Is Gang Violence an Epidemic?

What does Fox have to do with anything? Are you seriously that unable to have a real discussion about this nations problems?

Because Fox is actively pimping the notion that there is a wave of racial violence sweeping the nation. I'm able to have a real discussion about problems facing the nation. Thankfully, this isn't one in any place the minds of Fox clowns.

There is quite alot of racial violence going on in the nation. Dont need Fox to say that. I really dont see how that has anything to do with gangs unless you're trying to claim that all gangs are race motivated.

Except that there isn't a wave of racial violence sweeping the nation.

Gang violence mob violence, random violence, all on the rise, but statistically, crime is at historic low levels. It all depends on who is doing the accounting.

Without digging in the numbers, there's no obvious reason why you couldn't see a rise in gang violence at the same time you see a drop in the crime level overall.

I am watching WGN News out of Chicago. They just reported that a gang of teenagers beat a man for no reason. They stole the guy's wife's cell phone. The man said there is rarely much on the news about the gang violence and he didn't consider it to be a problem. He stated that after becoming a victim and speaking with Chicago police, he now knows it's an epidemic and there are incidents like this everyday.

I will find a link once the station posts tonight's news online.

It just brings up the question of why the media seems to gloss over all the gang violence. I won't even mention the race of the teens. It's not about that, it's about the mentality of much of the youth and all the violence. Funny that the left never addresses it.

It wouldn't be if everyone carried a gun.

The answer the question in the thread title, no, but you wouldn't know that if you're a Fox Noise watcher.

What does Fox have to do with anything? Are you seriously that unable to have a real discussion about this nations problems?

Because Fox is actively pimping the notion that there is a wave of racial violence sweeping the nation. I'm able to have a real discussion about problems facing the nation. Thankfully, this isn't one in any place the minds of Fox clowns.

It's funny how the leftist media pumped nothing but George zimmerman the racist for months "until the narrative was destroyed", but when real racism happens and it happens by blacks on whites then fox news is just pumping noise. You're a tool.

Most people, Jackson, Sharpton, et al, don't much care when the black gangs, or MS-13, or the Latin Kings or whoever are shooting up their own neighborhood and killing each other. This has become obvious since February. When the bangers leave the hood though, attention must be paid as more is involved than just another dead black, or insert your minority of choice here. When the violence spills out to The Loop in Chicago or the Harbor in Baltimore, and innocents are harmed and tourism is affected in a down economy, measures must be taken to stem the violence. And unfortunately, Chicago and Baltimore have the most restrictive gun laws in the country, and law abiding citizens cannot defend themselves against the thugs who care not about the law.

It's funny how the leftist media pumped nothing but George zimmerman the racist for months "until the narrative was destroyed", but when real racism happens and it happens by blacks on whites then fox news is just pumping noise. You're a tool.

While I think the media gave too much coverage to the Zimmerman story, the difference was the race of the offenders. The difference was that the perpetrators in the those other cases were arrested, while the cops basically didn't even investigate in the Zimmerman case.

Most people, Jackson, Sharpton, et al, don't much care when the black gangs, or MS-13, or the Latin Kings or whoever are shooting up their own neighborhood and killing each other. This has become obvious since February. When the bangers leave the hood though, attention must be paid as more is involved than just another dead black, or insert your minority of choice here. When the violence spills out to The Loop in Chicago or the Harbor in Baltimore, and innocents are harmed and tourism is affected in a down economy, measures must be taken to stem the violence. And unfortunately, Chicago and Baltimore have the most restrictive gun laws in the country, and law abiding citizens cannot defend themselves against the thugs who care not about the law.

Breakdown of the family unit. All there is to it. Government has become it.

There is quite alot of racial violence going on in the nation. Dont need Fox to say that. I really dont see how that has anything to do with gangs unless you're trying to claim that all gangs are race motivated.

You would never know that when hearing the so-called Black leaders speak!

I think you could consider gang violence to be at epidemic levels when it occurs outside of the urban constructs that it has been present in since the dawn of the 20th century.

To my knowledge, it hasn't hit rural America yet, so I'd have to say that it isn't at that level.

Yeah I just now saw that too.
We travel to Chicago maybe 2-3 x yr but now... I dunno.

I didn't lose anything there, I have no reason to go to that shithole.

Many parts of Chictown sure, but downtown is still very safe. MI ave., the beaches, the museums, the boardwalk, navy pier, Wrigley-ville and many other parts of the city are still very safe.

The city still has much to offer in museums, sports-teams, restaurants, attractions (like navy pier), the Beach, boat rides, Lake Michigan, Art Fairs, Festivals (Like Rib, Greek, Taste of Chicago etc fest), great comedy clubs (I still enjoy Second City), get bars and clubs, great shopping, great hotels, hottest women in the midwest etc. Chicago has a lot of despite what the liberals are doing to the city!

You would never know that when hearing the so-called Black leaders speak!

You know, I don't know a single person who has been invited to the elections where they select the "black leaders" I always hear people crowing about.

• Thanks
Reactions: Jos
I am watching WGN News out of Chicago. They just reported that a gang of teenagers beat a man for no reason. They stole the guy's wife's cell phone. The man said there is rarely much on the news about the gang violence and he didn't consider it to be a problem. He stated that after becoming a victim and speaking with Chicago police, he now knows it's an epidemic and there are incidents like this everyday.

It just brings up the question of why the media seems to gloss over all the gang violence. I won't even mention the race of the teens. It's not about that, it's about the mentality of much of the youth and all the violence. Funny that the left never addresses it.

Gangs are nothing new...they are as old as the human race itself (so is human trafficking).

Apparently, your awareness is new.

One thing is known about gang violence...it is proportional to the poverty in a society.

It's not that gangs go away in wealthy societies, they just tend not to mess with petty senseless violent crime.

Instead they run Wall St.

• Thanks
I believe in education spending and so do most conservatives. But I want it spend on reducing class sizes, opening schools, security and school programs. I DO NOT WANT IT SPEND ON:
(1) Unfunded Pension Plans - 60% of the tax dollars in Cook County goes to paying retired teachers ridiculously high pensions. Something the private sector doesn't get. Do what San Diego and San Jose did, put them in individual retirement plans (like the private sector has)with a match and see that percent dip to a managable 1-5%!
(2) Fully Funded Health Insurance - The employers in the private sector pay some but not all of their employees' insurance cost, so why should public employees get their entire health insurance costs covered? They should get the equivalent of the private sector.
(3) Tenure - tenure is a collectivist and failed principle. It cost a god awful lot of money and needs to be done away with TODAY!!! Continued employment, raises and promotions should all be on merit PERIOD!!!

Make these changes and you would see what WI is seeing. Schools going from the red to the black, budgets being made without raising taxes, new school programs being funded, hiring of teachers to reduce student to teacher ratios and even new schools to reduce school size!!!
no you dont.....if your a Conservative you hate education and want to end it.....ask Dean, he will tell ya.....he has proof....

• Thanks

Gangs are nothing new...they are as old as the human race itself (so is human trafficking).

One thing is known about gang violence...it is proportional to the poverty in a society.

It's not that gangs go away in wealthy societies, they just tend not to mess with petty senseless violent crime.

you must have some pretty tame gangs where you are at.....most gang violence is senseless....

You realize that the poor of our society are the richest 1% of the world right? If your analysis was at all accurate, we would have no gang violence whatsoever.

Do you know anything about Gangs? They aren't sophisticated enough to even get involved in Wall Street.

You realize that the poor of our society are the richest 1% of the world right? If your analysis was at all accurate, we would have no gang violence whatsoever.

Do you know anything about Gangs? They aren't sophisticated enough to even get involved in Wall Street.
Tell that to Pablo Escobar.

• Thanks

Are you that naive? Gangsters are some of the richest people in the world. Do you really think that the mafia in New York is shy about controlling Wall St.?

Or is it just that to you a 'gang' is only poor gangsters. If they wear a nice suit, live in a nice house and drive a nice car, they're not gangsters, huh?

So effectively, you have no problem with the highly successful gangsters, just the relatively unsuccessful ones.

Forum List

Back