Is cancer ‘the best way to die’?

barryqwalsh

Gold Member
Sep 30, 2014
Writing in the BMJ, Richard Smith said people with the disease have an opportunity to reflect on life before it ends, something not afforded to those who die suddenly.

Smith said dying from dementia or organ failure is a much worse fate.

“The long, slow death from dementia may be the most awful as you are slowly erased, but then again when death comes it may be just a light kiss.

“Death from organ failure—respiratory, cardiac, or kidney—will have you far too much in hospital and in the hands of doctors.

Doctor criticised after saying cancer is 8216 the best way to die 8217

Both of my parents died of cancer. I assure you, it is a horrible way to die. I'd much prefer to die in a motorcycle accident or from a gunshot wound to the back of my head.

I think the the best way to die is a massive stroke at the age of ninety just as I'm about to climax while making love to my 19 year-old swimsuit model girlfriend.

I think the the best way to die is a massive stroke at the age of ninety just as I'm about to climax while making love to my 19 year-old swimsuit model girlfriend.
Perhaps, but I'd rather die of the massive stroke just after the climax with the young swim suit model.

Perhaps, but I'd rather die of the massive stroke just after the climax with the young swim suit model.
I admit that this fantasy does have its appeal, but it might engender feelings of guilt in your girlfriend for her part in the circumstances of your death.

I admit that this fantasy does have its appeal, but it might engender feelings of guilt in your girlfriend for her part in the circumstances of your death.
I can live with that....
Doh!

Forum List

Back