Germany
- 42% of globally installed capacity in Photovoltaic
- 16% of globally installed capacity in Wind Energy
- 339,500 jobs through renewable energy
- By 2020, 35 per-cent of energy covered by renewable energy
- By 2020, renewable energy exports at over EUR 80 billion

Source, German Agency for Trade and Invest
Germany Trade & Invest - Renewable Energies & Resources Sector

Germany is self-sufficient industry giant with growing economy {3.4 per-cent grwoth in 2010} and exports equaling India`s nominal GDP.
Exports of Germany will breach 1 Trillion EURO barrier in 2011, that is 1.3 Trillion US DOLLAR at current exchange rate.

Germany

Germany is self-sufficient industry giant with growing economy {3.4 per-cent grwoth in 2010} and exports equaling India`s nominal GDP.
Exports of Germany will breach 1 Trillion EURO barrier in 2011, that is 1.3 Trillion US DOLLAR at current exchange rate.

All this in high-wage country not like cheap Chinese workers.
And with growing share of renewable energy in Germany`s landscape, which is allegedly collapsing and is not valued as entrepreneurship according to some here.

Like General Motors and Ford do not lead Automobile industry, Americans will not lead and reap benefits of renewable-energy sector.
Germans accumulated great know-how by implementing renewable energy in projects of such scale many years ago.
That is the reason, why they are exporting renewable technology and are invloved in renewable-projects from USA to Australia.

Google - 762,000 results - german company wind park

Technological Innovation, most Americans have slept again, some like in this thread want to sleep further.

Bridges are collapsing, US Astronauts have to be carried by Russians into space, Hollywood-California is going bankrupt, Chinese subs pop-out between ships in US Aircraft Carrier group, election-computers in Florida have black-outs.

Engineers Give U.S. Infrastructure a 'D' Grade, $2.2 Trillion Price Tag
"In 2009, all signs point to an infrastructure that is poorly maintained, unable to meet current and future demands, and in some cases, unsafe," the engineers warn.
[...]
graded D or D-, including:
aviation, dams, hazardous waste, inland waterways, levees, roads, schools, transit and wastewater.
Nation?s crumbling infrastructure endangers our future - TheHill.com

Someone please explain, what is happening.
In the 90`s when we watched US movies and saw America through lenses of directors we actually believed what we saw.
Nowadays it is fake production through CGI or studio-productions.

In the past, there were some American drawn maps in the Internet.
Just like the one at the end of this post.
I painted my own also --->

Nostalgia
consumermap.jpg

21st century
freevectorworldmap.jpg

http://www.renewableenergyworld.com...se-manufacturing-capacity-to-surge-56-in-2009

Texas, United States [RenewableEnergyWorld.com] According to research firm DisplaySearch's Quarterly PV Cell Capacity Database & Trends Report for Q3 2009 solar cell manufacturing capacity is expected to grow 56% in 2009 to 17 gigawatts (GW) and ramped capacity, which was only 2.3 GW in 2005, is forecast to grow at a compound annual rate of 49% to more than 42 GW in 2013.

According to the report through 2006, Japan had the largest solar cell production capacity in the world. However, Chinese companies started to ramp up a host of new facilities in 2005 and by 2007 had more solar cell capacity on line than any other country.

Between January 2008 and July 2009, approximately 11.4 GW of new solar cell capacity was installed in facilities around the world. Most of these were previous investment commitments, and that is the reason that capacity is continuing to grow 56% in 2009 despite falling demand.

A 44% growth in one year is hardly a collapsing industry. Not only that, First Solar inked a contract with China to install a 2 gw plant. Just one plant.

Global solar power capacity grew 44 pct in 2009 | Reuters

Reuters) - Global installed solar photovoltaic power grew by 44 percent in 2009 on the back of German subsidies now under threat, the European Photovoltaic Industry Association said on Tuesday.

LMAO.......talk about limp statistics...............

Thats like me saying, "Hey.....I grew and extra ball this week. The population of three balled men has really spiked this year!!!"

Fcukking far lefties...........its fascinating. ZERO ability to be able to think on the margin. Its fcukking fascinating how these people think.

Is the Green Industry Collapsing the Free Markets around the World???

No, it's not. However, due to fanciful claims, and the lack of good research, an industry that really could have been beneficial will instead be relegated to the back of the bus as far as investment capital is concerned.

If the proponents had just told the truth the people would have put up with a lot more. But, the people don't like being lied to so when the truth got out they were pissed and green industry has been set back at least a decade, if not more, because they just couldn't be bothered to tell the truth.

The end will never justify the means. It is amazing how so many ignore that.

We are long over due to build nuclear plants ourselves.

I'm all for tax breaks to get a business going, but when it 'needs' governement loans just to stay afloat, there must be something wrong at it's core.

B/c if something is going to be cheaper, people will buy it.

Germany

All this in high-wage country not like cheap Chinese workers.
And with growing share of renewable energy in Germany`s landscape, which is allegedly collapsing and is not valued as entrepreneurship according to some here.

Like General Motors and Ford do not lead Automobile industry, Americans will not lead and reap benefits of renewable-energy sector.
Germans accumulated great know-how by implementing renewable energy in projects of such scale many years ago.
That is the reason, why they are exporting renewable technology and are invloved in renewable-projects from USA to Australia.

Google - 762,000 results - german company wind park

Technological Innovation, most Americans have slept again, some like in this thread want to sleep further.

Really now? Annnnndd what about all those Turkish migrant workers that have been in the country for over 40 years now? And that number over 2 million? What about those cheap laborers? My gosh but you must think Americans are powerfully ignorant to try and spew this crap.

I love Germany and travel there frequently but you are spewing simple nonsense.

Bridges are collapsing, US Astronauts have to be carried by Russians into space, Hollywood-California is going bankrupt, Chinese subs pop-out between ships in US Aircraft Carrier group, election-computers in Florida have black-outs.

"In 2009, all signs point to an infrastructure that is poorly maintained, unable to meet current and future demands, and in some cases, unsafe," the engineers warn.
[...]
graded D or D-, including:
aviation, dams, hazardous waste, inland waterways, levees, roads, schools, transit and wastewater.
Nation?s crumbling infrastructure endangers our future - TheHill.com

Someone please explain, what is happening.
In the 90`s when we watched US movies and saw America through lenses of directors we actually believed what we saw.
Nowadays it is fake production through CGI or studio-productions.

And all of the things that you have pointed out are due to Democrat policies in the states you mention. In CA the legislature raised the taxes on the entertainment industry so high that the industry packed up and left. Now most shows are filmed in Canada where...wait for it...they are given tax breaks so that they will produce there.

Is the Green Industry Collapsing the Free Markets around the World???

No, it's not. However, due to fanciful claims, and the lack of good research, an industry that really could have been beneficial will instead be relegated to the back of the bus as far as investment capital is concerned.

If the proponents had just told the truth the people would have put up with a lot more. But, the people don't like being lied to so when the truth got out they were pissed and green industry has been set back at least a decade, if not more, because they just couldn't be bothered to tell the truth.

The end will never justify the means. It is amazing how so many ignore that.

That's a fact.

The saddest part about green energy is the people that get in its way.

other liberals

They attack everything just to drive up cost or drive it out.

wind; nope, it kills birds, changes misgration patterns, and the wires have to be buried, destroying the habitat of worms.
solar; nope. takes up so much space that it destroys habitats and light pollution (I shit you not)
natural gas; nope, it has to be drilled, and that falls under the evil oil companies forte, and it's a fossil fuel
Clean coal; nope, that's mining, and there's no such thing as clean coal.
hydrogen; oh hell no. you can't use water for fuel
ethanol; pfft, food for fuel, did anyone not notice the cost of food go up?

go ahead and list anything I missed and I will use liberal, uhm, "logic" and crush it.

Westwall you either stupid or a liar..or..you don't do your homework ...I find that odd in a pilot..If you really are a pilot.

Spain was the hardest hit of all the European countries in the collapse we started. Harder than both Greece and Ireland.

They are cutting back on EVERYTHING! What REALLY did not perform for them or any one else were our fraudulently rated bonds.

Explain how the entire world was tied into our housing market, our housing market is so large there is a piece for every nation in the world.

Personally I dont think the housing market caused the crash at all. The government says so, so we believe the government.

Bush lied about WMD's and everything else but Bush did not lie about the housing market of the USA destroying the entire worlds economy.

The truth about the financial crisis is still a secret.

More money is was invested in green energy than the USA's housing market.

The collapse is green energy, the USA's collapse is loss of jobs overseas combined with bad energy policy.

Westwall you either stupid or a liar..or..you don't do your homework ...I find that odd in a pilot..If you really are a pilot.

Spain was the hardest hit of all the European countries in the collapse we started. Harder than both Greece and Ireland.

They are cutting back on EVERYTHING! What REALLY did not perform for them or any one else were our fraudulently rated bonds.

Huggy,

Spain has had a very bad experience with green business.

Feeling the pain in Spain | jobs, green, state - Opinion - The Orange County Register

Is just one example of what occured. 2.2 jobs lost for every one claimed to have been generated is math that doesn't compute no matter how you try and twist it. Yes I am a pilot (private not commercial) and attention to detail is what keeps me alive. I have amassed a goodly number of hours based on teh old pilots addage that there are old pilots and bold pilots but no old, bold pilots (with one exception being Bob Hoover) and I use that maxim in pretty much everything I do.

Whenever a business requires massive subsidy to exhist (whether it is an oil company or a car maker) it is dead...it just doesn't know it yet.

I am a pilot as well and beat the odds and the wise addage as I did most of my flying in the first 5 years moving pot out of Colombia and the Carribean. I should be dead several times over. But enough about me.

I have also started several businesses and what you said about "subsidies" does not hold true. Almost every successful business losses money for the first few years. Starting from scratch and clawing your way just is not possible any more. It takes massive investment to prototype, tool up for manufacturing and penetrate markets just in invention to manufacturing which is my nitch. The same business model is absolutely needed in most start ups these days. Take Fox for instance. Murdoch invested many millions over the first ten years before he saw a dime of profit. There is no gaurantee an idea or business model will make it no matter what it is. Two thirds fail for a wide variety of reasons. When It comes to green ..there is no choice...within 40 years it must be viable or we are all fucked. If I had several million extra dollars I would put it in green technology. That is the sector that WILL succeed because there is no alternative..

Building wind farms and solar uses petroleum at a faster rate than doing nothing.

If we do not build wind farms, if we do not build solar, if we do not build geothermal we will have more oil in the future.

Forum List

Back