christian fanatics to be true they would have to grow up incredibly fast back then, wouldn't they?

Maybe you aren't as smart as you think you are.

Last edited:

More than a couple years. Persecution started under Nero in the year 64AD Also many scholars believe that it was only a handful of Christians under Nero who were charged with Arson. Not much of a persecution at the beginning.
Although provincial governors in the Roman Empire had a great deal of personal discretion and power to do what they felt was needed in their jurisdiction, and there were local and sporadic incidents of persecution and mob violence against Christians, for most of the first three hundred years of Christian history Christians were able to live in peace, practice professions, and rise to positions of responsibility. Only for approximately ten out of the first three hundred years of the church's history were Christians executed due to orders from a Roman emperor.
-The Myth of Persecution. Moss, HarperCollins, 2013.

Every single religion has been persecuted at some point in time.

Persecution started long before Nero got around to it, read my response to the other idiot that doesn't know history.

That said, feel free to point out where I claimed that persecution is restricted to Christians. My point was, and still is, that people chose to affiliate with regions that will cause them to be persecuted. You tried to claim that they were raised that way, and I pointed out that that was a ridiculous claim. The proof of how ridiculous it is is your attempt to deflect by attacking straw men.

Thanks for making my point for me.

Last edited:

What is amazing is that you think a guy that deliberately chose the user name I did in any way cares about making a foll of himself.

That said, how was anything I said in the post you quoted wrong? The first Christian martyr was named Stephen, and he was killed less than a year after the birth of Christianity. Thereafter the persecution of Christians spread among the Jews, and continued even after the conversion of Paul on the road to Damascus. In order for the claim that they were raised to be Christian fanatics to be true they would have to grow up incredibly fast back then, wouldn't they?

Where did I say anything in that post was wrong? Is English your native tongue?

Calling people idiot, seems you aren't interested in tactics our debate at all. Likely because you fail at logic.

Calling people an idiot is a rhetorical technique
No, it's childish and it's stupid. Only a complete moron would attempt to pass off their school yard insults as rhetorical technique.

I have a hard time buying that from such an immature poster.

Childish and stupid is a rhetorical technique, idiot. If you don't believe me feel free to study rhetoric.

That said, your pathetic attempts to upset me by questioning my sexuality is much lower than the schoolyard rhetoric I employ, so feel free to hang your head in shame.

What is amazing is that you think a guy that deliberately chose the user name I did in any way cares about making a foll of himself.

You implied I made a fool of myself, I want to know what you think justified your statement. Where you just trying to show moral superiority by making a specious claim that I am foolish, or did you actually have a point?

My guess is that it is the former, but feel free to prove me wrong.

You implied I made a fool of myself, I want to know what you think justified your statement. Where you just trying to show moral superiority by making a specious claim that I am foolish, or did you actually have a point?

Well we could start with your incorrect use of the word "where," where in this case you should have used the word "were."

My point was perfectly clear. What part of my point didn't you understand?

Well we could start with your incorrect use of the word "where," where in this case you should have used the word "were."

that wasn't in the post you quoted and claimed I was making a fool of myself, but it would be pretty easy to go through your posts and find typos, would that make you a fool?

I guess I made the mistake of assuming you actually had a point that you could actually expound on. I will strive to restrain myself from assuming that you are actually trying to discuss the issue again, even if you continue to post in the CDZ.

that wasn't in the post you quoted and claimed I was making a fool of myself, but it would be pretty easy to go through your posts and find typos, would that make you a fool?

I guess I made the mistake of assuming you actually had a point that you could actually expound on. I will strive to restrain myself from assuming that you are actually trying to discuss the issue again, even if you continue to post in the CDZ.

Where did I say using the wrong word made you a fool? How many times am I going to have to point it out to you that I did not say you made a fool of yourself in that post? Are you on some sort of medication today that is making you make stuff up? Are you incapable of understanding the difference between the past and current discussions?

If you want me to expand on your foolishness, I would point out that claiming one superior over others has it pitfalls.

Here QW, I'll help you out. My response was focused solely on what you said to tuatara, when you said "Wow, you actually ignored the examples in my post and pretended that made you smarter than I am. I am not impressed."

Now read that in context with my response.

The point being we can all be foolish from time to time, and bragging .. yeah that's foolish.

Last edited:
Here QW, I'll help you out. My response was focused solely on what you said to tuatara, when you said "Wow, you actually ignored the examples in my post and pretended that made you smarter than I am. I am not impressed."

Now read that in context with my response.

The point being we can all be foolish from time to time, and bragging .. yeah that's foolish.

The guy was wrong, period. I just took some pleasure in pointing it out. If you define that as foolish, feel free.

I POST GOD'S WORD ON SICK ABOMINATION OF SEXUAL PERVERSION NOT MY WORD!!! Just face the truth and stop compounding your sin of sexual perversion by denying the truth of GOD'S WORD which is an even worse sin!!

Hi [MENTION=42952]GISMYS[/MENTION]
again the issue here with you is not about God's word in the Bible, which speaks for itself as truth without needing either you nor I to make it true, it already is what it always has been.

The issue here is the SPIRIT and FOCUS of
1. how
2. why and
3. who you are addressing.

Jesus was able to communicate about the Kingdom of God to plain fishermen and farmers
using mere parables from real life. If these people were not literate and not readers of the Bible, he did not preach to them using that.

Why can't you talk with people here like Jesus did with the fishermen and farmers using explanations from real life?

So far you have
1. one person calling you a False Prophet
2. another person thinking you must be some troll without other redeeming things of value
in life to direct your time toward

How does this further any understanding of truth
by seeing you a troll or a false witness?
=============================
how, why and who you are addressing here:

a. you seem to assume "others are denying God so you are trying to call them to
pay serious attention"
but that is not happening, you are coming across wrong and creating the opposite effect

how can this be changed or improved to express and share the truth as you intend?

b. your tone is about judgment of others, but what about correction that is mutual?

which person and which particular act are you trying to correct?
Can you focus on what/who is SPECIFICALLY your goal,
so the most effective way to achieve that can follow from there.

just preaching randomly to any passersby who respond, tells me you are shopping
for help because you don't know a better way to share that is more effective.

c. if you can figure out which people you CONNECT with in Christ
any number of corrections can be received through that CONNECTION

Can you be more specific so the focus can be directed there,
and where THOSE PEOPLE
agree on what changes need to take place, there is support to receive that.

Which people, which issues, what particular things do you want to correct
to resolve conflicts in understanding and reach agreement in truth? Thanks GISMYS!

I POST GOD'S WORD ON SICK ABOMINATION OF SEXUAL PERVERSION NOT MY WORD!!! Just face the truth and stop compounding your sin of sexual perversion by denying the truth of GOD'S WORD which is an even worse sin!!

Hi [MENTION=42952]GISMYS[/MENTION]
again the issue here with you is not about God's word in the Bible, which speaks for itself as truth without needing either you nor I to make it true, it already is what it always has been.

The issue here is the SPIRIT and FOCUS of
1. how
2. why and
3. who you are addressing.

Jesus was able to communicate about the Kingdom of God to plain fishermen and farmers
using mere parables from real life. If these people were not literate and not readers of the Bible, he did not preach to them using that.

Why can't you talk with people here like Jesus did with the fishermen and farmers using explanations from real life?

So far you have
1. one person calling you a False Prophet
2. another person thinking you must be some troll without other redeeming things of value
in life to direct your time toward

How does this further any understanding of truth
by seeing you a troll or a false witness?
=============================
how, why and who you are addressing here:

a. you seem to assume "others are denying God so you are trying to call them to
pay serious attention"
but that is not happening, you are coming across wrong and creating the opposite effect

how can this be changed or improved to express and share the truth as you intend?

b. your tone is about judgment of others, but what about correction that is mutual?

which person and which particular act are you trying to correct?
Can you focus on what/who is SPECIFICALLY your goal,
so the most effective way to achieve that can follow from there.

just preaching randomly to any passersby who respond, tells me you are shopping
for help because you don't know a better way to share that is more effective.

c. if you can figure out which people you CONNECT with in Christ
any number of corrections can be received through that CONNECTION

Can you be more specific so the focus can be directed there,
and where THOSE PEOPLE
agree on what changes need to take place, there is support to receive that.

Which people, which issues, what particular things do you want to correct
to resolve conflicts in understanding and reach agreement in truth? Thanks GISMYS!
Does Gismys really come across as someone who could be swayed by logic to you?

Forum List

Back