Is he in love with you? Here are 7 ways you can tell

jchima

Sep 22, 2014
One of the greatest feelings a woman can ever have is a man's true love. Though your boyfriend may take time telling you he is in love with you, chances are he already has through his actions. That's what happened to me. I knew my husband was in love with me by the way he paid close attention to all my needs. He genuinely cared to hear about my good days and my bad days. Moreover, I didn't have to ask him to do something for me. He just knew. He loved spending time with my family and me. And he said "I love you" first.

For the most part, women are quicker at expressing their emotions to their partners; meanwhile, men take a longer time. You may assume that your boyfriend is not in love with you because he has not verbally expressed his feelings or revealed the three words all women love to hear. But take a close look at his gestures, his mannerisms and how he looks at you. The love he has for you is in the tiniest details.

Here are seven ways you can tell the man you love is in love with you, too.

Shows interest

When your boyfriend starts to ask you in-depth questions about your likes, dislikes and future goals, he is in to you. He wants to learn everything about you. He sincerely cares.

Delicate touches

He grabs your hand gently during a walk in the park or at a family gathering. He caresses your hair softly. He hugs you for no reason at all. He affectionately touches your face as he stares at you. Sometimes just sitting at home watching a movie and cuddling on the couch speaks volumes.

Spending time together

When you find your boyfriend spending less time with his friends and more time with you, he is in love. He is not giving up on his friends; he simply chooses to spend as much time with you as possible. His priorities begin to shift.

Does anything for you

He doesn't care what it takes, but he will make anything possible for you. He may not necessarily be interested in the things you are interested in, but he makes the effort to take part. He doesn't mock what brings you joy. Perhaps you love a particular musician, and he doesn't. But he surprises you with two concert tickets – one for you and one for him.
Meeting his family and friends...

Source: Is he in love with you Here are 7 ways you can tell - eReporter

Thank you for informing single men how to con women out of their pants. luckily the kid is coming up on her 20th anniversary

One could write a fairly long treatise on the psychology of saying, "I love you," or words to that affect. In my family, it was simply not done. The only time "love" was discussed (other than philosophically about "Christian love") was when speaking of others. "Do you love your girlfriend" "Do you love Aunt Bessie?" "Does Dan love his wife?") and that kind of thing. Neither of my sainted mother or father ever told me they loved me, and I returned the favor, in kind. In our own way we loved one another, and I love my siblings. Beyond that,...not so much.

In my wife's family the claim is constantly made that they all (family members) love one another. It's a preposterous falsehood, but it's always said. Especially when one of them has done something particularly inconsiderate or hurtful.

My wife never says she loves me (although I know she does), possibly because she doesn't want me to respond with an obligatory, "Me, too," which would be somewhat shallow and disappointing. I tell her occasionally that I love her (greeting cards don't count), but I always do.

My sister married into a family where professions of love are as ubiquitous as Englishmen saying, "Sorry." (which occurs with every other breath). Every phone call ends with "Love ya." Are they a particularly loving family? Ironically, yes. Though they would never admit it, they are united by their unexpressed hate for an ogre-patriarch, which makes the love among all the others very real and present.

I agree with the OP. The best indication of whether your S.O. loves you is in how s/he treats you. It's possible to be "loving" without being neurotically fixated on the person, but within reason, the loved person should be the center of the other person's attentions (children aside).

No. Not all people say the words. Not all men give delicate touches. Not all women want that. Often, men love in the way they want to be loved. Introspection is not common. If he does to and for you what he wants done to and for him, don't dismiss it.

I agree completely with

Shows interest

When your boyfriend starts to ask you in-depth questions about your likes, dislikes and future goals, he is in to you. He wants to learn everything about you. He sincerely cares.

This applies to you gals, too!

Talking on the phone with a disconnected partner who seems to never listen to anything you say is the death of a relationship.

Also, never talking about future plans means that there is no future.

I agree completely with

Shows interest

Talking on the phone with a disconnected partner who seems to never listen to anything you say is the death of a relationship.

I always show interest, MC! Don't I ask you about your fishing hobby? When's the last time you asked me about my pink sparkle paper origami collection?!?!?

I agree completely with

Shows interest

I always show interest, MC! Don't I ask you about your fishing hobby? When's the last time you asked me about my pink sparkle paper origami collection?!?!?

I'm sorry.... :(

I agree completely with

Shows interest

<hugs> ♡

I agree completely with

Shows interest

<hugs> ♡

Wish I could go fishing, too busy at work. Might go to FL after the new year, though.

Forum List

Back