Is Bill Ayers better than most liberals (and conservatives)?

Bill Ayers has:

• More backbone than liberals.

Votes: 3 23.1%
  • More backbone than conservatives.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • More backbone than conservatives and liberals.

Votes: 2 15.4%
  • No backbone.

Votes: 8 61.5%

• Total voters
Kind of debunks the whole notion of "palling around with terrorists", don't it?

:eusa_whistle:

I didn't realize that opinions could be so strong as to erase documented history. Thanks for clearing that up.

What "history"?

This was a bullshit talking point debunked multiple times.

Dude. I got better stuff to do with my time than deal with your bold faced denials of plain facts. We know that Obama and Ayers have a history. Hell, Obama started his career at Ayers house.

Bush first. Then we can talk about Obama.

You've said this many times and its lame every time. You either believe that Obama is committing war crimes and want him prosecuted or you don't believe it? Which is it?

What war crime?

I realize that the Obama defenders have their blood lust up but just because we can doesn't mean we do.

UN Official: Aspects of US Drone Program Clearly 'War Crimes'

“Victims demand the accountability of public officials and the rule of law, not more human rights violations,” Emmerson said.

Emmerson specifically addressed the failed logic of what is widely called 'the global war on terror,' arguing the construct of a 'global war paradigm' has been repeatedly used to justify acts that severe long-held notions of international law. He said:

The global war paradigm has done immense damage to a previously shared international consensus on the legal framework underlying both international human rights law and international humanitarian law... It has also given a spurious justification to a range of serious human rights and humanitarian law violations.

The [global] war paradigm was always based on the flimsiest of reasoning, and was not supported even by close allies of the US. The first-term Obama administration initially retreated from this approach, but over the past 18 months it has begun to rear its head once again, in briefings by administration officials seeking to provide a legal justification for the drone program of targeted killing in Pakistan, Yemen and Somalia …

[It is] alleged that since President Obama took office at least 50 civilians were killed in follow-up strikes when they had gone to help victims and more than 20 civilians have also been attacked in deliberate strikes on funerals and mourners. Christof Heyns … has described such attacks, if they prove to have happened, as war crimes. I would endorse that view.

If it weren't for an FBI screwup on his and his wife cases, they would both have been in jail.

Backbone?? Not hardly. He and his wife are criminals who got away with it.

I tend to think Ayers is a gutless pig. But when I view this matter just on this one plain, I can't help but think that Ayers is showing a lot of backbone and that's counter to what I get from liberals and many conservative these days. That's the only point I'm making. One can't find truth through constant denials. Both sides want us to be trained like their little bitches. Why do that?

Look, both Bush and Obama has taken the drone program to where it should not be. I find it idiotic to compare waterboarding to the drone program although they both may fall under war crimes.

What Ayers actually was doing was trying to pretend to be objective. He built up Obama as some sort of demi-god then when asked he his reply was a reply of hate America first. He could hardly blame every president in this century for war crime then leave out Obama. If push comes to shove Ayers would fold like a stack of cards.

Besides why is Ayers being asked about a person he hardly knows?

If it weren't for an FBI screwup on his and his wife cases, they would both have been in jail.

Backbone?? Not hardly. He and his wife are criminals who got away with it.

I tend to think Ayers is a gutless pig. But when I view this matter just on this one plain, I can't help but think that Ayers is showing a lot of backbone and that's counter to what I get from liberals and many conservative these days. That's the only point I'm making. One can't find truth through constant denials. Both sides want us to be trained like their little bitches. Why do that?

Don't be fooled, a worm, no matter what it does, will NEVER had a backbone.

Has Bill Ayers done some bad things? Yes. Has he said some bad things? Yes. Does he have crazy positions, imo? Yes. Does he always have good motives, imo? No.

But, he actually gave the liberal god, Obama an F. He actually said that Obama should be tried for his war crimes. And he did so, very publicly, on camera. This is way more backbone than most liberals and arguably most conservatives have these days, is it not?

Bill Ayers Exclusive: 'Try Obama for War Crimes' 6/18/2013 - YouTube

He also said that both Bushes and Bill Clinton should be tried for war crimes.

Seems to be more an exercise in habit than in courage.

Has Bill Ayers done some bad things? Yes. Has he said some bad things? Yes. Does he have crazy positions, imo? Yes. Does he always have good motives, imo? No.

But, he actually gave the liberal god, Obama an F. He actually said that Obama should be tried for his war crimes. And he did so, very publicly, on camera. This is way more backbone than most liberals and arguably most conservatives have these days, is it not?

He also said that both Bushes and Bill Clinton should be tried for war crimes.

Seems to be more an exercise in habit than in courage.

He has a consistent outlook. And he sees the presidency as a murderous occupation. I'm not so sure that he's wrong.

Look, both Bush and Obama has taken the drone program to where it should not be. I find it idiotic to compare waterboarding to the drone program although they both may fall under war crimes.

What Ayers actually was doing was trying to pretend to be objective. He built up Obama as some sort of demi-god then when asked he his reply was a reply of hate America first. He could hardly blame every president in this century for war crime then leave out Obama. If push comes to shove Ayers would fold like a stack of cards.

Besides why is Ayers being asked about a person he hardly knows?

What makes you say that?

:confused:

You've said this many times and its lame every time. You either believe that Obama is committing war crimes and want him prosecuted or you don't believe it? Which is it?

What war crime?

I realize that the Obama defenders have their blood lust up but just because we can doesn't mean we do.

“Victims demand the accountability of public officials and the rule of law, not more human rights violations,” Emmerson said.

Emmerson specifically addressed the failed logic of what is widely called 'the global war on terror,' arguing the construct of a 'global war paradigm' has been repeatedly used to justify acts that severe long-held notions of international law. He said:

The global war paradigm has done immense damage to a previously shared international consensus on the legal framework underlying both international human rights law and international humanitarian law... It has also given a spurious justification to a range of serious human rights and humanitarian law violations.

The [global] war paradigm was always based on the flimsiest of reasoning, and was not supported even by close allies of the US. The first-term Obama administration initially retreated from this approach, but over the past 18 months it has begun to rear its head once again, in briefings by administration officials seeking to provide a legal justification for the drone program of targeted killing in Pakistan, Yemen and Somalia …

[It is] alleged that since President Obama took office at least 50 civilians were killed in follow-up strikes when they had gone to help victims and more than 20 civilians have also been attacked in deliberate strikes on funerals and mourners. Christof Heyns … has described such attacks, if they prove to have happened, as war crimes. I would endorse that view.

So now you do think that the US should listen to the world?

When did you have this epiphany? Exactly?

What war crime?

Of course that wasn't the question asked.

Of course that wasn't the question asked.

So..you've just quoted the UN official..accused Obama of War Crimes..and now backtrack on it.

Come up with some case that a "crime" was committed and stick with it.

What law are we working under that you come up with this conclusion?

And it seems, Germany gave him the finger too, since 2008.

Berlin Speech: 200,000 for Obama in 2008; Only 6,000 Today...

Ayers has no backbone.

"...so should every other president of the past century" he added.

Despite Republicans howling about how they really don't hate Obama just this week we saw Republicans cheer for China to "beat Obama" and now they are reversing six years of outrage and disgust to side with someone they themselves called a terrorist.

This happened all in a week. Stunning

What war crime?

Funny you would site the UN.

Former UN Chief Weapons Inspector Hans Blix: Iraq War Was Illegal

Iraq War was Illegal and Breached UN Charter, Says Annan

The United Nations secretary general, Kofi Annan, declared explicitly for the first time last night that the US-led war on Iraq was illegal.

Mr Annan said that the invasion was not sanctioned by the UN security council or in accordance with the UN's founding charter. In an interview with the BBC World Service broadcast last night, he was asked outright if the war was illegal. He replied: "Yes, if you wish."

He then added unequivocally: "I have indicated it was not in conformity with the UN charter. From our point of view and from the charter point of view it was illegal."

But IMHO neither President should be handed over to any international tribunal for war crimes.

Despite Republicans howling about how they really don't hate Obama just this week we saw Republicans cheer for China to "beat Obama" and now they are reversing six years of outrage and disgust to side with someone they themselves called a terrorist.

I've NEVER said I don't hate Obama. Wouldn't anyone really hate someone who was trying to steal or murder their loved one? Here is why I hate Obama: ( even though I know hate is bad for the spirit, but I do compartmentalize it )

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pgnWt13aO9k]Obama "Fundamentally Transforming the United States of America" - YouTube[/ame]

And it seems, Germany gave him the finger too, since 2008.

Berlin Speech: 200,000 for Obama in 2008; Only 6,000 Today...

Ayers has no backbone.

Ayers is just applying Alinsky Tactic #7:

"A tactic that drags on too long becomes a drag."

Obama-ism has become a drag.

I've NEVER said I don't hate Obama. Wouldn't anyone really hate someone who was trying to steal or murder their loved one? Here is why I hate Obama: ( even though I know hate is bad for the spirit, but I do compartmentalize it )

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pgnWt13aO9k]Obama "Fundamentally Transforming the United States of America" - YouTube[/ame]

You hate an entire person existence from a 9 second soundbite?

Forum List

Back