CDZ Is collective punishment reasonable?

I

Indofred

CLEAN DEBATE ZONE

THIS THREAD IS A SERIOUS DEBATE ABOUT COLLECTIVE PUNISHMENT.
IF YOU HAVE TO RESORT TO INSULTS AND GENERAL ABUSE IN AN ATTEMPT TO MAKE YOUR POINT - PLEASE DON'T POST HERE.

Home of East Jerusalem terrorist to be demolished The Times of Israel

The family of Palestinian terrorist Abdel-Rahman al-Shaludi, who killed two people including an infant in a terror attack at a light rail station in Jerusalem last month, received a demolition order Friday for their Silwan home in East Jerusalem...
...security officials told Channel 2 news that Ja’abis may have been motivated to carry out the attack by revenge, after his cousin’s home was demolished by Israeli authorities a short while earlier.

The boy killed, the family have been convicted of nothing.
His attack seems to have been in reply to another family member's home being destroyed.

In my humble opinion, apart from being totally immoral to punish people when they have committed no crime, this angers more people, causing further violence.

Opinion?

I like it.

Let's give a try in this country. We'll begin with Congress. One of them breaks the law and we randomly choose 3 of their peers to execute.

I like it.

Let's give a try in this country. We'll begin with Congress. One of them breaks the law and we randomly choose 3 of their peers to execute.

I am amused.

However, this would never be acceptable in the United states, but your taxpayer funds it in other countries.
In the US, a fair trial must be conducted without unreasonable delay, but many Americans support collective punishment without trial.

I find this rather odd.

Forum List

Back